WWE '12

Guest rasko

Attacking your opponent before the match starts also needs to be scaled way back. I remember in one of the very first cards I played I booked a Luke Gallows/JTG match and controlled Gallows with the idea of giving him a push. He attacked JTG from behind early and won with one move. I marked out huge and immediately proclaimed my love of Universe Mode...

...then I found that early interference happens before damn near every match. :angry:

Hasn't the load times always been absolutely awful in WWE games? Smackdown 2 was abysmal for it.

Nothing worse than having to seeing X-Pac's ugly mug on a loading screen for up to like 4 minutes.

Just to be told the ever-important news that Scotty Too Hotty had arrived, before going back to more loading screens.

• Like 8

Hasn't the load times always been absolutely awful in WWE games? Smackdown 2 was abysmal for it.

Nothing worse than having to seeing X-Pac's ugly mug on a loading screen for up to like 4 minutes.

Just to be told the ever-important news that Scotty Too Hotty had arrived, before going back to more loading screens.

Or the even more important Michael Cole backstage interview with Essa Rios.

• Like 5

Which years said 'caution' and 'attention' repeatedly throughout the constant loading screens? Thats the worst I remember.

Its such a consistent issue and a blatant bit of shit programming (why does it need to load 14 times if I want to do anything at all, viewing rosters etc) you'd think someone higher up would want to address it. I know, lol THQ or similar, but its just shoddy.

Which years said 'caution' and 'attention' repeatedly throughout the constant loading screens? Thats the worst I remember.

Its such a consistent issue and a blatant bit of shit programming (why does it need to load 14 times if I want to do anything at all, viewing rosters etc) you'd think someone higher up would want to address it. I know, lol THQ or similar, but its just shoddy.

Especially since now they can do open world games with interiors that have no load times, you'd think they'd be able to do something like saving atleast some of the menus in the systems memory so you don't need the constant loading screens..

You'd think so too... but THQ and EA's MMA games also have loading screens, though not nearly as bad as SVR's if you're using any created content at all.

• 1 month later...

Is it just me or do the character models look sit this year, their faces in particular? I wtched Del Rio's entrance, not only did they fuck that up royally but his face just looks wrong. The Rock looks shite too.

Also, I do miss the days where buying a game got you all of the game, not having to pre-order or forking out more for DLC that could've been on the disc or in some cases is already on the disc but needs to be unlocked.

• Like 2

Yeah, THQ are terrible at menus. Sure they look good, but navigating through is like steering a tank through a village. Just a huge lumbering beast. It was the same for UFC 2009.

Personally I'm shocked that the footage for a new SmackDown game not only hasn't looked particularly impressive, but also doesn't look very different at all! :shifty:

So long as this year there's a Daniel Bryan and a CM Punk that doesn't look retarded, I'll buy it still. Honestly at this point with WWE games, you're either going to get it anyway because, hey, why not? Or you're too jaded by how much they always manage to fuck things up whilst trying to improve on the system that even if you're a little impressed, you probably won't pick it up.

I'm just hoping they iron out the Universe mode a tiny bit, maybe tone down on the TRIPLE THREAT HELL IN A CELL ELIMINATION TABLES matches that seemed to happen every PPV and allow the player some actual freedom to both play and put on their own product. I'll honestly settle for an updated roster and the ability to make my own title matches and Money in the Bank matches at WrestleMania.

I agree, I can get a few months playing time out of this game if they give us a good, fairly up-to-date roster and improve the Universe mode adequately. The gameplay has gotten a bit stale again but it's not the only game to have that happen, I'm not sure how many different things they can try at this stage with it.

I'm assuming they still have the change a move, mid-move thing, like aiming a powerbomb's direction for lack of a better term? The last one I got was SDvR10 (after a good 3 year break and a jump from PS2 to PS3), and I declined to get SDvR11 partially due to money and because everyone said that the Universe mode couldn't been expanded on before release but wasn't, probably just so they can "improve it" and tout that the following year (and get more money).

I may get this though given these changes, and I do like they've dropped the SDvR name, I found it odd that they kept it for so long given that the brand wars have been gone since about 2006/7.