2010/2011 College Basketball

bill_da_bill

I am surprised at the amount of people who were riding ODU this tournament. I had a guy in a group have them in the Final Four before changing it to Elite 8. Butler's run last year almost had me putting them in the Final Four, but I couldn't bring myself to believe an 8-12 matchup in the Sweet 16 and an 8-10 in the Regional Final was plausible.

Really hoping for the Belmont upset here.

Jimmer's heating up, no way I see the Wofford game staying as close.

Just you watch, Wofford is gonna come out of halftime on fire :shifty:

Nah but in all seriousness, I just want to see BYU fail miserably after they kicked Brandon Davies to the curb for having premarital sex... It is ridiculous in this day and age that, that could be a reason to dismiss someone... Maybe it's just me but the BYU Honor Code has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of for a college to institute to its students...

Gus Johnson should call all of the games. HA HA!

EDIT: Who's the most overrated coach in the nation? -> Jay Wright, Jamie Dixon or Rick Pitino?

Rick Barnes?

I don't know as I don't watch, but he seems to catch a lot of crap.

Not exactly the best win for UW but a win nonetheless. Hopefully we've gotten the nerves out of the way with that awful stretch in the first half, luckily Georgia completely and totally failed to take advantage of it.

Gus Johnson should call all of the games. HA HA!

EDIT: Who's the most overrated coach in the nation? -> Jay Wright, Jamie Dixon or Rick Pitino?

Despite my distaste for him at the moment (had Louisville going to the title game), Rick Pitino is far from overrated. Once you've taken three different schools to the Final Four, you've earned enough cache to have disappointing showings and still be considered one of the best coaches in the country.

• Like 2

The Big Least is now guaranteed to have 7 teams out by the end of play tomorrow. Two teams are through no matter what because of the two Big East on Big East matchups, and Pitt and Notre Dame could go either way. Even if they both win, getting 4 Sweet Sixteen teams out of 11 somehow seems pretty weak. I don't know what's worse, the laughably bad rep Big East football has or the amount of failures Big East teams have once they stop playing the Big East schedule.

Temple's play in the 2nd OT tonight should be studied for decades to come as the definition of what NOT to do when your season is on the line in the NCAA tourney. They slowed the pace to a crawl and didn't pick it up even when they were down two possessions. They missed layups. They missed free throws. Then to top it all off when they were only down 3 with time to get the ball back, they fouled and made it a 5 point game with about 30 seconds left. They need to burn that tape.

EDIT: lol, Pitt. Committing a foul about 85 feet from the hoop to lose the game after you had a chance to win it from the free throw line could only happen to these losers.

Edited by naiwf

If the Rutgers/St. John's guys had been working that game, Butler still would have won by 1. . . . but they simply wouldn't have called either foul and would have already been on the way to the strip club by the time this one actually finished :shifty:

Charles Barkley and the Big East haters must be loving these first few days of the tourney. The Colonial is doing about as well as the alleged best conference in America.