WWE '12

Guest rasko

The video looked bloody nice, graphically and some of the editing features for universe mode look excellent. Still unsure about the seemingly random cut-scenes and run-ins, but if they have been toned-down, it'll be less of an issue than last year.

Probably gonna get the Play.com exclusive People's Edition, considering that the DVD/Blu-Ray you get with it is a proper release as opposed to the DVD of The Rock's return from this year which I already downloaded anyway. Oddly though, I hope that the cover of the game (as in the paper sleeve on the case) is Orton, and the Rock cover is a cardboard-sleeve that goes on the outside (like the PS3 version of Bioshock had), just because I oddly prefer the Orton cover.

Universe mode looks sweet this year. I'm hoping that the WWE Draft event is done in an even and fair manner.

The video made it sound like it really is a totally random pick that generates after the match - the screen of the roster cycling through is probably the game's way of running a code to pick somebody to move. In theory you're just as likely to see John Cena get drafted as you are Husky Harris. But since it's only a 4 match show, I'll probably do my own Supplemental Draft to move a couple extra people to freshen things up each year.

The cutscene of Brock randomly showing up is a bit of a red flag...hopefully legends making shocking returns isn't a common occurence.

Guest JukeboxHero

That's probably how I'll end up doing it as well if it's all random. I'd like to see it do the draft in a way that will keep both of the shows in balance, though. For example, I'd hate seeing Raw take two SmackDown main eventers and SmackDown get garbage in return.

Whilst it is going to be a nice, different feature it's clear that the Draft will still have to operate in the same way as last year really - you do it yourself and just use your imagination, it's just a little bit of that is taken care of for you this year. Whilst there's only four matches on the weekly shows then that's not going to change which to be fair is totally fine, I don't find and it's fun because it might draft somebody that you weren't planning on moving or doing much with. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Universe mode looks sweet this year. I'm hoping that the WWE Draft event is done in an even and fair manner.

The video made it sound like it really is a totally random pick that generates after the match - the screen of the roster cycling through is probably the game's way of running a code to pick somebody to move. In theory you're just as likely to see John Cena get drafted as you are Husky Harris. But since it's only a 4 match show, I'll probably do my own Supplemental Draft to move a couple extra people to freshen things up each year.

The cutscene of Brock randomly showing up is a bit of a red flag...hopefully legends making shocking returns isn't a common occurence.

Think about it: the reason Brock showed up was because he got unlocked. You buy Fan Axxess (if it ever gets released) and you've got the All Unlockables patch; thus, no "surprise returns" by legends.

I loved that Orton attacking Brock was an RKO and not some generic animation everyone will use.

Guest Yello Mit

Yeah, I think that most superstars will have their own unique run-in attack and such, which is great. Last year they had the generic run-in attack with a lead pipe (which was one hit to the back and one stomp), and the generic tag team run-in attack of a few punches and stomps.

Do we know yet which wrestlers will be locked from the start? Because if regular roster members are locked again I may get Fan Axxess just to be able to start my Universe mode and have everyone I'm going to use.

I imagine it'll be similar to last year with many of the legends locked and a few random midcarders locked as well. Somebody on another board pointed out that Goldust was the only person on the current roster not listed on the Universe screen - so it could just be that he was the only one yet to be unlocked when the vid was shot.

They also pointed out that on the Tag Team screen, Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel had Nexus armbands on. Cool to see them included as alts, I figured the same would be true for Barrett, Punk, and the New Nexus guys. It'll be a nice thing to have for storyline purposes.

The draft Raw only features two draft matches. So yeah either 2 to Raw or Smackdown, or 1 for each. As for unlockables all that has been said so far is Goldust and all the legends. I have no intentions of unlocking anybody though.

The draft Raw only features two draft matches. So yeah either 2 to Raw or Smackdown, or 1 for each. As for unlockables all that has been said so far is Goldust and all the legends. I have no intentions of unlocking anybody though.

Watching the video again it seems like it's actually 3 draft matches - with the first match on the card being strictly a Raw brand match, presumably to continue storylines that may be ongoing.

8 days left. Can't wait.