WWE Goes Regional!

Okay, I've got some predictions. :)

-Stevie vs JBL

Stevie will pick up the win, but not cleanly.

-Batista vs Kidman

Batista will make light work of Kidman, and squash him.

-Cena vs Nowinski

Cena will pick up the win, but still make Nowinski look good in his return match.

Also, I've got a present. Took ages to make, what with cutting and downloading PSD's. So, enjoy. If you use it, put it on your own host, if ya don't mind.

user posted image

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

user posted image

Trade, End of the Month Shows, and More.

-The first inter-brand trade has been announced. Surprisingly, it is a 3-way deal between the Northeast, the Midwest, and the Southwest. The Northeast will send Mark Jindrak to Eric Bischoff's Midwest. In exchange, Ivory from the Midwest will be sent to Heyman's Southwest promotion. Johnny Nitro will be the newest star for Vince McMahon in the Northeast. You can see it here on WWE.com.

Northeast receives: Johnny Nitro

Southwest receives: Ivory

Midwest receives: Mark Jindrak

Although the Southwest appears to be getting the worse of the deal, it is all part of Paul Heyman's plan to bolster the women's division. Mark Jindrak is expected to continue his Gimmick infringement gimmick, while Johnny Nitro will soon make his debut as a full-time wrestler.

-The current plan in the WWE is for each regional promotion to run their own monthly extravaganza. It is not expected to be on PPV, but rather a long 2-3 hour show at the end of the month. More details on this to follow as we get it.

-The TV show for WWE:International, originally thought to be a main event slot, has been moved to an Early evening position. No reason was given by CBC or WWE.com, but insiders speculate that Vince does not believe that Shane McMahon has the ability to help churn out 2 hour shows every single week. From what we can tell, this move seems to more by the WWE.

-Several superstars are in negotiations with the WWE at this point, including Jeff Hardy, Hulk Hogan, Sting, and Lex Luger. This is all part of Vince McMahon's plan to bring more star power to the separate feds. However, negotiations have been very rocky so far. Although the wrestlers are happy with the lesser traveling schedule, it also means a cut in salary.

-Widro

Unscripted

August 2nd, 2004

Commentators: Michael Cole and Tazz

Cole: Welcome, everybody, to Unscripted, the hot new show of the Northeast! I am Michael Cole, and I am joined here tonight by none other than Tazz.

Tazz: That’s right, Cole. This is the first show of the WWE Goes Regional Era, and I have a feeling that it will be a great one!

Cole: We are joined here by over 20,000 fans here at Madison Square Garden to see history in the making.

Tazz: You gotta love the New York fans, Cole. I was born here, raised here, and this is my favorite place in the world.

No Chance In Hell

The lights go pitch dark for a second, and then the familiar “No Chance” is heard. The fans pop for the owner of WWE: Northeast, Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Mr. McMahon struts out onto the stage, looking very pleased with the turnout. He continues down the ramp, and stops to shake hands with Donald Trump, who is sitting at ringside!

Cole: The Trumpster’s here?

Tazz: No doubt he wanted to be here for this historic occasion. That’s a million dollar handshake right there.

Vince exchanges a couple of kind words with Trump before walking up the steps. His music comes to an end, and he is handed a microphone. He stands around the ring, and takes a brief respite while the fans chant “Northeast, Northeast.” Finally, Vince begins to speak.

Vince: Welcome to WWE: Northeast! First of all, I would like to say thank you to all the fans who are here at this historic show as well as all the viewers watching at home on the Madison Square Garden Channel. WWE: Northeast could not be here without all of your support.

Vince claps his hands to show his gratitude, and the fans once again cheer.

Vince: You know, many people say that the WWE started here in the Northeast, and I believe that 100%. Many great superstars have come from these parts of the country, and later on tonight, you will see some of these great superstars in action! But first, I have just a little bit of business to attend to tonight.

The crowd grows very silent, waiting for what Mr. McMahon has to say.

Vince: Now, at my age, I can still be a very proud man. However, I must also be a realistic one. The truth is, I just don’t have the energy that I had before. I just didn’t have the ruthless aggression that I possessed years ago. So, I don’t want this to reflect on this show. So, what I have done, is invited a very special person here tonight to take on the duties as the new commissioner of WWE: Northeast!

Cole: A new commissioner! Oh my!

Tazz: I wonder who it is, Cole, but I know it’ll be good. It has to be.

Vince: This man has certainly paid his dues in many years and countless injuries in the WWE. He is from the state of New York, always ready with his cheap pops…

The fans start to realize who it is, and they go wild.

Vince: Ladies and gentlemen……..Commissioner Mick Foley!

Mick Foley’s music hits, and out comes the flannel-wearing, hand-waving Foley! He is wearing his trademark “Have a nice day” shirt, and gives his adoring fans high-fives on the way down the ramp. He rolls into the ring, and Mr. McMahon extends his hand out. After a brief moment of tension, they shake hands and embrace in the ring. The fans cheer, and Mr. McMahon walks out of the ring, leaving the ring for his new commissioner.

Mick Foley climbs the turnbuckles and poses for the fans, playing to the crowd.

Tazz: Mick Foley? I can’t believe it. Mick Foley is in WWE: Northeast as the new commissioner.

Cole: Well, we’ll hear from the commissioner in just a while right after these commercials!

(86)

---COMMERCIALS---

New Commissioner

We’re back, and we join Commissioner Mick Foley in the ring. He starts to speak, but is cut off by the loud “Foley” chants.

Foley: Now, for those of you who might not know me……my name is Mick Foley. My previous experiences in this industry…hmm……I was the 1st ever Hardcore Champion. I am a multi-time tag team champion. I’ve won the WWE championship several times. I was a commissioner before, also with this company. Oh yeah, I’m also the Hardcore Legend.

The fans give a big pop for the last one, and Foley flashes one of his big smiles.

Foley: So, I guess you can say that I’ve had just a teeny weeny bit of experience with championships. Well, from my teensy weensy time with them, I’ve determined that this fed needs a champion!

Cole: You can say that again!

Tazz: This Foley guy’s a smart one, isn’t he?

Foley: But how do we determine the ones that deserve a title shot? Out of all these capable superstars, which ones are the ones that are the best? Well, that’s why tonight, in this very ring…….right here in New York City!

Tazz: Cheap Pop!

Foley: There will be a battle royal! Every single person in that locker room is eligible. The last two remaining in that ring will meet in four weeks at Total Annihilation, the first ever Northeast PPV! And they will be fighting for this championship belt! The Elite title!

A shot of the new title appears on the titantron. Madison Square Garden goes crazy for the latest announcement, as Mick Foley gives the camera a thumbs up.

Foley: Well, that’s all I have to say right now. But if I think of something else, you bet I’m going to come out here again. Enjoy the rest of the show, have a nice day!

Mick Foley leaves the ring as his music hits again.

Cole: Every superstar in WWE: Northeast is eligible to enter the battle royal!

Tazz: I can’t wait, Cole. What a terrific main event to start off Unscripted!

(87)

---COMMERCIALS---

Steven Richards vs. John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield

Steven Richards is already in the ring as we come back from break. He plays to the crowd for a bit, but that is interrupted by John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield’s music. Bradshaw walks down to the ring, holding a microphone.

Bradshaw: It feels so good, I have to say, to be back in my adopted hometown, New York City.

The crowd boos, as Bradshaw’s big grin suddenly turns into a frown.

Bradshaw: But you know what doesn’t feel good? Being greeted by all these lower-class people who probably wouldn’t know a stock portfolio from a taxicab. I really wish Vince could’ve advertised on Wall Street so we can fill up those sky box seats instead of those cheap upper deck seats in the upper atmosphere.

Bradshaw waves to the people up top mockingly as he steps into the ring.

Bradshaw: Ah. I see you’ve got a pair of binoculars. Good, you’re going to need it when you see John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield kick this guy’s ass right now, whoever you are.

Steven Richards takes offence, and has to be restrained by the referee.

Bradshaw: And then, you can take it out again in the main event, when you get a close-up on this million-dollar smile as I claim one of the spots in the title match in the battle royal!

Bradshaw finishes the last sentence, and clocks Steven Richards in the head with the microphone. The bell hasn’t rung yet, so it’s still legal. Steven Richards goes down hard, and Bradshaw covers, trying to steal the match. 1……….2……..Steven Richards kicks out. Bradshaw unrelentlessly pulls Steven to his feet, and whips him into a corner. Bradshaw charges at Richards, and Stevie moves out of the way at the last second. Richards rolls Bradshaw up. 1……….2……Bradshaw kicks out. Richards gets to his feet, and is immediately knocked down by Bradshaw with a big shoulder block.

Steven Richards is holding his back, yelling in pain, as Bradshaw kicks him hard in the spine. Bradshaw covers again. 1………2…….Steven Richards gets the shoulders up. Richards tries to crawl away, and Bradshaw picks Richards up. JBL delivers a devastating Fall Away Slam! He covers again. 1………..2……… Steven Richards kicks out again. Bradshaw is getting frustrated, and he goes for a big elbow drop. Richards moves out of the way, and it’s nobody home. Bradshaw gets up, and gets planted by a Stevie T! Steven Richards covers. This could be it. 1………2………Bradshaw kicks out just before the 3 count.

Steven Richards is starting to pick up momentum. He climbs to the top rope. JBL staggers to his feet, and Richards hits a Double Axe Handle from the top rope! Richards covers again. 1……….2……JBL again kicks out. Richards plays to the crowd, and is calling for the Stevie Kick. He pats his knees, and Bradshaw turns around. Bradshaw ducks the Stevie Kick and runs into the ropes. Steven Richards turns around, and gets the CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL! Bradshaw covers. 1………2…….3. That’s it.

Winner: Bradshaw

Bradshaw is all smiles, as we go to a commercial break.

(67/72/62 * ¾ )

---COMMERCIALS---

Apprentice. Part II.

We see Bradshaw making his way to the locker room. He turns into a hallway, where he sees none other than Johnny Nitro.

Nitro: Mr. Layfield. That was an AMAZING match. Absolutely amazing.

Bradshaw: Why, thank you, son. Say, I know you. You’re that kid, Bischoff’s apprentice. Johnny um…..Johnny err..

Nitro: Johnny Nitro.

Johnny Nitro steps up and offers his hand for a handshake. Bradshaw takes it.

Bradshaw: That’s right, what are you doing here in the Northeast?

Nitro: Well, I was traded by the Southwest, and let me just say, I could not be happier to be here, talking to you.

Bradshaw: Is that so?

Bradshaw is clearly pleased, as the fans show their disapproval of the deliberate ass-kissing.

Nitro: I’ve always wanted to learn from the best, whether it was Eric Bischoff or anyone else. In this company, Mr. Layfield, you are exactly what I want to become. I mean, look at you, you’re rich, successful, and a hell of a wrestler.

Bradshaw: I like your attitude, kid. You’re not afraid to let people know your opinions.

Bradshaw chuckles.

Bradshaw: Say, I’ve got an idea. Why don’t you come be my apprentice? You say you want to learn from the best, well, if Donald Trump or Bischoff can do it, then so can John ‘Layfield’ Bradshaw.

Nitro: You mean it?

Bradshaw: Of course I do. Now, first thing you have to get rid of is this horrendous get-up. Here’s um…500 dollars.

Bradshaw pulls out a wad of cash.

Bradshaw: Go buy yourself a nice suit.

Nitro: Thank you, Mr. Layfield.

Johnny Nitro runs off as Bradshaw is left saying to himself, “I like that kid.”

(70)

Johnny Nitro gained 2 points of overness from this segment.

Evolution Reunion

We see Batista warming up in the locker room. The crowd is pretty much dead until Hunter Hearst-Helmsley enters the scene. Batista looks up, and the two are all smiles.

Triple H: I’ve been looking for you everywhere, man.

Batista: I just got in. How are you doing?

Triple H: I’m ok. You heard about Foley’s announcement?

Batista: Oh yeah. I’m excited. This could be my big break.

Triple H: Hell yeah, it’s going to be your big break. You see, even though Randy’s gone, and Ric is in Florida with all the other old people, the heart of Evolution is still together. Me and You.

Batista thinks about this for a minute, and the fans boo. Finally, Batista is all smiles as he shakes Triple H’s hand.

Triple H: You see, I knew from the beginning that YOU were going to be the big star. Not Randy Orton. YOU. So, how about it? Me and you? All the way tonight?

Batista: Sounds good, man. Listen, I have a match coming up later.

Triple H: Alright. See ya later.

Batista walks out, and Triple H is grinning from ear to ear.

Tazz: Well it looks like Evolution has picked up right where it left off.

Cole: If Batista and HHH team up tonight in that Battle Royal, they might be damn near impossible to stop!

(82)

---COMMERICALS---

Harvard PhD in Thuganomics?

“El Capitan” hits, and the young genius Christopher Nowinski marches out. He is making his return tonight, and also has his return match against John Cena. He is wearing his patented red tights with the yellow H for Harvard. He walks down to the ring, and gets booed by the fans of New York City.

Nowinski: Thank you. After a long absence from the ring, it is SO GOOD to be back in the WWE!

Tazz: Welcome back, kid.

Cole: Chris Nowinski was thought to have suffered a career-ending injury, but has fought hard to be back here in WWE: Northeast.

Nowinski: And tonight, you shall see me once again defy all the obstacles and climb to the top of the pinnacle. You see, a year ago, the doctors thought that I would never wrestle again. But I knew that I could prove them wrong. After all, I did go to Harvard, and to get into Harvard, you have to be cut from a special kind of cloth. Now, since most of you might be too obtuse to realize it, I am now sporting these handy sport goggles to help deal with some of the dizziness. But don’t worry, after I feel better, these will be coming off.

Nowinski smirks again, and the crowd boos, also shouting “asshole.”

Nowinski: So, I trained hard, and look at me today, I’m just as mobile and intelligent as I was before. Perhaps even more. In fact, I’m going to pitch an idea here tonight, bear with me. I believe that I, Chris Nowinski, am the smartest person in the world. That’s right.

Cole: Is he kidding me? This kid is so pompus.

Tazz: He could be, Cole, he is very intelligent.

Nowinski: So, if you think that you can stump me with a question, or if you think you are smarter than me, please…….email me at StumpNowinski@WWE.com . That’s right.

Yo, You think You’re Untouchable

The crowd goes wild as the Doctor of Thuganomics, sporting a Walt Frazier jersey walks out to a thunderous ovation. John Cena stands on the stage, and gets a standing ovation from the fans. He has a look of disbelief on his face as he holds up the microphone.

Yo, yo, yo!

Look at me, ma! I’m in New York City!

Chillin with my homies, and kicking back with Spike Lee.

The Big Apple……home of the Rangers, Yanks, and Knicks

Time to throw yet another winner into the mix.

We’re talking the Doctor of Thuganomics, that’s phD.

You might have some thick glasses, kid, but still you can’t see me.

I didn’t need to go to Harvard, I learned my sh*t on the streets

While you were taking tests and studying, I was lacing up my cleats.

I kicked ass like no thug ever kicked ass before,

And now I’m coming to the ring, to kick ass some more.

Oh yeah, stop using all these big words that you learned at school.

It might make you sound smarter, but you still look like a fool.

You think you’re strong, but you’re weak with no physique

Nothing but a little geek, who’s about to start his losing streak

And after I’m done with you, I’m going to win that battle royal.

I’m more valuable to this country than Iraq’s oil.

How about this, Chris, I’ve got an idea I want to pitch.

After I wipe the floor with you tonight, how about you be my b****

Cena holds the microphone up to the air, and the fans cheer. Nowinski looks outraged, and Cena gets to the ring. Cena is all smiles, as Nowinski takes in a deep breath and appears to be calming down.

Nowinski: You know, John. That was actually pretty good. I mean, it must take a lot of brains to come up with rhymes. Blue-Clue-Shoe-um……Dog doo. I can do it too.

Nowinski looks pretty proud of himself as he walks around the ring.

Nowinski: But you know what, just the mentioning of you and phD in the same sentence is a raucous sound for my ears. Besides, there isn’t even a course called thuganomics, at least not at Harvard.

Nowinski smirks again, and his face suddenly lights up.

Nowinski: You know, John, I just got a great idea. You see, not only will I beat you in the ring tonight, I can also beat you intellectually and verbally.

Cena: Whoa, homie. Are you challenging John Cena to a battle rap?

The fans approve of the idea, and chant “battle rap.” Nowinski, however, has a disapproving face.

Nowinski: Rapping? Please. That’s such trash. I’m talking about a great practice in wordplay. I’m talking about the invention of Francisco Petrarch, and popularized by William Shakespeare, I’m talking about a sonnet.

Nowinski says the last phrase with a snooty face, as he tilts his head up and starts pacing back and forth. After a couple of seconds, he strikes a dramatic pose.

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?

You’re both full of hot air, and that’s no lie.

Your vulgar words are a torrid display.

These fans may love you, but no one knows why

Methinks you’re all mouth and not enough brain

Dressed in jerseys and expensive throwbacks

Those dumbass clothes must be to ease the strain

Compensating for the brains that you lack.

As for your rhymes, so they’re no Dr. Seuss.

But they’re clever, as anyone will see,

If you’re so smart, where’s your stupid excuse

For not obtaining a Harvard degree?

That empty space in your brain is a cache.

A waste of god-given talent, just white trash.

Nowinski finishes, and the crowd is in awkward silence. Nowinski looks around, expecting cheers, but there isn’t a single cheer. John Cena is struggling to stifle his laughter.

Tazz: Wow, that was…errm….good. Very nice job by Christopher Nowinski.

Cole: That was horrible.

Tazz: Cole, you just don’t appreciate great art. He followed Iambic Pentameter and everything.

Nowinski’s face is so red at this point that it matches his crimson tights. John Cena starts clapping mockingly to add insult to injury. Nowinski, though, blindsides Cena with his microphone. A referee quickly runs down to the ring, and this match is underway!

Cole: Nowinski couldn’t out”rap” Cena, so he cheap shots him.

(91)

Christopher Nowinski vs. John Cena

Christopher Nowinski tries to get the early advantage. He stomps at Cena in the middle of the ring. John Cena, however, fights back. Nowinski whips Cena into the ropes, and Cena ducks an attempted clothesline. John Cena comes right back with a big forearm to the face, knocking Chris Nowinski down. Nowinski backs up to a corner, and John Cena advances. Cena runs at Nowinski, and hits him with a big turnbuckle clothesline. Christopher Nowinski staggers forward, and Cena hits him with a big right hand, knocking Nowinski down. John Cena covers. 1………2……Nowinski just kicks out.

Nowinski slowly gets to his feet, and John Cena charges at him. Nowinski ducks, and Cena goes flying over the ropes, hitting the ground hard. Nowinski follows Cena outside, and smashes his head into the ring steps. Cena’s noggin bounces off the ring steps, and Nowinski rolls Cena back into the ring. Christopher Nowinski catches Cena with a headlock, and drags the match down. The crowd starts getting behind John Cena, and Cena shows signs of life. He battles back with a big elbow to the ribs of Chris Nowinski. Nowinski is forced to release the hold, and Cena takes advantage by hitting the Throwback!

Both men are down in the middle of the ring, and the referee begins the 10 count. Both men stir to their feet around the 6 mark. Nowinski goes for a right hand, but it’s blocked by Cena. Nowinski goes for another one, and again Cena blocks it, and returns the favor. Nowinski hits Cena with a knee to the gut. Nowinski runs back and charges at Cena, and runs right into the MAIN EVENT SPINEBUSTER! Cena covers. 1………..2……..Nowinski kicks out! Nowinski pokes Cena in the eye, and goes for the Harvard Buster. Cena counters, however, and lifts Nowinski up in the air. Cena’s going for the F-U, but Nowinski counters and lands on his feet. Cena hits Nowinski with a huge DDT.

John Cena calls for the Five Knuckle Shuffle! He backs up, and hits the big elbow drop. Cena is stalking Nowinski. Nowinski turns around, and gets planted by Cena. F-U! Cena covers. 1………2…….3. Cena wins.

Winner: John Cena

(75/80/70 ** ½ )

---COMMERCIALS---

Batista vs. Billy Kidman

Billy Kidman’s music hits and the young superstar runs down to the ring. Then the inauspicious music of Batista hits, and the 350 pound monster steps out. He steps over the ropes, and Billy Kidman goes and hits him with a dropkick to start the match. Batista shakes it off, and enters the ring. Kidman goes for a right hand, and Batista blocks it. Batista pushes Kidman into the ground, and sends him halfway across the ring. Billy Kidman gets right back to his feet, and runs at Batista again. Batista easily tosses Kidman over his shoulders. Batista covers. 1……….2…….Kidman kicks out.

Batista backs Billy Kidman to a corner, and hits him with a huge clothesline. Kidman looks to be out of it as he staggers forward. Batista charges at him with a huge shoulder tackle, and Kidman moves out of the way! Batista hits the steel pole, and Kidman takes the opportunity to re-organize himself. Batista stands up, holding his shoulders, and Kidman hits a big dropkick to his right side! Batista goes down. Kidman stomps away at the injured right shoulder of Batista. Billy Kidman goes up to the top rope. Batista just makes it to his feet, and Kidman flies through the air, hitting Batista with a big missile dropkick. Kidman covers. 1…….2……Batista kicks out.

Billy Kidman goes to the top rope again, but this time, Batista makes it to his feet. Batista goes to the top rope as well, and the two battle on the heights. Kidman hits a couple of big shots to Batista, but Batista uses Kidman’s head and bangs it against the top turnbuckle. Batista goes for a superplex off the 2nd rope, and Kidman counters just in time by hitting a right hand to the shoulder of Batista! Batista falls from the ropes, and Kidman stands up. The crowd is on its feet as Billy Kidman goes for the Shooting Star Press! Kidman launches himself, and misses! Billy Kidman went for everything and got nothing.

Batista moved out of the way, and Kidman is now on the ground hurt. Batista quickly takes advantage. He stands Kidman up, and nails him with his Sit-Out Powerbomb. Batista covers. 1……….2…….3. That’s it.

Winner: Batista

After the match, Batista looks at Kidman with an angry face, before walking off to the back.

(72/75/69 **)

---COMMERCIALS

20 Man Battle Royal

Cole: The 20 man battle royal is about to begin!

Tazz: I have waited all night long for this match. It’s going to be a great one.

Cole: Well, here are the rules of tonight’s battle royal.

Rules of the Battle Royal

2 men will start in the ring, with another wrestler entering immediately after one another until every participant is in the ring.

Someone is eliminated when BOTH feet touch the floor.

There are no disqualifications, and referees will be stationed outside the ring.

Cole: Well, with that said, here comes the first participant!

The Dudley Boyz music hits, and Spike Dudley makes his way down to the ring! He gives the fans high-fives as he runs down to the ring, full of energy. He poses on the turnbuckle, and eagerly awaits the next person.

Entrant #1: Spike Dudley

We hear a train whistle, and A-Train walks out. A-Train gets booed as well as the usual “Shave your back” chants. He stands at the foot of the ramp for a second, before he starts to get into the ring.

Entrant #2: A-Train

Spike Dudley, though, is determined to get the upper hand. A-Train starts to climb up, and Spike kicks A-Train right in the shin. Train powers through it though. Spike hits A-Train with a right hand, but A-Train shakes it off. With one powerful shove, A-Train sends Spike Dudley halfway across the ring. A-Train backs Spike Dudley in a corner, while choking him with one foot. The next participants, however, comes out next.

Entrant #3: Johnny ‘The Bull” Stamboli

Entrant #4: Nunzio

The two members of the Full Blooded Italians run out together. Johnny the Bull pulls A-Train off Spike Dudley. Nunzio takes A-Train down with a dropkick to the knees, while Stamboli hits a big boot to the face of A-Train. The two continue to beat down A-Train. Spike Dudley goes to the top rope! Spike Dudley jumps right on the ribs of A-Train, and A-Train cries out in pain. Spike turns around, however, and gets destroyed by a huge clothesline from Johnny Stamboli.

Entrant #5: Billy Kidman

Billy Kidman joins the fray at #5. He runs out and hits Nunzio with a big dropkick. Johnny the Bull goes for a clothesline, and Kidman ducks. Kidman hits a dropkick to Stamboli as well, almost sending Johnny over the ropes. Nunzio runs at Kidman, and Kidman tosses him over the shoulder, out of the ring!

Elimination #1: Nunzio by Billy Kidman

Kidman turns around, celebrating his elimination, and gets planted by the Deraileur by A-Train. A-Train hits a big chop to Billy Kidman. Meanwhile, Johnny the Bull is working on Spike Dudley. Johnny goes for a knee to the gut, and Spike quickly moves out of the way. Spike Dudley takes Stamboli, and scales up the turnbuckles, looking for the Dudley Dog. Johnny the Bull pushes Spike off the top rope, and to the outside. Spike was just eliminated! Meanwhile, Sean O’Haire is the next entrant.

Elimination #2: Spike Dudley by Johnny Stamboli

Entrant #6: Sean O’Haire

O’Haire runs in and clocks Kidman with a clothesline. A-Train gets a right hand as well. Sean O’Haire is cleaning house. He picks Stamboli up, and tosses Stamboli out of the ring as well! He turns his attention to the A-Train. A-Train and Sean O’Haire exchange right hands, and O’Haire whips A-Train into the ropes. A-Train comes off the ropes, and right into a big powerslam by O’Haire. “El Capitan” hits again, and the young man from Harvard runs down to the ring once more.

Elimination #3: Johnny Stamboli by Sean O’Haire

Entrant #7: Chris Nowinski

Nowinski wisely enters the ring circumspectly and surveys the damage. He stays in one corner, and watches A-Train and O’Haire battle. O’Haire drops A-Train with a right hand, and turns his attention to Nowinski. Nowinski tells O’Haire to leave him alone, and of course, O’Haire goes after the Harvard graduate. A-Train double teams with O’Haire on Chris Nowinski. They whip Nowinski into the ropes, and hits him with a double flapjack. Nowinski cries out in pain. Kidman, though, goes to the top rope. Billy Kidman hits both Sean O’Haire and A-Train with a missile dropkick! It’s chaos in the ring, when…..

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM

Entrant #8: Kane

Kane walks down to the ring as the arena goes black. The crowd is on their feet, while the wrestlers in the ring are feeling absolutely mortified. They all take their turns at Kane. Kane hits Kidman with a right hand. A-Train gets a big chop. Sean O’Haire steps into a side walk slam. Nowinski turns around, and Kane plants him with the CHOKESLAM! Kane has totally cleaned house, and it looks like he’s going to win the match at this pace. Kane picks A-Train up, and easily tosses A-Train out of the match. He does the same thing with Billy Kidman. He goes to throw O’Haire out when Batista runs down to the ring.

Elimination #4: A-Train by Kane

Elimination #5: Billy Kidman by Kane

Entrant #9: Batista

Batista and Kane engage in a staredown. Kane cracks his evil smile, and Batista attacks. The two giants exchange punches, and Batista gets the upper hand. Batista whips Kane into the ropes, and knocks Kane down with a big shoulder block! Batista picks Kane up, and goes to throw him out. Kane lands on his feet behind Batista, however, and hits a back drop! Batista hits the mat hard. Kane is back in control, and this time, he’s stalking Batista. Batista turns around, and Kane clutches his throat. Kane picks Batista up……..CHOKESLAM! Kane just chokeslammed Batista. O’Haire tries to use this opportunity to eliminate Kane. Meanwhile, a single firework hits the stage, as the Dudleyz music hits again.

Entrant #10: Bubba Ray Dudley

Entrant #11: D-Von Dudley

The Dudley Boyz both enter at the same time, and they both double team on Kane. Sean O’Haire joins, and it’s a 3 on 1 attack on Kane. Sean O’Haire somehow picks Kane up, and hits the Prophecy on Kane! Kane is slowed down for a second. Meanwhile, D-Von Dudley sees Chris Nowinski in the corner. He points to Bubba Ray, and they advance upon Nowinski. O’Haire stops them, however, and nails D-Von right in the face. He tries to do the same to Bubba, and Bubba hits Sean O’Haire with a big scoop slam. Bubba turns around, and gets run over by Batista.

Yo…..you think you’re Untouchable

Entrant #12: John Cena

John Cena enters the battle royal, and is the current fan favorite. Cena turns Batista around, and hits him with right hands. Sean O’Haire runs at Cena, and Cena ducks, sending O’Haire over the top rope! Cena sees the fallen D-Von in the center of the ring. Cena goes for the Five-Knuckle shuffle, but it’s interrupted by Kane! Kane picks up Cena, and goes for the TOMBSTONE! Luckily, Steven Richards runs in, and hits Kane, causing him to fall.

Elimination #6: Sean O’Haire by John Cena

Entrant #13: Steven Richards

Kane, Batista, John Cena, The Dudley Boyz, Steven Richards, and Nowinski still remain. Nowinski, picking his spot, has emerged once again. Nowinski is battling with John Cena in one part of the ring. Meanwhile, Kane is back up, and again wreaking havoc. Kane is battling both the Dudley Boyz. Steven Richards tries to help on Kane, but Batista picks him up, and hits him with a Powerbomb right out of the ring! That looked brutal.

Elimination #7: Steven Richards by Batista

Batista turns around, and gets hit by the 3-D! The Dudley Boyz nail the 3-D on Batist. John ‘Layfield’ Bradshaw is the next man in. Bradshaw runs in, and immediately addresses the Dudley Boyz. Bradshaw tries to form a coalition with the Dudleyz against Kane. Bradshaw directs the traffic, and joins with Chris Nowinski and the Dudley in a 4 on 1 attack on Kane.

Entrant #14: John ‘Layfield’ Bradshaw

The other three hold Kane, while Bradshaw charges. Bradshaw nails Kane with the Clothesline from Hell. Bradshaw congratulates the Dudley Boyz, and promptly throws D-Von out of the ring! Bubba Ray looks infuriated, and charges at Bradshaw. It’s no use, however, as Nowinski hits Bubba with the Harvard Buster. Bubba gets eliminated by the combined forces of Nowinski and JBL.

Elimination #8: D-Von Dudley by JBL

Elimination #9: Bubba Ray Dudley by Christopher Nowinski and JBL

Nowinski and Bradshaw set their sights on John Cena. Cena tries to battle back against both men, but is soon overwhelmed. He gets help from an unexpected source as Kane pulls Bradshaw off of him. Kane hits Bradshaw with the Chokeslam in retaliation for the Clothesline from Hell. Kane and Batista go back to work on each other. In the corner, Cena ducks a Nowinski right hand, and hits the F-U on Christopher Nowinski for the 2nd time tonight. This is the moment, however, for the final entrant of the battle royal.

IT’S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!

Entrant #15: Triple H

Triple H runs in, and immediately throws out Christopher Nowinski with a big right hand. This leaves the final five in the battle royal as John Cena, Triple H, Kane, John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield, and Batista. Batista and Triple H purposely work together. They start on John Cena, as Kane and Bradshaw exchange right hands. Bradshaw goes for the clothesline from hell once again, but Kane ducks this time, and sends Bradshaw out of the ring and out of the battle royal.

Elimination #10: Chris Nowinski by Triple H

Elimination #11: John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield by Kane

Once again, Kane pulls Batista off of Cena, and knocks him down with a right hand. Triple H also goes for Kane, and kicks him in the stomach. Triple H goes for a Pedigree, but John Cena blindsides him across the back of the head. Cena picks Triple H up in the air, and slams him down with the F-U! The crowd is on their feet, as Cena signals that it’s time to get Triple H out of there. Batista, however, runs in. Kane quickly cuts him off. Meanwhile, HHH hits a low blow on John Cena to stay out of trouble. Kane and Batista are striking away by the rope. Smelling victory, HHH desperately pushes Batista into Kane. Kane is eliminated as Batista knocks Kane over the top rope. Batista, however, is also teetering, only hanging on by one hand.

Elimination #12: Kane by Batista via Triple H push

HHH, without hesitating, for one second, steps on Batista’s fingers, causing Batista to drop to the floor. Batista is eliminated, and HHH joins John Cena as the two survivors of the 15-man battle royal!

Elimination #13: Batista by HHH

Winners: John Cena and HHH

(75/80/70)

Triple H quickly leaves the ring, as Batista is furious outside the ring. The referee raises John Cena’s hand in victory in the ring.

Cole: Can you believe what HHH did? He said that they had an alliance! He betrayed his partner, Batista.

Tazz: Well, a partnership can only take you so far in a battle royal. In the end, it was not Batista, but rather John Cena, that will join HHH at Total Annihilation.

Cole: What a great way to kick off WWE:Northeast!

Tazz: We’ll see you back here next week for more Northeast action.

Cole: Good night, everyone!

Tazz: See ya!

Overall Rating: 78

SHORT RESULTS

JOHN 'BRADSHAW' LAYFIELD d. STEVEN RICHARDS

JOHN CENA d. CHRISTOPHER NOWINSKI

BATISTA d. BILLY KIDMAN

JOHN CENA AND HHH WON THE BATTLE ROYAL

Edited by thuganomic

Those dumbass clothes must be to ease the strain

Did the ultra-snobby Harvard graduate just say 'dumbass'? :P

Apart from the really, really, really hard-to-visualise Chris Nowinski promo's, and the fact that McMahon and Tazz both broke kayfabe and turned "cheap pop" into a catchphrase (<_<) that was pretty good (Y)

Nunzio could've done more in the battle royal though. His only involvement was getting eliminated by Kidman :/ Nunzio is normally comedy gold :(

Just wanted to comment on how much I love the concept. It's like the NWA: Domination scenario, only it came before it. With Chally involved, all should be well.

... Oh, that Small Blue fella, and TheReilDeal, and thuganomic. Whoever I forgot. They're good too.

Just wanted to comment on how much I love the concept. It's like the NWA: Domination scenario, only it came before it. With Chally involved, all should be well.

... Oh, that Small Blue fella, and TheReilDeal, and thuganomic. Whoever I forgot. They're good too.

Oh yeah...I heard that other guy is good too.... :wub:

Loved the show thug - I especially liked the Johnny Nitro/JBL segment. Great idea! As for the cheap pop catch phrase thing...The King says cheap pop every time Mick Foley does it too and Foley himself has said it on many occassions (and other wrestlers too when refering to Foley) so I wouldn't consider it breaking kayfabe.

Hopefully I can match your show...*anxiously waits for when he can do his show*

Guest CTOx

<center>user posted image

WWE: International

Roster

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Edge

Christian

Rikishi

Val Venis

Test

Tajiri

Akio

Sakoda

Rene Dupree

Rob Conway

Sylvan Grenier

Ultimo Dragon

Funaki

Women

Gail Kim

Trish Stratus

Announcers

Mark Lloyd

William Regal

Owner

Shane McMahon

Size: Regional

Public Image: 10

Money: $8,000,000

</center>

Guest CTOx

An hour north of Toronto, Highway 400 - a sprawling six-lane thoroughfare – curves around the tip of Lake Simcoe’s Kempenfelt Bay; one twist of many as it winds its way through Central Ontario and then Westbound to Sudbury. But here, at this bend in the road, lies Barrie. And just down the road from its pristine waterfront, from its fancy malls and Tim Horton’s Coffees, in a section of town where no one would dream of planning a neighborhood (for all neighborhoods in Barrie are well-planned, well-maintained, and well-protected), here is where Vince has sent his only son.

Tuesday night is a school night in suburbs, even thriving, populous ones. And let’s face it: Pro Wrestling is no Hockey. So it comes as no surprise to see the Barrie Molson Centre nearly empty, intimate as it was to begin with. The trappings are different – the blue and gold a vivid departure from all things “E” – and the name is brand new, but to the overstuffed patrons who cut short their dinner at Casey’s to catch the first bell there is an overwhelming sense of Déjà vu. The circle is still squared, the Tron is still a Titan, and while they may be speaking French at the Spanish announce table, the cold hard truth is: not much had changed.

Or so it seemed…

Chapter 1: Un-American Splendor

user posted image

”The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Folks, you are witnessing that step right now.”

Godsmack is playing. I Stand Alone. A Jays jersey dangles over faded blue jeans and tennis shoes, supported by the man. The Man.

Shane.

Twenty-five hundred, and two, fans are on their feet. Whistles and applause crash into one another – violently – as they fight their way to the center of the ring. To The Man.

And The Belt.

There can be no doubt, it is THE belt slung carelessly over Shane’s shoulder. It slips slightly as he raises his hands and twirls about, seeming to grasp for the cheers as they rain down upon him. Its silver sheen and cool blue strap make it unlike any belt these fans have seen. They cheer for the belt, too. They cheer for Shane, they cheer for the belt; they cheer for The Step, made right before their eyes.

They don’t have to wait long for step two, as Shane is armed with his weapon of choice. “Thank you, Canada,” he begins flawlessly, seemingly unaffected by his time away from the spotlight. “You have no idea what a pleasure it is to be here.” His words are belied, however by a surprising stiffness in his smile. “This is truly a remarkable week in the world of professional wrestling. This night is one of many. But I am determined to make it the best!” He shifts tentatively from foot to foot as he speaks, another chink in his armor of enthusiasm.

“A great company is founded on a great champion, and that is exactly where I plan to start. There is one man on this roster that deserves this belt above all others. A man who was screwed out of a title he had earned, a title he had defended successfully many times.

“There is a man,” he continues, “who has earned this belt,” he pauses to slip the strap from his shoulder and dangle it before him, as a trinket to entice the crowd, “a man who, but for the cruel fortune of being born Canadian, would be holding the World Heavyweight Title at this very moment.” The crowd responds, logically, with murmurs of questioning and explanation, condemnation and expectation. “Everybody give a big round of applause to an admirable champion and a fellow Canadian, Chris “The Crippler” Benoit!”

The furry-faced fighter, dressed to wrestle, makes his way to the ring with a gap-toothed smile and a squint of distrust. Shane extends a hand, which is received warmly by the former RAW Champion. He then passes off the title belt as well, sterling silver adorned with many tiny flags, before continuing his inaugural address.

“Chris,” he begins again, pausing only slightly to reinforce the change of addressee, “I consider myself a fair guy. As the GM here, I want that fairness to be obvious to all. It is with that in mind, that I’ve decided to offer you some amends. Last week, you were stripped of the World Championship. Tonight, if you’ll accept it, I’d like you to continue that reign…as the first-ever WWE International Champion!”

Without hesitation, Benoit responds, “Absolutely.” Then another round of handshakes, under the cheers of the raucous crowd. But as the newest Champion turns to leave, Shane brings up

“One minor detail. While you may wear that title with pride, you’ve earned it, I expect you to be a fighting champion, Chris. No one gets a free ride.

“Not even me. Five companies, Chris!” Shane’s voice quivers in the unexpected outburst. “Five companies, and he sends his son to some arctic outpost to oversee the leftovers. That’s what you are to him, Chris. All of you. Leftovers.” His emotions resonate through the hushed arena. “The United States gets four promotions, while 95% of the world falls under my umbrella. We might as well call the company WWE: Everyone Else. That’s all we are…outcasts.

Everyone else covers a lot of ground, Chris. Including your opponent tonight. I hand-picked him, just for you. You see, he’s an outcast, too. He was unwanted, even here in Canada. He doesn’t have any hometown fans like you, Chris. He wasn’t welcomed at Stampede. No, he had to leave this country altogether to pursue his dream. But he’s back now.

Shane cracks an inappropriate smile at the uneasy grimace Benoit wears. “Relax, Champ, I’m sure you’ll do fine. Unfortunately, I can’t let you know who he is just yet. I mean, you have the advantage of being the Champion, the least I can give him is the element of surprise.

After all, it’s only fair.”

Benoit, having heard enough, turns and storms up the ramp, leaving only the GM, and the brash strains of his new theme, in his wake.

(Commercials)

”If you’re just joining us folks, you’re watching the debut of WWE: International on CBC, and we already have one headline match on the plate. I’m Mark Lloyd, and I’ll be your guide to all of the International action here in Barrie. In tonight’s main event, newly-anointed champion Chris Benoit will defend his belt against a mystery opponent, a man GM Shane referred to as an ‘outcast’. Who could it be? Only time will tell. Up next, however, is tag-team goodness as the Tajiri’s associates, Kyo Dai will see action against Ultimo Dragon & Funaki. It should be awesome!”

Dragon & Funaki are the first team to the ring, still looking as rag-tag as ever despite their lengthy partnership. Funaki wears long blue tights with vertical white stripes; he’s looking a bit portly, bulging slightly where the elastic band presses against his waist. Ultimo Dragon, never one to shy away from fanfare, proudly displays the colors of Mexico through his elaborate outfit.

Kyo Dai could not be more of a contrast. They are reserved, almost to the point of mystery, and wear only simple black pants and matching boots. Escorted by “The Japanese Buzzsaw” Tajiri, the Japanese triumvirate make an imposing impression in complete silence.

”An interesting tidbit, viewers: the origins of Akio & Sakoda, collectively known as Kyo Dai, are still somewhat of a mystery. They simply appeared one day, almost stalking Tajiri, and then, without rhyme or reason, were introduced as his ‘acquaintances’ from Japan. Without another word of explanation, they made their in-ring debut, and have remained close with Tajiri throughout it all. Perhaps only Vince McMahon, himself, knows the exact relationship between the three of them. According to rumors, he hired them personally. A little suspicious, don’t ya think?”

On the heels of the bell, Akio & Funaki meet at the center of the ring. They fight over a wristlock, with Akio taking control after a sequence of flips and somersaults. Akio displays his technical skill, transitioning the wristlock into a hammerlock. A hundred people head to the restrooms. Kyo Dai practice their teamwork, trapping Funaki in the corner and assailing him with open palm strikes and surprisingly sloppy kicks. But Funaki finds his opening, countering an Irish whip by floating over Sakoda. And he scrambles to tag his partner. Ultimo Dragon overwhelms the larger man with a flurry of martial arts kicks. A hiptoss floors Sakoda, and the second leads to an armbar. Akio reaches for the flailing arm of his anguished partner, but to no avail. Switching tacks, Sakota grabs the mask of Dragon and rolls him into a small package. They break at two, but it gives Akio an opportunity at the masked man.

Dragon eats a kick to the head, followed by a jumping roundhouse. The two men run the ropes, jumping and falling, ducking and rolling, until Akio catches Ultimo telegraphing a back drop, and drives him to the mat with a swinging DDT. Another cover gets another two count, but Akio keeps the pressure on. He tosses Dragon into the turnbuckle and uses his chest as a launching pad for a backflip (with the help of Tajiri who held his legs from the outside). A standing roundhouse is ducked by Ultimo, however, who scrambles to his corner, allowing Funaki to re-join the fray.

As the crowd returns, armed with nachos ad new beers, Funaki is holding his own against the speedy Akio. Once again, Sakoda is tagged in, providing a muscular alternative. He lambastes Funaki with some sick sounding chops, followed by a clothesline. Another two count. The roaring elbow nearly finishes things, but Funaki kicked out just in time. Tossed against the ropes, Funaki, desperate, slides under Sakoda’s legs and spins around to make the hot tag. But it is Tajiri to the rescue! He grabs the eagerly reaching dragon by the ankles and yanks him out of reach. Dragon falls to the floor, driving his head into the ring apron on the way down. His head ricochets backwards from the impact, and, as his momentum turns him towards Tajiri, he is greeted with a mask-full of green mist! Seeing the chaos, the referee rushes to the corner to ascertain the situation, leaving the remaining two members of the foreign threesome unfettered in their actions. Sakoda tosses Funaki into the ropes while Akio leaps into the ring. Double STO! Akio then rushes to the referee and brings his focus back to the match at hand, where Sakoda was now covering the limp Funaki. Three seconds later, Tajiri joined his friends in the ring to celebrate their victory, oblivious to the almost inaudible boos from the small number of fans who care.

The screen switches, and we are introduced to the backstage area where Christian is gushing over the good fortune of ending up with his sweetheart, Trish.

“It’s not just good fortune,” he corrects himself. “It’s fate. This is why we Canucks need to stick together. Vince McMahon can split the WWE into a million pieces, but you and I will always be together, ‘cause we’re the same, me and you.”

Trish beams at her beau. “That’s sweet, dear,” she responds. “I’m glad we can be together too, but right now you need to stop thinking about us and focus on your match. I’m not just your girlfriend, I’m your manager, too, remember?” He chuckles at her concern. “I’m serious, Christian!” she responds indignatly, before cracking that signature smile once again. She pushes him toward the curtain with a little giggle. “Just get going!”

Trish is just about to follow, when a deep voice catches her attention. “Trish? Trish Stratus?” She spins around to find a muscular black man exiting from the locker room. He’s shirtless and muscular, yet lean and athletic in appearance. He wears his hair short, thick dreads, framing his beautiful face. His high cheekbones point angularly toward his ears as he smiles ecstatically.

“Carlos?!” she blurts, with excitement. Suddenly, her tone changes. She looks back over her shoulder, but Christian has walked on, oblivious. “Oh my god, Carlos, what are you doing here?” Her question demands a response, but his reply is cut off as she pulls him into a dark corner.

“Whoa, calm down, babe,” he replies casually. “I had a tryout match earlier tonight. I’m getting into wrestling! What’s with the paranoia, love?”

Her eyes grow wide with that last comment, and she glances toward the camera. “Not here,” he says quickly, before rushing him off into an empty room.

(Commercials)

Returning from the break, Val Venis is already waiting in the ring. Christian makes his entrance, alone and unnerved.

”Apparently Trish is still nowhere to be found. Christian delayed his entrance twice during the break. You have to wonder how attentive he can be to this match with his mind on his girlfriend and manager.”

The bell rings and the two men fight over a lockup. Val overpowers Christian, drives him into the corner and pounds away. He pauses for a minute to entice the crowd with his swiveling hips, drawing a surprising amount of cheers from the male audience, then attacks again with a back elbow and a backdrop suplex. Venis charges Christian, who is just reaching his feet, but gets tossed over the top rope and takes a solid bump on the floor. Christian climbs down and whips Val into the railing before rolling him back into the ring. Christian goes for the Irish whip, reversed, sunset flip! Two count!

Christian stomps Val down and does some choking, but is forced by the referee to break the hold. A precariously low knee to the gut gets another two count. Christian goes to a neck vice, which Venis fights out of, but Christian takes him down with a DDT! Still only two! More choking follows. After his second warning from the referee, Christian segues to the chinlock and, while the referee is checking Val’s arm, Christian goes to the eyes. Val fights to his feet. Christian tries a leg lariat, but Venis forearms him down and makes the comeback.

Dropkick gets two. Rollup gets two. Northern Lights suplex gets yet another two for Val. Christian bridges out into a backslide attempt. Venis rolls out, Christian goes for the Unprettier, but Val elbows out and shoves Christian into the corner where he flattens the referee. As Christian stumbles backwards, Val attempts a back suplex only to have Christin flip out and level Val with a reverse DDT. Aware of the lack of referee, Christian tears apart a turnbuckle and returns with a tag rope. He chokes Val violently while the crowd showers him in boos. Val tries to fight back, but fades quickly. He’s out. The ref, however is beginning to stir. Working quickly, Christian disposes of the incriminating evidence, but is caught by surprise when a fan charges from the stands and takes him down with a Superkick!

That’s no fan, folks! That’s Lance Storm!”

The crowd erupts when Storm’s likeness appears on the big screen. He drags the oblivious Venis on top of Christian before slipping out of the ring. The referee, brought around fully by the audience’s cheers, sees the pin attempt and makes an easy three count.

***½

Afterwards, Storm, in a snug black tee-shirt and a pair of faded denim jeans, pulls Val from the scene and drags him up the walkway triumphantly while Christian remains ringside, registering his discontent with the referee.

A stray cameraman follows the victors through the curtain and into the back. Val is finally cognizant of his surroundings but is still trying to piece together the last five minutes.

“Lance? What’s going on?” Val’s deep voice is compounded by his grogginess. “I thought you retired, pal.”

“I did. I am. I just…” Storm stops himself short. “Don’t ask stupid questions. I was in the right place at the right time to save your rear.” He cracks a weak smile, and Val, sensing the affection, counters with a raspy guffaw.

At this point Christian passes by in a frenzy, stopping only long enough to place a stiff finger squarely in Val Venis’ chest. “You got lucky today, punk. Don’t make a habit out of it.” He casts a quick disapproving glance at Lance before storming off down the corridor, cameraman in tow. He thrusts his head in several doorways, audibly calling for Trish. As he approaches Shane’s office, he is bowled aside by the GM who appears to be racing off to meet his mystery superstar.

The cameraman picks up Shane’s trail as he jogs toward the parking garage, with William Regal close on his heels.

“You see, sir,” the Englishman argues in between puffs of breath, “it’s not that I don’t want the job, it’s just that I’m not an announcer. It is not my milieu. I like to think of myself more as a leader – an authority figure. Perhaps you have something available in that department.”

Shane suddenly stops before a large aluminum door. “I have just the thing,” he says coolly. Regal smiles in anticipation. You want to be an authority? Tonight you can be the special guest referee for my main event! How’s that?”

While Shane seems awfully pleased with himself, Regal’s face contorts in disgust. “A referee? What kind of man do you take me for? Any base commoner can do that. Why not just pull one of these filthy Canucks off the street? No, no, no, that is wholly unacceptable.”

“Look,” Shane replies, “I’m doing the best that I know how. I need a man in that ring who understands the special circumstances of this title match. You scratch my back this week, and I’ll see what I can do for you next week, okay?”

Regal doesn’t get to reply however, as two honks from a car horn incite Shane to action. He flips the handle and rolls the large bay door skyward. A long black limo pulls into the garage, and the GM quivers, breath baited.

“He’s here.” Shane smiles.

(Commercials)

Chris Benoit makes his entrance first, despite being the man with the silver symbol of superlative status strewn sloppily over his sinewy shoulder. (He’s holding the belt). Only halfway down the ramp, the champ is thrown off balance by a sudden change in music. Flames lick the stage as deep bass notes permeate the empty arena. The lights dim, and a solitary blacklight illuminates the stage. A haunting face of pure evil seems to float from nowhere into the purple. His muscular body is only vaguely visible, the few inches not covered with tattoos that is. But as light once again illuminates the Molson Centre there can be no mistaking the man on the stage. Vampiro has joined the WWE.

Regal, looking preposterously unpleasant in his referee shirt (clearly cotton/poly blends doen’t agree with him), searches Benoit thoroughly before ringing the bell.

Vampiro overpowers Benoit to start and chokeslams him effortlessly. Vampiro drags him to his feet only to send him down again with a short-arm clothesline. Vampiro flings his foe into the corner and lays in with chops, but Benoit chops back and takes him down with a crossface. They are too close to the ropes though and Regal is quick to force a break. Vampiro springs to his feet and drops a knee on Benoit for two. Vampiro clotheslines the recovering Chris but this time gets caught by Benoit and powerslammed. Chops by Benoit, and a clothesline of his own gets the worlds slowest one count. The fans scream in disgust.

Vampiro blatantly chokes Benoit out in the corner, and then spears him into the other corner. Another powerslam turns the tides for the champion. Benoit hits him with a snap suplex but receives no count. Apparently Regal was distracted.

”This is one of the most despicable acts of refereeing that I have ever seen! What reason could William Regal have for wanting Chris Benoit to lose this match?

Vampiro whips toward the ropes, but Benoit reverses it and meets him with chops. He tries another whip, but ends up monkey-flipped. Backbreaker gets a quick two, and the crowd is hating every minute of it. Vampiro simply steps on Benoit’s throat with his heel, taunting the livid crowd while crushing his opponent’s windpipe. This time, however, Regal steps in. He says something to Vampiro, but only gets shoved for his outburst of conscience. Vampiro slides out of the ring and snatches the empty chair from beside Mark Lloyd. As he heads toward the ring, Benoit dives through the second rope and floors Vampiro, pummeling him with right hands. The crowd roars.

But Vampiro was able to fight him off, and tosses him head-first into the steel steps. He throws him back into the ring, then enters himself, dragging the chair behind him. As Benoit stumbles to his feet, the screen pans to the crowd who share a collective gasp as Vampiro presumably batters Benoit with the chair. Regal, in a close-up, pretends not to notice, despite wincing with every subsequent blow. Finally the camera returns to the ring. Vampiro stands victoriously over the fallen Champion, whose head is blurred by an amalgam of tan and red pixels. Vampiro leaves the ring and claims the Title belt from the announce table. Back in, he holds it high over head in glory, as he places not but a single booted foot on the chest of Chris Benoit. Regal turns and falls to his knees. He begins to count.

He stops. Unexpectedly. He rises once again and stands nose-to-nose with the painted vampire. Leaving the ring, he sounds the bell himself. As he walks back up the ramp, the voice of Mark Lloyd is heard over the loudspeakers.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner as a result of disqualification, and STILL International Champion: Chris Benioit!”

But Regal never makes it through the curtain. Shane’s music plays as he storms down the ramp. The crowd doesn’t know what to think. Shane and Regal stand toe-to-toe without a single word spoken. Shane simply points over Regal’s shoulder. He turns around. Vampiro, who was now only inches away, flips Regal up into a stalled suplex. Another quick camera switch leaves us with Regal laying motionless on the metal ramp at our GM’s feet.

Shane, face still knotted in disgust, kneels down over the unconscious Brit. In a savage stroke, he rips the referee shirt from the chest of the fallen man.

Shane, holding the tattered stripes in his clenched fist, is the last image we see.

(END)

<hr>

Overall Quality: 76

CBC Rating: 0.42

Live Attendance: 147

Guest Korgath

As unrealistic as it is... I truly marked out when Nowinski broke out that sonnet. That takes class, thuganomic. You've earned my respect.

And could it be? Could challandler really be back at the Battleground? w00t!

And while I marked out for Vampiro's "WWE" debut... I question why Ultimo Dragon is wearing Mexico's colours. I'm quite, QUITE sure he's Japanese through and through.

Guest CTOx

And could it be? Could challandler really be back at the Battleground? w00t!

And while I marked out for Vampiro's "WWE" debut... I question why Ultimo Dragon is wearing Mexico's colours. I'm quite, QUITE sure he's Japanese through and through.

Indeed it is I, and I thank you for your excitement (while apologizing for the rust, it'll come back to me eventually).

I don't normally reply to feedback; it is a tacky move, typically reserved for those who feel such tactics increase readership. However, your question is valid, and I don't want a misunderstanding to get inthe way of your enjoyment. While Dragon is from Japan, he is hardly "Japanese through and through". Most of his early career was in Mexico. In fact, that is where his moniker was fist given to him (by Antonio Pena, if I am not mistaken). In the mid-late 90s, he kept up a rigorous tour schedule there, and after being cut by WCW (in both senses of the word) Mexico was where he chose to establish his own Dojo, "to give something back". He is truly bi-national, and often referred to as tri-national (considering the great deal of time that he has spent in the US during his career). Although he hasn't worn it in the WWE that I know of, he has an exquisite Red, White, & Green suit that is truly one of my favorites on him. It is the one that he chose to wear this night, principally because he hasn't had occassion to wear it in quite some time. I hope that allays the dissonance, my friend.

And, indeed, Nowinski's sonnet was truly a work of art, on many, many levels.

Edited by CTOx

WWE: Southeast Presents....Heatwave

Preview

On Wednesday, August 3rd, 2004 - WWE: Southeast makes it debut on the Sunshine Network all across Florida and select regions in the South. Be sure to tune in to witness history in the making.

The owner of WWE: SE, Stephanie McMahon, will be on hand to give us an introduction and our first look at this new and exciting company. She will also have several announcements concerning the future of WWE: Southeast.

WWE: Southeast is the only place you can see The Rock, Bill Goldberg, Ric Flair, Big Show, Matt Hardy, and many of your other favorites from the South. So don't you dare miss the action!

It was what Stephanie McMahon had dreamed of...her own company. Unfortunately, when her father decided to make WWE into five different regional companies, it seemed like WWE: Southeast got the short end of the stick when it came to money. Sure she had some big name superstars, but the workrate wasn't there. The fact that she was on a small network like the Sunshine Network didn't help either. They didn't have the kind of money to support her. Therefore production values for the new TV show Heatwave would be very low in order to save money. She decided that she would make WWE: Southeast a true Regional fed. It would not have many soap opera-like angles like the WWE most knew. Instead most of the action would take place within the ring with few backstage angles due to the budget and would have pre-taped interviews with superstars instead. There would be no announcers at ringside and instead they would be dubbed over later.

And so the WWE: Southeast experiment began...

Heatwave

August 4, 2004

Taped From The American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL

Hosted by: Josh Matthews & Gene Okerland

Heatwave's debut episode was kicked off by a nice opening video which focused heavily on such big name WWE: Southeast stars such as Goldberg, The Rock, Big Show, Ric Flair, Matt Hardy and of course Stephanie McMahon. Bob Holly, Billy Gunn, Sable, and others made appearances in the opening video as well. The opening came to a close as the Sunshine Network welcomed us to our premier edition of WWE: Southeast HEATWAVE! The voice-overed voices of Josh Matthews and Gene Okerland also where there to greet us warmly.

Josh Matthews: This is episode ONE of WWE: Southeast's Heatwave! We promise to bring you the most exciting action not just this week, but everyweek!

Gene Okerland: That's right Josh! You can feel the anticipation in the atmosphere here!

Josh Matthews: Tonight we kick things off on the right foot because Stephanie McMahon, the owner of WWE: SE. She has several announcements concerning tonight and the future.

"All Grown Up" hit the PA System and the fans inside the arena gave Stephanie McMahon a very loud reaction since she was the first star they have seen so far. She gave the fans a wave as she walked down to the ring and climbed in. She was handed the microphone and she was ready to kick things off for WWE: SE.

Stephanie McMahon: Who here came for ACTION?!

The crowd popped accordingly.

Stephanie McMahon: Who here came for...EXCITEMENT?!

Once again, the crowd reacted positively.

Stephanie McMahon: And who here is ready for a HEATWAVE?!

The crowd cheered once again much to the approval of Stephanie.

Stephanie McMahon: Then you are ALL in the right place. The WWE: Southeast is here each and every week and I give my personal gaurantee that we will never let you fans down! WWE: SE will be all about bringing the most hard hitting action every time out. This is the ONLY place where you can see such names as THE ROCK...

Loud pop.

Stephanie McMahon: ....GOLDBERG!

Another loud pop.

Stephanie McMahon: And "The Nature Boy" RIC FLAIR!

Flair's name brought the loudest reaction from the crowd.

Stephanie McMahon: With such big names and plus many other great talents within the ranks of WWE: Southeast, how in the world could I ever go about deciding who will be the first WWE: SE Champion? Since WWE: SE will be all about tough competition...it's only right and fair to decide the first Champion in a 16-man single elimination tournament! And it will include all of our biggest and best names from The Rock, to Ric Flair, to Goldberg, to Big Show, to Matt Hardy! And the tournament will begin TONIGHT! In first round action tonight we will see GOLDBERG against JOHN HEIDENREICH and JAMIE NOBLE versus RODNEY MACK. Also tonight we will see RIC FLAIR taking on BRIAN CHRISTOPHER and MATT HARDY going one-on-one with BILLY GUNN!

The fans seemed to approve of these match announcements.

Stephanie McMahon: And the first round will continue into next week and the tournament will continue until August 28th when WWE: SE will present THE SOUTH RISES AGAIN and THERE we will crown the FIRST WWE: SOUTHEAST CHAMPION! So without further adue...I give to you...WWE: SOUTHEAST! Let the games begin.

Stephanie sent us to commercials with a perfect camera smile...

(90%)

:::Commercials:::

WWE: SE Title Tournament - Round 1

"The Redneck Messiah" Jamie Noble vs. Rodney Mack (w/Theodore Long)

Jamie Noble was indeed introduced as "The Redneck Messiah" on TV. The fans were a little unsure of who to cheer for at first, but they got the message during the match to see that Jamie Noble was playing the role of face. Jamie Noble sold his ass off for Rodney Mack to carry him to a decent match. Mack would eventually send Noble into the ropes and catch him with a huge powerslam. One, Two, kickout. Mack was a bit upset over the count and Theodore Long began yelling from ringside about the ref being racist. Mack laid the stomps to Noble before he could get up and then began to pull him up himself. He sent Noble into the ropes and then went for a backdrop, but Noble flipped over and rolled Mack through with a sunset flip! One, Two, Mack kicked out. Both men rolled back to their feet. Noble used his quickness to strike first - sending Mack to the mat with a dropkick to the face. Noble dropped down across Mack's chest with a legdrop and went for the pin. One, Two, kickout. Noble locked on a head scissors submission while Mack was down on the mat. Mack began trying to fight his way out of the hold. He did manage to escape by using his power to pull himself up and then broke it with a version of a powerbomb to Noble. Mack dropped to one knee and caught his breath before making a cover. One, Two, Thre...Noble just barely got his shoulder up.

Mack pulled Noble up and then sent him into the turnbuckles hard. Noble came stumbling out and Mack leveled him to the mat with a clothesline. Mack drove his knee down into Noble's throat and then made another pin attempt. One, Two, Noble got his foot on the bottom rope. Mack backed off as Noble slowly began to pull himself up. Mack moved back in to strike and gave Noble a kick to the midsection. He lifted Noble up and sent him to the mat with a big verticle suplex. Mack climbed onto Noble and began unleashing a flurry of right hands to Noble's head until the ref finally pulled Mack off of him. Mack went back on the attack by pulling Noble up and sending him into the ropes. Noble ducked a clothesline attempt from Mack and then hit a back suplex to Mack that left both men down!

Noble finally rolled over and made a cover. One, Two, Thr...shoulder up by Mack. Both men slowly got up to their feet, and Noble once again struck first by jumping up and hitting a rana to Mack. Mack stumbled back to his feet and Noble gave him a kick to the midsection and set him up for the Tiger Driver, but as he did - Theodore Long immediately jumped up onto the apron to distract the ref and Noble. The ref went over to Long as Noble let Mack fall to the mat...as he did, Orlando Jordan came running down to the aisle and slid into the ring. He spun Noble around and hit him with The Black Ice! Noble stumbled backwards right into the Black Out from Mack! Jordan slid out of the ring as Long jumped down off the apron.

Winner - Rodney Mack

Overall - 69

Crowd: 61

Match: 77

Rodney Mack gained overness - Orland Jordan gained overness from gimmick change and heel turn

Orlando Jordan and Theodore Long both climbed into the ring and raised Rodney Mack's hand up in victory as Jamie Noble began to try and get back up to his feet. Orlando Jordan grabbed Noble from behind and held him as Mack began nailing Noble in the head repeatedly with hard right hands. Jordan then shoved Noble into Mack who lifted Noble up into a bearhug. Jordan climbed up to the middle turnbuckle...Mack held Noble in the bearhug as Jordan came off the top with a clothesline to Noble.

Josh Matthews: Orlando Jordan has apparantly aligned himself with Rodney Mack and Theodore Long!

Gene Okerland: What a shocking turn of events!

Long led Orlando Jordan and Rodney Mack out of the ring, leaving Jamie Noble lying on the mat.

Backstage, Goldberg was seen stretching and preparing for his upcoming match in the title tournament. As he was preparing, a loud knock came to his dressing room door and a familiar voice was heard on the other side.

"Hey Goldberg! You're next!

Goldberg stopped his stretching and looked over to the door. He walked over to the door, but didn't open it yet...

Goldberg: WHAT...did you....say?

Goldberg finished his question just as he was opening the door only to find The Big Show standing on the other side. Goldberg was a bit taken back by Big Show's prescense, and Show gave a smirk.

Big Show: I said, you're match is up next.

Goldberg stared right up into Big Show's eyes and there was a moment of tension between the two before Goldberg pushed himself past Big Show and started to head to the ring.

Big Show: Oh one more thing Bill....Good luck.

Big Show's sarcasm was very evident, but Goldberg ignored him and was heading to the ring...

(74%)

Goldberg lost overness

Back from commercials, Theodore Long was backstage with both Rodney Mack and Orlando Jordan.

Theodore Long: Lemme holla atcha playa! What you have witnessed tonight is just the beginnin' of how we plan to really stick it to the man here in the WWE: Southeast! We all that the South has been known for its opression and for its racism! The man's hand stretches further and wider in the South than anywhere in this country! The haterade is in great abundance here and we plan to put a stop to that! Its about time that some brothas were holding some gold...and thats why one of these two brothas will be the FIRST WWE: Southeast Champion!

Long gave Mack a pat on the back as he continued...

Theodore Long: Rodney Mack has already gone one step further...and in case you haven't noticed it is time to Back the Mack because he is the real deal! He's had his Playas card for some time now, and as long as you have your Playas card, only good things will come to ya. Which is why I was very pleased but not surprised when I received a ring from Orlando Jordan and he told me HE wanted his Playas card!

Long reached into the pocket of his sports jacket and pulled out a small card and handed it to Orlando. Jordan took it from Long with a smile...

Theodore Long: There ya go playa - you're well on your way to greatness now. What you are looking at now before you is the most dangerous combination in the WWE: SE...this is The Playas Club and we will be taken things over around here...now Belee Dat!

(72%)

Theodore Long gained overness

John Heidenreich vs. Goldberg

The fans were behind Goldberg....and that's about where their involvement in this match ended. Nobody cared about Heidenreich, and the way Goldberg took to him - they really had no reason to. Right after Goldberg got to the ring, The Big Show walked out and stood about halfway down the aisle from the ring and just decided to watch things. The bell rang and Goldberg and Heidenreich locked up. Heidenreich got his little bit offense for the match in early as he hit a knee lift to Goldberg and then sent him into the ropes. Heidenreich attempted a shoulderblock, but Goldberg no sold it. Heidenreich decided to run to the ropes and come back at Goldberg, but ran right into a stiff standing side kick from Goldberg. Goldberg grabbed Heidenreich and lifted him up...then slammed him right back to the mat with a pumphandle slam. Goldberg walked to the corner and got into position as Heidenreich began to stumble back up to his feet. Heidenreich turned around right into the SPEAR from Goldberg which caused a small pop from the uninterested crowd. Goldberg signified that it was over before pulling Heidenreich back to his feet, hooking him...annnnddd Jackhammer - One, Two, Three. Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Winner - Goldberg

Overall - 68

Crowd: 63

Match: 74

Goldberg's hand was raised in victory as Big Show watched on from the aisle. Goldberg finally saw Show and he immediately stared right at him...

Josh Matthews: What's with Show and Goldberg?

Gene Okerland: They have a whole lot of history with each other dating back to WCW days...this could be about anything!

As we came back from commercials, Sable was already in the ring wearing a very sexy black, shimmering evening gown. She had a microphone in hand and was getting a decent reaction from the male fans.

Josh Matthews: Welcome back fans and it looks like we're being welcomed back very nicely by the lovely Sable.

Sable: Is it just me...or is it...hot in here?

As she said this, Sable began to run her free hand down her chest and her stomach, causing the male fans to cheer once again.

Sable: Stephanie sent me out here tonight to be the ring announcer because, well let's face it, all the momen want me and all the girls want to be me! So how about we go ahead and get a little...no, very...Sable-licious!

Sable was cut off by the sound of "How Do Ya Like Me Now?" Bob Holly walked down to the ring in blue jeans and no top to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Holly climbed into the ring and approached Sable. Holly snatched the microphone right from Sable.

Gene Okerland: Well this certainly is unscheduled!

Bob Holly: Let me ask you sumthin woman, what the Hell are you doin' in this ring?!

Sable looked a little worried as Holly was yelling right into her face...he held the microphone for her to allow her to answer.

Sable: Be..be...be...because Stephanie...wanted me to...be the ring announcer...and...

Bob Holly: I don't give a damn what Stephanie McMahon told you to do! The fact of the matter is that you are a woman and you DO NOT belong in this ring! You're takin' away valuable time in which I should be whippin some ass!

Holly paused and then looked Sable up and down from head to toe a couple times and then gave a bit of a laugh.

Bob Holly: You do realize the real reason Stephanie McMahon sent you out here, don't ya. It's cuz you're a sexy piece of flesh and that's all these people care about! They wanna see some skin and you're giving them enough to suffice them for the night. You comin' out here is enough to send these stupid rednecks home happy knowing that they were THIS close to seeing an actual hot woman naked! And let's face it...that's all you women are good for anyone. Eye candy!

Sable reared back and went to slap Holly, but he caught her arm...

Bob Holly: Not smart!

Holly shoved Sable back into the corner while still holding her arm.

Bob Holly: And I'm not alone in my opinions. I have friends...friends that agree with me when I say that you don't belong out here. You need to just be backstage...pleasin' us with your..."services." But like I said...you bein' out here is takin' away from my ass whippin' time, and since you're the only one out here, I think YOU'LL have to do!

Sable began screaming as Holly kneed her in the ribs and then lifted her up onto his shoulder, apparantly going for the Alabama Slam. However, The Hurricane came sprinting down to the ring and slid in. He nailed Holly with a dropkick to the face which caused him to drop Sable.

Josh Matthews: WWE: Southeast's residential superhero is hero to make the save for the damsel in distress!

Gene Okerland: Now that's a true superhero!

Hurricane rolled Sable out of the ring to safety and then turned his attention back to Bob Holly - hitting him with the Shining Wizard as he tried to get up. Hurricane pulled Holly up and grabbed him by the head and was going to go for the Eye of the Hurricane, but Billy Gunn came from out of nowhere and clocked Hurricane from behind.

Gene Okerland: Billy Gunn! What's he doing?!

Josh Matthews: I guess that's who Holly meant when he said he had friends who agreed with him!

Billy Gunn stomped away on The Hurricane and then hit him with the Fame-Asser to loud boos from the audience. Gunn then helped Holly back to his feet and they shook hands and then raised each others arms up.

Josh Matthews: This alliance of Bob Holly and Billy Gunn is going to be one to reckon with here in WWE: SE!

Pre-Taped Interview

Gene Okerland was standing by backstage with the legendary Ric Flair who was dressed in his purple tights with his robe on over it. Flair had his hair slicked back and was looking in good shape, ready for some action.

Gene Okerland: I'm with the SIXTEEN time World Champion, Ric Flair. First of all Ric, you are a LEGEND in this sport and it is a PLEASURE to have you here in WWE: Southeast on Heatwave.

Ric Flair: MEAAAANNNN...WHOOOOOOOO.......GENE! WHOOOOO! The pleasure IS ALL MINE! WHOOOOO! WHOOOOO! WWE: SOUTHEAST IS FLAIR COUNTRY! But, what's with the modesty Gene, we go way back!

Gene Okerland: Haha, of course we do. But let me ask you this Ric, are you ready to go after a Seventeenth World Title?

Ric Flair: The Naitcha Boy is always ready, Gene! WHOOOO! You should be askin' Grand Masta SEXAY if he is READY for the Naitcha Boy! Because he may be young...and he may be athletic...but is he a limosine ridin', jet flyin, kiss stealin, wheelin' dealin, sonofagun?!

Gene Okerland: Oh no Ric, there's only one of those and that's you!

Ric Flair: You couldn't be more right Mean Gene! WHOOOOO! And tonight...

Suddenly, "Grand Master Sexay" Brain Christopher walked onto the screen...

Brian Christopher: Woah, woah, woah...hold up!

Gene Okerland: Brian Christopher...you're not suppose to be here, this is Ric Flair's interview time.

Ric Flair: Now wait just a minute Gene, let's see what the the Grand Master has to stay for himself.

Brian Christopher: First of all NAITCH...it's Brian Christopher, a name you won't soon forget. I'm all business now...no more dancing around and making a fool of myself. I'm here to make a name for myself and who better to do it against than the Sixteen time world champion? So am I ready for the Nature Boy...you're damn right I am. But I know that you can't possibly be ready for ME!

Christopher shoved Flair before turning and walking back off camera. Flair stared Christopher down until he was off camera, and then turned back to Okerland.

Ric Flair: Looks like I'm gonna have to teach that punk something about respecting your elders!

The screen switched back to "live" action in the ring.

(91%)

Ric Flair vs. Brian Christopher

Ric Flair wanted to teach Brian Christopher a lesson, but this match was a huge style clash and ended up being a mess that not even Ric Flair could save. Christopher blew several spots, including a baseball slide where he barely even connected with Flair. Flair spent the match working on Christopher's right leg in order to set up the eventual Figure Four that he hoped to apply to the young punk, Christopher. Flair would eventually get Christopher in the corner and began to hit him with several knife-edge chops, sending WHOOOS through the crowd. Flair backed away as Christopher came stumbling out of the corner holding his chest in pain. Flair gave him one last chop that knocked Christopher to the mat. He then grabbed Christopher's leg, stepped over and then locked on The Figure Four! Christopher immediately began screaming out in agonizing pain from the submission and was desperately trying to escape. After a lot of struggle, Christopher managed to roll over with the submission, but Flair continued to roll through. However, this put Christopher right in the ropes - making Flair release the hold.

Flair was up first and ducked a right hand from Christopher and then lifted him up for a back suplex. However, Christopher attempted to flip over, but messed up and didn't land on his feet right and dropped to his knees. He got back up, however, and rolled Flair up with a handful of tights. One, Two, kickout. Both men were back to their feet and Christopher barely connected with a thrust kick to Flair's chest to send him to the mat. Christopher held his leg in pain since it was the leg Flair had been working on. He limped over and made a pin attempt. One, Two, kickout. Flair began to get up and Christopher locked him from behind with a full nelson, looking to his a full nelson face drop, but Flair hit a trademark back kick to Christopher's groin to counter. The ref's view of the kick was blocked because he was standing infront of Flair. Flair took his time as he went over to the corner and started to climb to the top rope. Christopher was given enough time to get up in time to meet Flair as he finally got to the top turnbuckle and Christopher gave Flair the usual toss off the top turnbuckle to the mat.

Flair stumbled to his feet, holding his back and was met with a dropkick to the chest by Christopher. With Flair on his back on the mat, Christopher decided he would climb to the top turnbuckle now as he was going to go for his finisher, formerly known as the Hip Hop Drop. He came off the top with the flying legdrop and landed right on Flair's chest. But since he used his right leg, the leg Flair had been working on, Christopher could not capitalize and instead was forced to lay on the mat beside Flair, holding his leg in pain. The ref began a ten count with both men down. One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six...Christopher finally made it over to go for the pin attempt on Flair. One, Two, Thre....Flair got his shoulder up. Christopher got up and began arguing with the ref about a slow count, which gave Flair time to recover. Flair came up behind Christopher and sent him to the mat with a chopblock. Flair then signaled for another Figure Four and started to apply it, but Christopher countered with a small package! One, Two, Thre....Flair got out.

Both men were to their feet and Flair sent Christopher into the turnbuckles with an Irish Whip. Flair came running in looking to clothesline Christopher in the corner, but he moved and Flair hit the turnbuckle chest first. Christopher immediately rolled Flair up...putting his feet on the middle ropes while hooking a handfull of tights as well! One, Two, Three!

Winner - Brian Christopher

Overall - 71

Crowd: 78

Match: 56

Josh Matthews: Brian Christopher just stole this one and has caused Flair to already be knocked out of contention for the SE Title!

Brian Christopher immediately left the ring and ran up the aisle before Flair could get back up and try and get some kind of redemption on Christopher. Flair was visibly upset in the ring as we headed for commercials.

Backstage in her office, Stephanie McMahon was going over some papers when an official walked into her office with some news...

WWE: SE Official: Excuse me Ms. McMahon, there's something you should probably see.

Stephanie looked up from her paperwork to address him...

Stephanie McMahon: What is it?

Official: Well...it's Eric Bischoff's nephew, Eugene...he's...uhm...well maybe you should come take a look.

Stephanie McMahon: ...Right.

The official led the way from Stephanie's office as she followed close behind. They came up on Eugene sitting on a crate with his head buried into his hands, apparantly crying.

Stephanie McMahon: What's...what's wrong with him?

Official: He misses his Uncle Eric Bischoff.

Stephanie McMahon: God I can't stand him! Eric didn't want anything to do with his own nephew, so he dumped him off here with me like some kinda babysitter. Well you know what I'm gonna do...I'm gonna give Eugene the chance to show his Uncle Eric just what a star Eugene can become!

Stephanie walked over to Eugene and she got down on one knee so that she was level with him.

Stephanie McMahon: ...Eugene...?

Eugene looked up and saw Stephanie and he immediately tried to wipe away his tears.

Eugene: *sniff sniff*Eugene...sad...

Stephanie McMahon: Aw, what's the matter?

Eugene: Uncle...Eric...no love Eugene. *sniff*

Stephanie McMahon: Now, now Eugene, your uncle, he...he just doesn't understand you and your needs. But you know what I'm going to do for you Eugene?

Eugene: *sniff* W-W-What? *sniff*

Stephanie McMahon: I'm gonna put you in the WWE: Southeast Title Tournament! You're going to have the opportunity to win a title!

Eugene's face lit up with a smile and he got off the crate and immediately gave Stephanie a hug.

Eugene: YAY! STEPHANIE! STEPHANIE! EUGENE WORLD CHAMPION!

Eugene happily rocked back and forth holding Stephanie in the hug. He then released the hug and wandered off screen as Stephanie watched with a smile. She then looked down onto her shoulder to see a big wet spot from where Eugene's tears had been. (75%)

Eugene gained overness

Josh Matthews: How about that? Eugene has a spot in the title tournament! That should be....interesting!

Gene Okerland: There's more to this Eugene kid than beats the eye Josh.

IF YAAAAAAA SMEEELLLLLLLLLLLL What The Rock - IS COOKIN'!

The fans came alive and gave one of the loudest pops of the night to The Rock as he sauntered out looking a little different than usual. Gone was the T-Shirt sporting one of his many catchphrases...and was replaced by an Armani suit with sunglasses. Rock sauntered down the aisle and climbed into the ring.

The Rock: FINALLLLLY - THE ROCK HAS COME BACK....

Crowd: TO MIAMI!

The crowd finished the catchphrase, but The Rock, however, did not. Instead he paused and looked around the arena.

The Rock: What is The Rock saying? He's not glad to be back here! The Rock left this place for a reason!

The crowd's attitude toward The Rock changed as they went from giving him loud pops to boos.

The Rock: Oh you heard The Rock right, he just said that he was glad he left this place. The Rock was destined for greatness and he has achieved greatness - but he didn't achieve it here, in Miami. He didn't achieve it in the South! Oh no! The Rock achieved his greatness in HOLLYWOOD! And that's where The Rock belongs! Not in Hicksville, USA! Look at all of ya! Do you honestly think that The Rock belongs among you inbred, white trash, tobacco chewin', pickup truck drivin', dirty redneck sumbitches? Hell no The Rock doesn't belong here! Just breathing the same air as all of you makes The Rock sick to his stomach.

The crowd began to chant "Rocky Sucks" loudly, but he just ignored them.

The Rock: Hell, The Rock doesn't give a DAMN whether you boo him or not. He realizes how jealous you all are of him. You are all jealous of his fancy clothes and all The Rock's sexay ladies that he gets. You all know you could never ammount to what The Rock has accomplished. And The Rock plans to add another accomplishment to his long list when he wins the title because The Rock knows nobody, and THE ROCK MEANS NOBODY, in the back can go ONE-ON-ONE with The Great One! Because let's face it, everybody in the back is just like all of you...and none of you are half the man The Rock is!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The loud boos and chanting turned to cheers as Matt Hardy and Lita walked from the back down the aisle toward the ring.

Josh Matthews: Matt Hardy has his first round match up next, but it looks like he's coming out a little early!

Gene Okerland: Looks like he has taken offense to some of The Rock's negative comments towards the Southerners here in Miami, Florida.

Tonight's Matt Facts: Matt is proud to be a Southerner and Matt gave Walking Tall two thumbs down. Matt Hardy climbed into the ring as Lita stayed at ringside. Hardy walked right up to The Rock and had a microphone of his own.

The Rock: Who in the blue Hell do you think you are coming out here and interrupting The Rock?

Matt Hardy: I'm MATT HARDY, VERSION ON...

The Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO YOU ARE!

The crowd booed loudly as The Rock cut off Matt Hardy.

Matt Hardy: Actually Rock, it does matter who I am. Cuz I am Matt Hardy Version One-aahhhh and I've been born and raised in the South! And I'm here to tell you that if you plan on winnin' that title, you're gonna have to go through me! And I don't take too kindly to people making fun of the area I call home!

The Rock: Woah, woah, woah hold your horses there fella. The Rock thinks he remembers you now...OH YEAH, he sure does! You were in a movie of your own weren't ya...wasn't it called "Jabronie: The Motion Picture"?

The Rock began laughing at his own joke while Matt Hardy sarcastically laughed as well.

Matt Hardy: Joke all you want Rock, but V-One-ahhh was created in the South and if you want to see first hand what a true southerner is capable of, you just stick around at ringside because I'm about to show you how its REALLY done.

The Rock: YOU?! You're going to teach The Rock something? You know The Rock recently injured his ribs shooting a movie and his ribs are kinda sore, so don't make The Rock laugh!

Matt Hardy: Don't worry, you won't be laughing after you see what I'm capable of. Let's just say The Rock and his Hollywood career could be in for an unfortunate twist of fate!

The Rock: Well The Rock says this, he's gonna be at ringside watching you're every move...and he hopes you win just so he'll have his opportunity to whoop your candyass up and down the Atlantic Coast! IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLALALAALAAAAA WHAT THE ROCK.............IS...........COOKIN'!

The Rock and Matt Hardy shared a face-to-face staredown as we went out to commercials.

(91%)

Matt Hardy gained overness

Matt Hardy (w/Lita) vs. Billy Gunn

The Rock did indeed stay at ringside during the match. He sat in a steel chair at ringside and watched intently. The fans were solidly against Billy Gunn after the part he took in the beatdown of The Hurricane earlier in the night, and were solidly behind the fan favorite - Matt Hardy. Lots of "Hardy" chants during this one. It was a decent match that went back and forth. After a double clothesline, both men took their time getting up to their feet in the center of the ring. Hardy and Gunn began to exchange punches in the center of the ring. Gunn was packing the harder punches and therefore was able to get the upperhand in the exchange. This allowed Gunn to send Hardy into the ropes and then send him to the mat with a high knee to the ribs. Hardy stumbled back to his feet but walked right into a big backbreaker from Gunn. Gunn went for the pin. One, Two, kickout. Before Hardy could get up, Gunn applied a chinlock to Hardy and then drove his knee into Hardy's back while holding onto the submission. The ref checked in on Hardy to see if he was ready to give up or not, but Hardy refused to surrender. Lita began pounding the apron to get behind Hardy, which caused the crowd to start clapping to try and get Hardy back up. Hardy began to come back to life through the help of the fans and managed to get to his feet and then broke the hold with a pair of back elbows to Gunn.

Gunn took a swing at Hardy, but Hardy ducked and dropped Gunn with the Side Effect. Hardy was slow to make the cover. One, Two, Thre....Gunn kicked out. Gunn began to get up as Hardy was back to his feet. Hardy hooked Gunn and then planted him back to the canvas with a front suplex. Gunn rolled onto his back as Hardy climbed to the middle turnbuckle. Hardy yelled out ot the crowd before coming off the middle turnbuckle with a legdrop to Gunn. He went for the pin again. One, Two, kickout. Hardy was back up and laid the boots to Gunn before pulling him up by the hair. Gunn fired a pair of elbows into Hardy's ribs, but Hardy lifted his knee up to Gunn's head to keep him at bay. Hardy then bounced off the ropes and ran back at Gunn, but Gunn caught Hardy off the ropes and nailed him with a big powerslam! One, Two, Thre...shoulder up! Gunn climbed over Hardy and began slamming repeated right hands into Hardy's head. The ref pulled Gunn off of Hardy which upset Gunn. Hardy took advantage and rolled up Gunn. One, Two, kickout.

Gunn immediately got up and stomped on the side of Hardy's head. Gunn grabbed a handfull of Hardy's hair and lifted him up to his feet. Gunn gave Hardy a boot to the midsection and then lifted him high into the air and dropped him to the mat with a vertical suplex. Gunn waited as Hardy began to stumble to his feet and he was measuring him up. Gunn gave Hardy another boot to the midsection to double Hardy over. Gunn went for the Fame-Asser, but Hardy grabbed Gunn's legs and pulled Gunn down to the mat to avoid the move. He then catapulted Gunn backwards into the turnbuckles. Gunn stumbled back out of the corner right into Hardy who gave him a boot of his own to the midsection. Gunn was doubled over and Hardy planted him with a Twist of Fate! Hardy made the cover. One, Two, Three!

Winner - Matt Hardy

Overall - 77

Crowd: 81

Match: 71

The ref raised Hardy's hand up in victory, but as he was celebrating, The Rock slid into the ring with the chair that he was sitting in in hand. The Rock reared back with the chair as Hardy continued to have his back to him. Hardy finally turned around and The Rock planted him with a chairshot - sending loud boos through the crowd. The Rock kicked Hardy's arm to his side and lookd around to the crowd. The Rock slid his sports jacket off and threw it to ringside...before running to each side of the ring and then dropping the People's Elbow to Hardy's chest!

Josh Matthews: Matt Hardy got the big win to advance in the title tournament, but it is the arrogant Rock who gets the last laugh this week! We're out of time for this week fans, we'll see you next week as the title tournament continues on Heatwave!

The show came to a close as The Rock climbed one of the turnbuckles and lifted his head up and asborbed all the boos from the crowd.

End show.

Overall - 77%

Quick Results

Rodney Mack def. Jamie Noble

Goldberg def. John Heidenreich

Brian Christopher def. Ric Flair

Matt Hardy def. Billy Gunn

Sunshine Network Rating - 0.78

Edited by J-Dubb

Nice..

This is normally the bit where I say what was wrong with it <_< But I can't think of anything <_< (except Bob Holly calling Floridians "stupid Rednecks" when he's from Ala-fucking-bama :P). The interviews were spot on (especially Teddy Long), and Matthews and Okerlund make an..interesting commentary partnership :)

This is just an awesome concept guys, I really enjoy reading each show. Heatwave was a very interesting read. I liked the Rock/Hardy segment, as well as the teaming of Billy Gunn and Hardcore Holly.

I think Ric Flair should have went over in the title tournament though.

Flair > Christopher

Hopefully you use Flair in a main event capacity. (Y)

Great shows, Chally and J-Dubb.

Chally....Vampiro debuting was terrific. I thought that Storm would be the one to take on Benoit. But I have no doubt that somewhere down the line, we'll be treated to that dream matchup. No Y2J though....:(

J-Dubb....I love the Eugene segments. Looks like I did the right thing by assigning him to ya ;) The Rock was ok. Putting him in a feud with Matt Hardy might elevate Mattitude, but I don't think it'll do too much for him. The Rock just has too much charisma and Matt Hardy will definitely fall victim if they are involved in any more angles. The title tournament was good as well. Logical booking there.

The 411mania updates will be up maybe twice a week. Some of it will actually be indicators of future storylines to come. Some will be utter crap. You decide which is which ;)

Guest Korgath

I enjoyed J-Dubb's Heatwave. I think it has some of the more interesting leftovers from the "gimmick" era and there are many solid personalities there.

That being said, however, I see it as a challenge to keep the storyline interesting. When you have so many well-known characters to play around with, there is always a tendency to snap back to history for inspiration.

The Rock's mic talk, for example, sounded WAY too similar to his return speech against Austin before Wrestlemania XIX. I challenge you, J-Dubb, to push your creativity to the limit. Bring the characters to new borders and make them do things we would never see on TV.

I'm more than confident you are capable of such a task.

Ahhh, a good regional WWE diary featuring the best rapper I've read a diary of, Thug.

A few of the roster choices confused me (Rhyno and RVD away from Heyman?), but it may work out. And I loved the Eugene segment; Eugene for Southeast Champ!