2010/2011 College Basketball

bill_da_bill

Meacon should root for the Del State Hornets based on where he's from and all that.

I almost went there after New Orleans was struck by Katrina. I'm still from an hour south of there though. I'm talking farming, chickenhouses, hillbilly Delaware. Also, I can honestly say I've never been to a Delaware State game, though. I'm a big Blue Hen fan, though.

And yes, Sahyder, you jinxed UNC, because I'm almost 100% sure you did something to cause them to roll over. :angry:

Meacon should root for the Del State Hornets based on where he's from and all that.

I almost went there after New Orleans was struck by Katrina. I'm still from an hour south of there though. I'm talking farming, chickenhouses, hillbilly Delaware. Also, I can honestly say I've never been to a Delaware State game, though. I'm a big Blue Hen fan, though.

And yes, Sahyder, you jinxed UNC, because I'm almost 100% sure you did something to cause them to roll over. :angry:

I don't know man, Dover's pretty hillbilly too. They have a NASCAR track.

But an hour south of there puts you pretty close to the beaches does it not?

I don't know man, Dover's pretty hillbilly too. They have a NASCAR track.

But an hour south of there puts you pretty close to the beaches does it not?

Yeah. I essentially had a farm in my front yard and a beach in my back. I grew up raising chickens and surfing.

I was going to complain about Kansas being # 1 this week even though they'd lost to Texas and Texas actually had the most 1st place votes of any of the 4 schools that received some, but then they got mugged by K-State earlier tonight and rendered that whole point moot. It will be interesting to see if OSU goes back up to # 1 or if Texas leapfrogs their way from 3rd to 1st assuming everyone else wins out for the week. I think this could very well be the year that a midmajor breaks through and wins the whole thing if they get hot at the right time. Since there isn't a single dominant team it wouldn't shock me to see an SDSU or JimmerFredetteUniversity make another Butleresque run.

Also, big win for West Va. That might seal them into the tournament. How many team will the Big East get? 11?

And a bad loss for Va Tech who really didn't need a letdown against Virginia. It's looking like we might get another Seth Greenberg breakdown when his team gets left off the Tourney list.

I love when the tourney bubble takes shape and the games start getting big.

Coaches Poll is out and as you probably guessed, it makes no sense whatsoever.

1 Duke (5th last week)

2 Kansas (1)

3 Ohio State (3)

4 San Diego State (6)

5 Texas (2)

6 Pittsburgh (4)

Duke has 19 1st place votes, Pitt and OSU have 4 each, SDSU 3, Kansas 1 and Texas none. I don't know how the # 6 team in the country is 2nd in 1st place votes.

I would imagine the AP Poll will look a little less scatterbrained, but I wouldn't bet on any of those teams winning the title this year because there's never been more parity in college hoops.

Edited by naiwf

The Jimmers beat SDSU again and St. John's knocked off another top 15 team on the road ('Nova). If BYU wins out they'll either be a 1 seed or they'll get the consolation prize (#2 in the West) which sets them up nicely. If SJU doesn't lose out, they might just end up as a top 4 seed which is somewhat mind blowing.

I'm very torn between my two favorite teams, St. Johns & Syracuse. Growing up I was a big Syracuse fan and then I went to graduate school at St. Johns. There was never a real conflict of interest until now when they are both good. Either way, happy to see them both have successful seasons this far and knock off Big East rivals today.