2010/2011 College Basketball

bill_da_bill

Duke goes down, again, meaning either Ohio State or my Jayhawks will be #1 come Monday. TBH, rankings, to me, don't matter, anymore. Only thing that will matter to me is what seed a team gets and who else is in their bracket. Just hoping Kansas locks down that #1 seed and doesn't run into another damn Northern Iowa this year. Even if Kansas doesn't win it all this year, they did win it all in '08, so they don't NEED it this year. Looking at how the other teams have been playing, if Kansas doesn't take it (and I have a strong feeling they are the front runners this year), I can see Ohio State or even Duke taking it. But, like I said, it would all depend on what other teams they are paired up with in their respected brackets.

That was a good game. And what is wrong wtih Nova right now?

Glad to see Butler making the dance as well, they probably couldn't have made it in as an at-large team.

On a different note, I really can't believe Michigan could actually make this tournament, they have no business being in this spot with the young team they have, it's an amazing coaching job. Hopefully they beat Illinois Friday amd basically seal their spot.

Rutgers just got raped at MSG. St. John's got away with an over the back foul late which was bad enough, but then saw a guy step out of bounds and take THREE steps as he chucked the ball into the crowd with about 1.7 seconds left. That home town cooking has been working wonders for the Johnnies this year.

Two fouls, a travel call and an out of bounds and the referee walks off the court before game is over. This is such bullshit. Naiwf, turn on WFAN if you can. Francesa (Red Storm alum) is taking the Big East to task.

I've been watching him on YES. Those three refs need to not work another game this season. When the guy calling the game can spot something happening live and referees STARING at the play don't catch it, it's a fucking joke. This was Donaghy level shady.

Two fouls, a travel call and an out of bounds and the referee walks off the court before game is over. This is such bullshit. Naiwf, turn on WFAN if you can. Francesa (Red Storm alum) is taking the Big East to task.

I've been watching him on YES. Those three refs need to not work another game this season. When the guy calling the game can spot something happening live and referees STARING at the play don't catch it, it's a fucking joke. This was Donaghy level shady.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't watch every Rutgers game this year but this crew has a history of screwing Rutgers (and others over). One of the WRSU (Rutgers campus radio) guys said before the game that Rutgers was screwed. One or both had cost Rutgers a game earlier in the season. Trying to find out exactly which one because I don't remember it but that is the buzz around here.

Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOWkNBxlTo&feature=player_embedded

Big East is going to release a statement shortly. Will they actually put the teams back on the court? I doubt it but this is a big black eye for the Big East. Two New York teams and with Francesa being on top of it.

LOL. The Big East is saying that neither one of those infractions (traveling, stepping out of bounds) is allowed to be reviewed or corrected. Corruption's runnin' wild in the NCAA, brother. Given the slap on the wrist punishments the NCAA has been handing out lately, my guess is that those refs will be forced to work the early game tomorrow. That'll teach 'em!.

:rolleyes:

LOL. The Big East is saying that neither one of those infractions (traveling, stepping out of bounds) is allowed to be reviewed or corrected. Corruption's runnin' wild in the NCAA, brother. Given the slap on the wrist punishments the NCAA has been handing out lately, my guess is that those refs will be forced to work the early game tomorrow. That'll teach 'em!.

:rolleyes:

In a strange coincidence the over/under on the game was supposedly 128.5.

Big East Statement

The Big East Conference acknowledged that two separate officiating errors occurred at the conclusion of the St. John’s vs. Rutgers game. Both missed violations should have caused the game clock to stop and a change of possession to occur prior to the end of the game. Neither error is reviewable or correctable under NCAA playing rules.

That makes no sense. Yes, they can't review the travel call but how do you not notice the kid step out of bound? How do you not check to see if there is time left when Mike Rice and a couple of the players asked them. The officials walked off. Rutgers got screwed.

This brought back memories of the game vs Tennessee from a few years back.

These officials better not be in the NCAA Tournament.

Edited by sahyder1

Missing a foul? That's forgivable, it happens regularly. Missing an out of bounds? For fucks sake. No excuse for this travesty, they should put the teams back on the court but it's too late for that now.

Crazy thing is it wasn't too late. Next game on the court isn't until 7 and everyone involved will be there for the night. They should have been put back on the court but that would require the NCAA to acknowledge that one of their officials left the court with time still on the clock. The remaining two games tonight and the next couple of days will be dominated by this story which is shameful because it is one hell of a tournament. The Big East commish ducking the press is an absolute joke. I feel for the 3 seniors who worked their asses off this year and bought into what Rice was putting in place. They took Syracuse to OT earlier this season. No reason why they wouldn't have put on another solid outing tomorrow against the Orange.

I agree. I think in order to make things right they should have been allowed to play out those last two second of the game. It couldn't have taken that long for the NCAA to find out about it. I don't know that I have ever seen a call so blatantly awful.

Listening to Mike Rice it's pretty impressive that he is handling it so well, not sure how long after the game the interview I listened to was though.