WWE '12

Guest rasko

Oh.. yeah, I saw that. I mean it was like a hype video, while there was gameplay I don't think it was really meant to be taken as "This is how the game is going to play out" and who knows when it was made. With E3 coming up, something should be coming up then that'd give a better idea than the few seconds we've seen through that.

• Like 1

Personally, my wishlist for this game is to have Cole/Tazz on commentary like they were on HCTP or the 3rd one (JBI?)

'TAZZ! is the best-wrestler-in THE WWF!!! Tazz is a jerk, I hate The Tazz'

Then 'I agree Tazz' from Michael Cole, glorious days.

My brother, who hasn't watched wrestling since about 2002, and his old flat-mate regularly quote JR on one of the Smackdown games, saying "Size...strength...agility...Garrison Cade really is the total package".

Personally, my wishlist for this game is to have Cole/Tazz on commentary like they were on HCTP or the 3rd one (JBI?)

'TAZZ! is the best-wrestler-in THE WWF!!! Tazz is a jerk, I hate The Tazz'

Then 'I agree Tazz' from Michael Cole, glorious days.

That was WWF Smackdown Just Bring It, the first PS2 WWE/F game. HCTP had no commentary

Edited by Kirkland

Maybe there will be more awkward "commentating your own match" moments this year, since its seems like as sensible a year as any to put Lawler in as a legend. I'd love it if Booker T and Diesel got in as well.

I was working on a roster prediction - but since they had over 70 playable characters on the disk last year in addition to guys like The Hurricane who were removed from being playable and Carlito/Khali who were referenced in RTWM and so they may have also been in and taken out late, I can't see them downgrading the roster size. As such, I think everybody who was in last years game and still on the roster as of WM this year will return for another year - even the never-seen Primos and David Hart Smiths, being in the previous game always gives you a better chance of returning.

In terms of "new guys" - Del Rio's confirmed. Barrett and Gabriel should make their non-DLC debuts along with Slater. Bryan and Riley also seem like safe bets. Since he debuted the night after Mania and was hyped heavily before it, I can definitely see Sin Cara making the cut as well, I hope so.

Chances are the only roster decisions they need to make is deciding between including the non-Punk Nexus members or investing the final few spots on more members of the Superstars brigade.

If Nexus did get in, I think they would throw Husky Harris in as well. He was punted off around the same time before Mania as the others, he just never got brought back.

Come to think, his model would be funny to look at since everybody gets 6 pack abs in SD games.

They could easily do 6 pack flabs though

• Like 1

Saw some gameplay earlier and from the looks of it, it's worse than '11. The movement looks much more blocky and stiff, the bars look worse, and the camera angles are less dynamic than last years. It just looks like a 3D version of the arcade side-view. Granted it changed positions once, but for the most part it just seemed bland. These new additions don't entice me to buy the game and neither did the gameplay so if the final version is pretty much what I saw, I passing this year.

The basic walking still looks awful, but I think the overall animations look better. And the camera angles are more like what you see on WWE TV. The way you play doesn't seem too different though, that's my biggest concern. And yeah, the bars need to change before release. It looks somewhat promising though, even if I'm still on the fence:

At first I thought it was a downgrade from last year, but after watching more of the video I actually quite like it, the camera angle anyways. I dont find it to be as "taking all the past crap out and replacing it with glorious modern tech" like they were advertising, since it still seems like a WWE THQ game, but the camera angle is great and it does seem a bit better than last year, in certain aspects anyways. Not a must buy, nor will I consider buying it or a WWE game until the online stuff can get done properly (since I thought it was horrible with 2011 trying to find a match and play a match that wasnt laggy) and the WWE Universe mode (if they keep it) gets a major overhaul.

They do need to return to the round bar around wrestlers feet from 2011 rather than having the bars at the bottom of the screen again.

At first I thought it was a downgrade from last year, but after watching more of the video I actually quite like it, the camera angle anyways. I dont find it to be as "taking all the past crap out and replacing it with glorious modern tech" like they were advertising, since it still seems like a WWE THQ game, but the camera angle is great and it does seem a bit better than last year, in certain aspects anyways. Not a must buy, nor will I consider buying it or a WWE game until the online stuff can get done properly (since I thought it was horrible with 2011 trying to find a match and play a match that wasnt laggy) and the WWE Universe mode (if they keep it) gets a major overhaul.

They do need to return to the round bar around wrestlers feet from 2011 rather than having the bars at the bottom of the screen again.

Are you kidding me? I'd much rather have bars at the bottom of the screen than those hideous things below the wrestlers feet.

For some reason I thought 2011 was the one that had the rounded momentum bars :huh:

Compared to last years game I WILL take the bars in the '12 video, but I find the rounded bars from 2010 to be better since it doesnt really take up any space on screen. Not that the bar in '12, assuming it remains the same, is as bad as some of the earlier SD! games.

So I guess the only problem I could find with '12 is that it is another WWE game. They're fun for a while, but after beating the RTWM I find it hard to find any replay in the games without playing with friends in the same room. I was disappointed the times I tried doing online matches in 2011 and either couldnt find one or couldnt find one that didnt have major lag.

Edited by Vitamin E

I don't think I even played Road to WrestleMania last year. I played like two years of WWE Universe mode which is in need of a massive overhaul. It was a hell of a good start, but they need to play it down with the interferences and random gimmick matches. I'd rather they give us nothing but an updated roster and a much better version of Universe than anything else. Knowing my luck they'll just remove it entirely or not do anything at all.