Madden 12

sahyder1

Any Brits who want to join the OF will obviously be a little late as it's not out til Friday. I *might* have it by Wednesday.

Mine was shipped today from play.com. Glorious bastards that they are.

I'd join in the franchise but I don't have Live, so I won't be. Booooo.

Checking various boards to see the reactions of people who have been playing since midnight. Shocked at how bad the reviews have been so far. Hearing there are a million glitches and that franchise mode doesn't live up to the hype. Also people saying it's "the same game as the last 5 years" which I right away know is a crock.

Hoping it's just a very vocal minority/trolls who still have a hard-on for NFL 2k5. My copy has already been pre-ordered and paid for anyway. Looking forward to trying this out for myself.

It actually plays a lot different than past Maddens, in my opinion. The running game has never been so fluid, it's almost, and I stress almost, 2K5ish.

I like that my first pack of cards for Ultimate Team included Mike Wallace, Ted Ginn and Darius Heyward-Bey. Clearly I need the Raiders uniforms.

I also like that my team name from last year carries over automatically. Hooray Chris Benoit!

Yeah. Saw that, but don't know what that means.

I think it's basically so you can keep track of who's beat who and who has the best record within a set group of people.

Also, were people really expecting a yearly sports title, ESPECIALLY one under the EA Sports banner, to not have glitches and bugs day one? Not that I'm defending it, it's utter bullshit, but if you're going to get in a pissy about it, don't buy it until the patch drops.

Yeah. Saw that, but don't know what that means.

I think it's basically so you can keep track of who's beat who and who has the best record within a set group of people.

Also, were people really expecting a yearly sports title, ESPECIALLY one under the EA Sports banner, to not have glitches and bugs day one? Not that I'm defending it, it's utter bullshit, but if you're going to get in a pissy about it, don't buy it until the patch drops.

Its for record keeping, but its also for people to have a group to play in where they know everyone plays in "good faith,"

or at least it isn't some random kid. You know what you're getting, basically.

Communities are pretty much what Dragsy said. You get together with a group of people and can easily organize games with them. Or you can join up with two other members and play 3vs3 games against other communities.

Enjoying this so far. That being said, I kinda hate how you get punished for playing 5 minute quarters. It was raining in Washington, so I simply couldn't get the passing game going. Went like 5-for-15 for 97 yards with Eli. Receivers were either dropping the ball or slipping while running their routes all game. Only managed to win on the strength of my defense and 3 picks.

But even if it was a nice day out, there's simply not enough time to put up numbers comparable to the rest of the league - since CPU stats appear to be simmed based on full 15 minute quarters. Pretty much zero chance of ever winning an MVP award/getting a Pro Bowler. It's not a huge deal...but it seems really pronounced this year.