V-Festival 2011

DavidMarrio

Well what with other festivals getting a thread and with the presale tickets going on sale today and them going on general sale on the 4th of March thought might as well create the thread.

The lineup is set to be announced in an hour or two

Razorlight are alive! :D I remember them being good for a couple of songs, a few years back!

Yeh i'm hoping that there'll be some good bangs getting announced between now and August. There's still what 5/6 months so there'll be new acts getting announced over the time.

I can see Rihanna being the special guest as there were strong rumours of her doing Love the Way You Lie with Eminem but theres some decent/good acts outside the main headliners like Razorlight and Cast.

Could be better though, should improve though come August.

People are still getting excited over Razorlight? Their 3rd album was pretty much a complete and utter musical abortion, one of the shittest albums I've ever listened too, dreadfully boring.

They have some killer singles and their 1st album was good, but I haven't listened to it in a good few years, so it mightn't have held up. But honestly, at this point, they'd be pretty fucking low down the list of bands I'd get excited over.

Kaiser Chiefs however, aren't anywhere as self-indulgent, a total festival band and are proven to deliver a top notch live show. That's who you should be getting excited over.

Edited by YI

If they stuck to their more famous singles; 'America', 'Golden Touch', 'In The morning' etc I think that Razorlight would be pretty fun to see live. The leader singer's a twat and I totally forgot they even had a third album, but if they stuck to what made them famous I think they could be a lot of fun.

Isn't Johnny Borrell the only actual member of Razorlight now anyway? Speaking as someone who never heard the second album and didn't even realise there was a third (though did see them prior to number one and thought they were okay in a 'sound a bit like the Libs' vibe of the time) they pretty much embody the type of bands that V will have on in terms of "You've had a hit, you're in!". See Ocean Colour Scene.

Edit: If I'm Mick Jones I'm threatening to quit unless they put my band further away from N-Dubz on the poster.

Edited by Colly

Looks like I'm going to Weston Park :w00t:. Proper excited because this'll be my first ever big-name UK festival. Line-up's not exactly awe-inspiring, but there's enough to keep me happy (Manics, Kaiser Chiefs, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Rhianna's bum etc.). That, and the fact I'm going with some very good mates, means I'm very excited for August. Plus, it's a few days after my birthday which makes it even better.

I really do not see the appeal in V festival any more. Lots of artists who, like someone said earlier, have a few hits, or even one hit. It's the kind of line up that the idiots on my facebook are going to get excited over because they got love for shit like Bruno Mars, Jessie J, Rihanna and the rest of the current pop machine. There are only two artists on the line up so far that I'd go to see, that being The Saturdays (simply for a perv) and The Script. Maybe Duran Duran too actually. But the rest I've either seen (as most people will have done if they've been to a festival or two.) or just don't give a shit about.

Yeah, the kind of people who're creaming over V on facebook kind of killed my interest in even considering going. I went for one day last year and that was amazing for me, mainly because it was my first festival experience. I'm going Latitude this year, but I have to admit, if I wasn't, I would've been tempted to go just to see Artic Monkeys

Just turned on my phone and got bombarded with a series of texts, missed calls and answer phone messages from the friend who organised the ticket buy-o-thon. Turns out the website they used to buy the tickets wasn't legit and I've now got to get in contact with Natwest to cancel the transaction and my debit card.

Seriously, fuck my life. :(

Yeh some people i've seen on facebook posting about it has made me think urghh annoying tools and the line up so far isn't exactly the best considering when you look at some of the lineups for other festivals but tbh it's just more about it being my first festival experience for me and having a laugh with my mates, theres some bands I like that'll i'll get a chance to see :)

Just hope some good bands get announced between now and then

Wait, you're calling Ocean Colour Scene some kind of one hit wonder?! Give me a break love.

Far from it, but I'm 27 and when I saw them in my teens they were past their prime. I'm basically saying expect Toploader to be added to the lineup soon.

That being said, it is good for a first time festival. I went in 2001 and saw Foo Fighters, Muse etc etc, you just have to wander past the dross to find it. My big V anecdote is popping back to the campsite after a particularly raucous Idlewild set to give my ears a rest, hearing David Gray start playing Babylon from there, walking down to the arena for the start of Doves and hearing Babylon continuing for the full twenty minute walk past the main stage. Play your hits!