EWB Favourite Star Trek Episode

hugobomb

startrekxi.jpg

I know there's a fair amount of Trek fans here so what the hell

Rules:

1) List your ten favourite Star Trek episodes of all time, in order.

2) The can be from ANY of the broadcast series.

3) I need the proper episode title, so 'that one where Quark pretends to be a women' isn't helpful (though anyone who votes for that episode will be slapped). Also putting the series it came from would be very helpful as well but not vital so long as you put the correct title.

Edited by HugoAbs

1. In The Pale Moonlight (DS9)

It's my faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave! :shifty:

2. Space Seed (TOS)

A little pre-KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!! Khan.

3. Tapestry (TNG)

Q gives Picard a do-over.

4. Year of Hell (VOY)

Red Foreman fucks with temporal physics and shoves his foot up Voyager's ass.

5. If Wishes Were Horses (DS9)

People's imaginations run wild on Deep Space 9 in the most literal sense.

6. What You Leave Behind (DS9)

The greatest Star Trek finale they did.

7. Far Beyond The Stars (DS9)

My final DS9 entry, the greatest single episode of Star Trek produced, and in my opinion is tied for the best Star Trek media produced (It's a toss up between this and Wrath of Khan).

8. Parallels (TNG)

Worf starts jumping between alternate realities, hoping that the next leap, will be the next leap home. . .

9. Amok Time (TOS)

Spock makes his septennial booty call to Vulcan.

10. Q Who (TNG)

Q shows he's not all fun in games when he introduces the crew of the Enterprise to the Borg.

...would it be too nerdy to do a seperate list for each series. -_-

I could do a top ten for TOS, TNG, DS9, ENT, and a top ten list of "SHIT THAT IS RUINING SCIENCE FICTION" for VOY. >_>

I could do a top ten for TOS, TNG, DS9, ENT, and a top ten list of "SHIT THAT IS RUINING SCIENCE FICTION" for VOY. >_>

you'd love sfdebris' reviews on youtube then, he tears Voyager a new one most weeks (along with some dodgy ENT, TNG and DS9 every now again)

What crack are you smoking Mick? "All Good Things..." is far superior, What you leave Behind felt very rushed and the amount of reused battle footage from stuff like "Sacifice of Angels" was really annoying to me, and I felt insulted that they thought we wouldn't realise :angry: And why is "All Good Things..." better?

1. "All Good Things..." TNG

Brilliant end to a brilliant series, brought everything full circle and made Q out to be less of an asshole as it seemed he really cared that Picard succeeded in being more than a standard human and then more than just the captain where he goes to play poker with his crew at the end was touching. Plus seeing old Picard with a Badass future Enterprise (in one possible future that would never be) was awesome.

2. "Best of Both Worlds" (Parts 1 and 2) TNG

The second time we see the Borg, the first time we realised how FUCKING BADASS they are. Plus we see how amazing Riker is once Picard becomes Locutus, and it sets up a lot of the backstory to my favourite Star Trek TNG move "First Contact"

3. "The Way of the Warrior" DS9

Worf? Klingons? Big battles? Dukat? Gowron? First time you see (Changeling) Martok? Amazing. Really set up the way DS9 would go for the remainder of its run.

4. "Parallels" TNG

Worf going through parallel universes on board the Enterprise after coming back from a Bat'leth tournament, thousands of Enterprises coming together, loved it!

5. "Trials and Tribble-ations" DS9

Brings together a great TOS episode with DS9 to form a fun episode which really captures the imagine, there is a shite load of Tribbles, the possibility that Bashir is his own great grandfather, and this:

O'Brien: I wouldn't take it personally, Worf.

Doctor Bashir: I rather like the way you smell.

O'Brien: Yeah... sort of... earthy, peaty aroma.

Doctor Bashir: With a touch of... lilac...

6. "Sacrifice of Angels" DS9

This episode gets a lot of love from me for 2 reasons, a fun space battle and the setting up of Dukat as a mental patient when his daughter is murdered by Damar (if I remember rightly) So this is a setup for the fantastic last (almost) 2 seasons.

7. "The Inner Light" TNG

Picard is scanned by an alien probe and falls unconscious only to live out a full life for himself on a planet in a matter of only moments in Enterprise time

8. "Chain of Command" TNG

Picard is arrested by Cardassians and mental torture ensues, however David Warner plays the sinister Cardassian, and I fucking love him playing sinister characters in well, all of his roles.

9. "Tapestry" TNG

Picard dies and gets taken back to his youth by Q and gets to change things, by going against his natural nature it is seen he wouldn't be half the man he was if he hadn't been stabbed through the heart. Q brings him back to life and everything is normal but we have learnt an important moral, as always.

10. "Mirror, Mirror" TOS

The first of the alternative universe episodes (That DS9 carried on), the darker tone and the parallels with the Soviet Union at the time is pretty delightful, even now.

So Yeah DS9 and TNG are better than most things.

What crack are you smoking Mick? "All Good Things..." is far superior, What you leave Behind felt very rushed and the amount of reused battle footage from stuff like "Sacifice of Angels" was really annoying to me, and I felt insulted that they thought we wouldn't realise :angry: And why is "All Good Things..." better?

Didn't they also reuse the 'Klingon ship blows up and guy gets sucked down a corridor' bit that they used in the sixth film and the seventh?

Didn't they also reuse the 'Klingon ship blows up and guy gets sucked down a corridor' bit that they used in the sixth film and the seventh?

YES! I think it was in Undiscovered Country, it was definitely in Generations.

I could do a top 10 TNG list, and a top 10 mix out of what I've seen of TOS and DS9.

In other words, this is gonna take a lot of thinking over. I'll get back to ya.

YES! I think it was in Undiscovered Country, it was definitely in Generations.

He's not in Undiscovered County (Or at least not on the Bird of Prey that Kirk and Sulu shoot down)

He's at 2:35 is Generations

And I could swear I've seen him else where asie from the DS9 finale. They must be really happy with how that shot came off and love showing it again

I don't know any names but I do like anything from Next Gen that involves Q, the one where the bugs control the Star Fleet admirals, the one where all the crew members evolve or devolve or something and especially the one where Dr. Crusher's universe gets smaller and smaller.

My list is going to be TOS heavy. I enjoy DS9 and TNG, but I think TOS has more memorable moments.

1. Balance Of Terror (TOS)

2. Amok Time (TOS)

3. Tapestry (TNG)

4. The City On The Edge Of Forever (TOS)

5. The Naked Time (TOS)

6. The Measure Of A Man (TNG)

7. Yesterday's Enterprise (TNG)

8. The Galileo Seven (TOS)

9. Let That Be Your Last Battlefield (TOS)

10. What You Leave Behind (DS9)

1. The Game

2. Sub Rosa

3. Masks

SWERVE~!!!

This was hard. Had to cut 7/8 TNG episodes from my short-list. So:

1. Tapestry (TNG)

Could have been any one of my top 3/4, but this wins it for a wonderful story, and for 'I refuse to believe that you are god. The universe is NOT that badly designed!'

2. The Best of Both Worlds Parts 1 & 2 (TNG)

Best cliff-hanger ever? And just SO much bad-assery all round; from the Borg, from Locutus, from Riker, from everyone.

3. All Good Things... (TNG)

Actually the best finale they ever did.

4. Arena (TOS)

GORN.

5. Parallels (TNG)

Everyone has already summed this up. Worf in alternative universes = win.

6. The Ascent (DS9)

I could have picked ANY episode of DS9 Season Five (it's as far in DS9 as I ever got, I'll confess), as for me Season Five was about perfect. The worst episode was still bloody good; so I forced myself to make one pick from this season and one pick only. I plumped for this. Quark and Odo, left alone to bicker and probably die on a remote planet. A wonderful two-hander character piece.

7. Balance of Terror (TOS)

Just a wonderful story, a great introduction to the Romulans and a great guest appearance from the guy who played the Romulan Captain who's name I'm too lezy to check right now.

8. The Gallileo Seven (TOS)

Just a wonderful survival story.

9. Yesterday's Enterprise (TNG)

10. Frame of Mind (TNG)

It was going to be City on the Edge of Forver, which has a wonderful last act, or Chain of Command; but this episode needs more love. Riker, can't tell if 'reality' is the Enterprise, where he is performing in a play about set in an alien mental institution; or an alien mental institution where he has delusions of being a human Starfleet Commander. Turns out it's neither. (Technically speaking Jonathan Frakes is brilliant here.

Could easily have done a 'Top 10 TNG' list, there's more episodes that need love!