2011 NFL Offseason Thread

sahyder1

I liked the Titans pick of Locker... I honestly think, looking back in a few years, that he'll be the best QB in this draft... I just like his style and as they were saying, he is tough... He just looks like a good pick to me...

My favourite player of the draft so far though has been J.J Watt... The dude looked so happy to get drafted... He looked like a monster too, going to Houston was awesome and I think he'll fit in perfectly there...

Detroit getting Nick Fairley was awesome! I like the pick... I couldn't believe he slipped so far...

Now been a Carolina fan, I'm kind of disappointed with them drafting Newton but I can kind of understand it... I would have rathered them trading down and getting some more picks or something... I would have been happy for them to trade down and pick up Kaepernick (I think thats his name) out of Nevada...

So far I think it's been a pretty good draft though and ill be honest, this is the first NFL draft I've ever watched... Been an NBA fan and from Australia, doesn't really make NFL that high here :P

Is this a joke?! Someone tell me this is a joke! Tell me now that the Lions did not just pick Nick Fairley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This must be how Heaven feels like

Fairley and Suh ? Oh dear .... that's freaking scary.

Dont forget KVB as well, and Corey Williams played well last year too.

I just can't shake the feeling there is a reason Fairley was once a contender for number 1 and slipped to 13. We needed a CB and we had a pretty good one sitting there.

I know the Lions did their homework on Prince though and if they didn't take him I have to assume there is a reason.

Dude, look at out D-Line now. Our corners just have to be below average. No QB will have time because they won't be able to double anyone.

I just can't shake the feeling there is a reason Fairley was once a contender for number 1 and slipped to 13. We needed a CB and we had a pretty good one sitting there.

I know the Lions did their homework on Prince though and if they didn't take him I have to assume there is a reason.

Dude, look at out D-Line now. Our corners just have to be below average. No QB will have time because they won't be able to double anyone.

I'm settling down and coming out of shock now, haha. With Fairley, both Suh and Fairley can play DE at times and we can rush just 4 and still get to the QB on a regular basis. I'm starting to like the pick more and more.

Chris Mortensen tweeted, "Lions love Corey Williams; they want to have the ability to play Suh and Fairley inside or outside on the d-line...any character concerns will be taken care of by Schwartz and Vanden Bosch."

Sorry I don't know if I've missed anything but just wondering does anyone know where Vince Young will end up? I'm assuming he hasn't been traded yet due to lockout and what not... but has there been anything talked about where he is going and what not yet?

I liked that pick of Kerrigan to Washington... Him, on the otherside from Orakpo will be pretty damaging, I liked it...

Didn't like the pick of Pouncey at 15... Felt the Dolphins could have drafted someone better than that with that pick and I just don't think Pouncey will help them out too much...

Surprised that Cameron Jordan hasn't been drafted yet as well... But maybe thats just cause I go for Cal in College Football :P

I've been watching the Draft for a loooooong time, and I don't think I've ever heard this much outright booing with the picks. I don't think anyone has actually been cheered.

It took nine-teen picks..... but Prince Amukamara finally got cheered. Course, he went to New York.

Fuck you Denver, that is all.

You're welcome. :)

Oh, and not having ESPN sucks. These fucking morons on NFL Network are the most idiotic people I've ever seen host a draft. Not Eisen and Faulk, the guys who took over afterward. They're playing draft like a ten year old playing Madden. "WILL IT BE A QUARTERBACK?! RUNNING BACK!?! WIDE RECEIVER?!?!" No, you dumb fucks, the Browns wouldn't trade up for a quarterback when they were quite happy taking McCoy last year.

Fuck you Denver, that is all.

You're welcome. :)

Oh, and not having ESPN sucks. These fucking morons on NFL Network are the most idiotic people I've ever seen host a draft. Not Eisen and Faulk, the guys who took over afterward. They're playing draft like a ten year old playing Madden. "WILL IT BE A QUARTERBACK?! RUNNING BACK!?! WIDE RECEIVER?!?!" No, you dumb fucks, the Browns wouldn't trade up for a quarterback when they were quite happy taking McCoy last year.

If it makes you feel better Jon Gruden said the same thing when the trade went down, not sure if he was aware who was trading up when he said it though.

I like most of the NFL guys though. I like Eisen, Faulk and Mayock a lot. Going back and forth between ESPN and NFL.