Terraria

rocksta

Holy shit, that looks hilarious. Which platform?

PC only I believe. It's on Steam for about £5.

From the videos of it out alone, I really want it, probably will buy it at the end of the week. Wish there was a demo out for it though, so I could try it out.

It does? Since when did it do that? You can build and construct an entire town in this game and actually have it crawling with peopl; lure merchants to your castle, have NPC's stay at your home if you build a room for them, I don't see how the building aspect takes a backseat.

Because I'd rather be able to build innovative and interesting homes like this:

http://geek-haven.com/wp-content/gallery/minecraft_1/minecraft2.jpg

or

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s0HKQG7ThbU/TRPZkEJ8l7I/AAAAAAAAARk/n9b8j9fkh6s/s1600/minecraft-helms-deep.png

When the most you can do in Terraria looks to be a small house. Which you'll only be able to see one side of anyway. It's just a massive step down in my opinion if you like the building aspect.

If you want to you can build a huge town with a fort shaped like a penis, if thats what you want, I don't know how you got the idea that you are limited to a small house. But it isn't in 3D, no; it does have 100% more laser weapons and 100% more awesome monsters to battle.

Eh, it just doesn't seem like I'd enjoy the building as much. Sure you could build a big tower, but you couldn't build a puzzle based dungeon for people to play, or a mini-golf course that's actually quite fun, or if you've got the time, a to scale recreation of the Death Star. The combat and monsters and stuff doesn't interest me really.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...