The Pop Music Thread

StevenRichardsRules

The one I have is Europop, which includes Blue (Da Ba Dee) and Move Your Body. Most of the other tracks suck (excluding Hyperlink and Too Much of Heaven), but yeah, I got it at Value Village for like 3 bucks.

Also, how old are you? :shifty: I think I was 10 or 12 when Eiffel 65 was big. I remember going to my first dance and refusing to go onto the dance floor until I heard Blue. Then, a few years later, I DJed a school dance and, mysteriously, Move Your Body made it into the list of songs to be played. Yeah, I love Eiffel 65.

Also, I vaguely remember listening to Baja Men. I cannot remember what their big single was though. That's gonna bother me.

I also had a cassette with Disco Inferno's theme song though, so yeah, my taste is very fallible.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT? WHO? WHO? WHO? WHO?

And repeat.

I remember getting kicked out my first school dance for refusing to do the bunny hop. Got sent to the principal's office and everything. Now I throw myself into the people who aren't dancing at shows, so I suppose I've changed a bit.

And I'm nineteen and being eight was a total guess.

Ah, LD, you're just a young guy then. I'm 23 so I've seen the world come and go. :shifty: Also, the awesome video for "The Bad Touch".

EDIT: Also, how the hell do you get in trouble for not bunny hopping at a school dance? The only real reprecussions we ever saw for dances were to do with drinking.

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

Okay, seriously, what the fuck is up with Lady Gaga's music video for "Born This Way"?

http://www.youtube.com/user/ladygagaofficial?blend=1&ob=4#p/f/0/wV1FrqwZyKw

Seriously, someone explain how this isn't pants-on-head retarded. Here I was thinking that she couldn't get more outlandish and well...I'm sorry, I was wrong. I was SO wrong.

Also, gay Gaga fans, don't you feel pandered to? Even a little?

Also, what's up the "him or HIM" line? :shifty: Is Gaga really into HIM, the metal band?

That video is fucking ridiculous. Someone needs to punch her in the face.

The song is annoying too. Total 'gay club anthem cliché' chorus, with a naff verse.

Speaking of gays, I posted this in the 'leet' thread, but it fits here too;

Absolutely love it.

Edited by YI

Listened to YI's stuff. Didn't like The Sound of Arrows. Didn't like Oh Land. Florrie wasn't bad (kinda reminded me of Metric).

Anyone listen the new Panic! at the Disco CD, Vices and Virtues, yet? I've been listening to it for the last day or so. It's pretty good.

Believe this is the first single, The Ballad of Mona Lisa:

After jokes with mates last night, part of me really wants to do "Rebecca Black: An essay on the prospects and equality aspirations of young woman in the recessive united states". But it seems far, far, far, far too much effort, especially for something that would stop being funny after about 200-words. :shifty:

SO FUCKING GOOD!

Proper love "Microscopy" from the EP as well, but it's not on youtube.

I was working on the presumption that "Snowlights" was his debut album, a sort of 'post Owl City cash in', turns out he's got fucking loads. :D

Edited by YI