WWE '12

Guest rasko

None of that interests me in the slightest.They're bringing back the button bash submission? Who the hell wanted that most annoying mechanic in gaming back?! Also big bars return over the semi-visible halo. The one thing I liked about the game was it's right analogue control scheme and that's gone too. Hurrah for backward steps!

The logo looks like it was done by a cross-eyed 9 year old on paint too so bland

Edited by The Cool One

I gave 2011 a miss, so I won't mind paying £30 for this when it comes out, especially as it sounds decent. I love the fact moves can be interrupted. This will still end up being a game I have more fun on when playing with a mate, as the days of me playing through my WWE career against awful AI are over. But who knows, if the AI are somewhat realistic now, it could be fun. Not holding my breath on it.

Was massively excited for SDvsRAW 2011 and ended up getting bored of it like I always have with WWE games after a couple weeks. I doubt the game will be changed as drastically as that article makes it out to be, since it seems every year there is an article about how such and such has changed this part of the game and has made it so much better.

This is definitely something I will be waiting far past the release date to even consider picking up. Dont care for the name change, mainly because when I read it it is "WWE Twelve," which just sounds weird. And I agree, the logo in the video on that article isn't great.

Once I see the game in motion I'll make up my mind for this year - I do enjoy the wrestling games, and if they fix those god damn stiff animations it just might make me get back into them.

EDIT: Wait, it's really called WWE '12? Weird. Official cover.

tba-wwe-12-20110530093451509.jpg

Edited by apsham

I don't see how it's any different than "Madden 12."

The name change is about five games overdue, but yeah... I'll wait and see. Sounds like they're just dumbing everything down. Grapples based on damage sounds promising though, a bit Fire Pro-ish, but the game does it for you, instead of you picking what strength-level move you want to go for. Not sure if I'll dig that.

• Like 1

Breaking up finishers sounds rubbish, especially in multi man matches, think how long it takes to perform some finishers

I would hope that it would be a case of you have X amount of time to break the finisher or can only break the finisher before motion X of the moves animation.

When John Cena's suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move -- even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations.

This just sounds annoying.

I'm not feeling all that positive. Good for them for changing the branding and making an effort to fix the game, but I doubt they'll succeed, not on their first go at the new system anyway.

Very interested to see how different it actually ends up being. Loving the sound of a lot of the HCTP returns. And I for one welcome the button bashing submission stuff, because at least that kind of makes sense and it's possible to break out of submissions every now and then. I haven't been able to break out of one since they removed that feature, the latest ways they did it were terrible.

I can definitely see this 'Break up moves' mechanic fucking up multi-man matches, but those have always been broken to shit anyway. The only time's you've ever had to deal were those were in story modes though, so that doesn't bother me all that much.

Really hope they bring back Universe mode and fix it a little. Add more storylines, make it flow a little better and make it more possible to change the card. I hated that you couldn't build towards your own feuds, because if you changed any matches it changed like everything about it.

Also, random run ins need to disappear. Or be made a lot rarer and only for people that the game knowns you're definitely in a story with.

• Like 1

I actually like the idea of the DoR/Fire Pro mashup it sounds like they have going on. One thing I loved about the Day of Reckoning engine was it's really chaotic system for multi-man matches. Probably the only WWE game where I actually enjoyed one fall multi-way matches.

I hope they make running finishers easier to hit like in DoR, because the detection for those in the SvR system is annoying.

Plus if they use the DoR system and they include a running low dropkick I can finally have the Tonya Harding Special in a current-gen wrestling game.

^^^ Yeah, I don't see why being able to break up moves fucks up or ruins multi-man matches in anyway. It's kinda the whole point, really... And as OctoberRaven points out DoR's multi-man matches were chaotic and a hell of a lot of fun. The only draw-back there was that guys stayed down too long after being hit with a punch/kick to break up a move. If they don't have that problem with WWE 12 then this is great stuff; and might actually STOP a Smackdown game being predictable as fuck for once.

I don't see how it's any different than "Madden 12."

Madden isn't the name of the sports franchise. I'd find "NFL '12" just as awkward to say. I mean, is it the end of the world? No. It's just not something I'm fond of.

Well that, and you could literally win a match in eight seconds.