MLB 11: The Show vs. MLB 2K11

Toe

Which game are you going to play?

I like what I see from MLB 11: The Show. It was my favourite game of the year for 2010 and they are now implementing analog pitching and batting. Upgrades to the franchise mode will make player movement and development more realistic.

MLB 2K11 is also an improving game. I know that MLB 2K10 was not as good as The Show, but it was more playable then 2K9 and hopefully gets better with this new installment.

This could be a good year for video game baseball fans.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The analog controls are super smooth and will give the game a totally different feel. The best part is the fielding controls and how it's all revamped and the errors per player ability changes. The player and stadium models were in development since 09 released and we finally get to see them so the whole look will be much, much better.

Like the post above me the RTTS got a lot of love, but franchise not so much which is in the middle of a 2 year cycle to totally revamp it like the models were. Only changes are to trade logic and some minor off season stuff.

Many, many other little things aswell which these guys are the king of little things. Since you may want to play many more games than the standard sports game the little things is huge to not make it so redundant.

Here is a video of the new pitching controls. I think they are pretty nice looking. It's been said that pitching is easy to pick up on, but the new hitting controls are rather hard to grasp and keep a good pace with.

MLB 2011 The Show | Free Trial of MLB.TV | GameStop

Baseball is my favorite video game to play because the sport is not so cheese worthy like football is.

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh i wish i could get The Show.

The last time i played The Show was 08 on the PS2 and i was totally hooked on the game for months. Played RTTS till my eyes where sore and i loved every minute of it.

But i am not interesting on paying the price for 11 on PS2 but i don't have a PS3.

2k11 on the other hand is a way to satiate my hunger for baseball but the fact that it lacks RTTS. I am (pretty) sure that 2K also has a RTTS style mode seeing that they did the same thing in NBA, but it will probably not be as good as The Show.

One of the games that annoys me for the fact that i have a 360 instead of a PS3.

I'm looking to pick up a baseball game this year, but I absolutely SUCK at pitching. Always have.

The pitching system on 2k10 was the best part of the game. Hopefully The Show steals it, as The Show is a better game, but I disliked the pitching.