2010/2011 College Basketball

bill_da_bill

It seems like every sport imaginable is covered in this section except college basketball. I assume that means there aren't many fans, but I'll start this anyway and see.

It's February, that means were only a couple of weeks away from Conference Tournaments and than the beautiful spectacle that is...March Madness.

Ohio State looks like the best team, and they also look like they have the best player in Jared Sullinger which bodes well for them. I stil think there are a ton of quality teams out there though and a lot of parody this year which should make for a hell of a March. I still see Duke as right there with Ohio St. in terms of best team, and I hate admitting that cause I don't care much for either school.

Texas is my darkhorse right now. I love that team, but they may be to young.

So anyone else a fan? Thoughts on how things are unfolding right now?

I like college hoops, but the entire regular season is pretty much irrelevant for all but the 5 or 6 bubble teams that don't make the March Madness field. I haven't watched a single game for more than maybe 10 minutes this season, but once the tourney starts I will be glued to pretty much any game that's on. It doesn't really help that OSU and Duke are two of the top teams in the country, but at least I'll have two 1 seeds to root against.

I actually love college basketball. I'm a North Carolina fan, but I haven't really been following it much this season. Not really sure why, just don't have the time, I guess.

To many sports to little time.

There's a reason I didn't start this thread until the Super Bowl, college football recruiting, UFC 126, etc. was over. Typically I catch some games here and there while doing homework, and sadly I follow Michigan close all year, but than come this time of the year I tend to turn up the amount of attention I pay things. I do however watch as much Jimmer Ferdette as I possibly can.

Like I said I am a Michigan fan, but I have a ton of respect for Tom Izzo and what he's done at MSU. That said, it's unreal to see the way this team is self destructing.

I cant believe that MSU is having this downfall. I'm a michigan fan too, and while I loved them getting the win in EL, I feel bad that MSU is basicly on a downworld spiral. the middle of the big ten is all within like a game of each other, I'm guessing they get at least five teams in maybe six, so the question is who will finish strong and who will drop back. I'm enjoying the way Michigan play, I just hope they make a good run in the NIT if nothing else, and continue to get better going into next season. I don't know how deep into the tourny Ohio State can go, they are a good team but I think they have a ceiling that ends before the final four. That said, I hadn't a clue who should be in the final four instead of them.

I cant believe that MSU is having this downfall. I'm a michigan fan too, and while I loved them getting the win in EL, I feel bad that MSU is basicly on a downworld spiral. the middle of the big ten is all within like a game of each other, I'm guessing they get at least five teams in maybe six, so the question is who will finish strong and who will drop back. I'm enjoying the way Michigan play, I just hope they make a good run in the NIT if nothing else, and continue to get better going into next season. I don't know how deep into the tourny Ohio State can go, they are a good team but I think they have a ceiling that ends before the final four. That said, I hadn't a clue who should be in the final four instead of them.

Michigan St. just looks uninterested right now. It’s crazy to see from an Izzo led team really.

Michigan has surpassed my expectations for this year. For a team with two juniors and a bunch of freshman and sophomores they’re not looking bad. They’re an NIT team at least which is something. I’m excited to see how Darius Morris and Tim Hardaway Jr. do next year though with a bit more experience under their belts. And hopefully Jordan Morgan develops into an inside threat.

Horford is who I think will be a true inside threat once he puts some weight. Morgan is getting better and better as the season goes on which is great, postive about next season is the freshman wont have to play 20 or 30 minutes a game like Smot and hardaway had to do. Hardaway looks great and I think he will only get better.

Duke is my team and I was glad when they won it last year... I don't know if they'll get back there this year... I wouldn't be surprised to see em win it or get knocked out early in the tournament... Missing Kyrie Irving isn't really helping thier cause either...

I think Ohio St. will crumble in the tournament... Pitt & Kansas might be the teams to watch out for in this years tournament especially Kansas, whom right now I'd definately have in my final four... I don't see San Diego St. doing too much in the tournament and will fall to the larger programs... I like watching Jimmer Fredette play and he would get my vote for player of the year with Sullinger second but BYU is a team I could see been bounced in the opening round of the tournament...

The other team I follow closely is Cal but they aren't doing too good this season... Blew it the other night and lost in triple OT to Arizona... Hopefully they can win a few more games and get far in the Conference tournament otherwise they've got no chance of making the tournament this year...

I like college hoops, but the entire regular season is pretty much irrelevant for all but the 5 or 6 bubble teams that don't make the March Madness field. I haven't watched a single game for more than maybe 10 minutes this season, but once the tourney starts I will be glued to pretty much any game that's on.

x2 .... If Kentucky or A&M are on I'll make an attempt to catch some of the game. Otherwise there are very few games during the season that are big enough to matter.

How 'bout dem Heels, baby

The Yankees, Notre Dame football and UNC hoops? Cherry pick much? I'm surprised you don't also root for the Lakers/Celtics and Manchester United to complete your unholy empire of evil.

My dad graduated from UNC. And he's a diehard Yankee fan. That's why I'm into them. Notre Dame is because I grew up watching them on NBC. Not cherry picking. When you grow up in southern Delaware, and the nearest professional team of any kind is three hours away, it's not like I really have a hometown team to root for. :(

And I'm actually a Knick fan. <_<

How 'bout dem Heels, baby

The Yankees, Notre Dame football and UNC hoops? Cherry pick much? I'm surprised you don't also root for the Lakers/Celtics and Manchester United to complete your unholy empire of evil.

My dad graduated from UNC. And he's a diehard Yankee fan. That's why I'm into them. Notre Dame is because I grew up watching them on NBC. Not cherry picking. When you grow up in southern Delaware, and the nearest professional team of any kind is three hours away, it's not like I really have a hometown team to root for. :(

And I'm actually a Knick fan. <_<

I'm just busting your balls. It's what New Yorkers do :P

I'm from Upstate New York. 30 minutes from Cornell University, hour and a half (give or take) from Syracuse, and 45 minutes from Binghamton University. BU is the team that got knocked out by Duke in the 1st (?) round of March Madness a couple years ago. Recently under fire for NCAA violations for players getting improper benefits, etc. I followed Cornell heavily last season, being from the area, which made their March Madness run much more sweeter. Got a shirt and everything. :P

I have a love/hate relationship with Syracuse. I had a fit earlier when the Orange lost to Georgetown, during rival week, at the Carrier Dome... But it's all good and dandy when they win. I should just start betting against Syracuse, so when they lose I'm still happy. :shifty:

So basically I have three teams in different conferences that I can cheer for. 'Cuse in the Big East, Binghamton Bearcats in the America East, and last but not least, Cornell Big Red in the Ivy League. I haven't had much to cheer for this season but oh well.