WWE '12

Guest rasko

Guest JukeboxHero

Breaking up moves could be so awesome if they do it right. I imagine having Orton going for the punt to the skull only to have Sheamus give him a Brogue Kick out of nowhere.

Edited by JukeboxHero
  • Like 1

It appears as though they've finally broken away from the last gen. I read somewhere that WWE '12 isn't going to be available on PS2. And to that I say...

Thank God.

2011 - the systems (XBox 360, PS3 and even Wii) are easier to get a hold of than they were when they first came out and for them to move away from PS2 is only gonna help.

Guest JukeboxHero

Breaking up moves could be so awesome if they do it right. I imagine having Orton going for the punt to the skull only to have Zack Ryder hit the Rough Ryder out of nowhere.

thumbsup.gif

Okay, yours is better. Well played.

I'm concerned about how the moves will work. If they work in a dynamic and realistic fashion, then that's awesome. Interrupting the 5 Knuckle Shuffle with a spear/Brogue kick/SCM would rule.

However, if it's like Raw/Raw 2 for the X-Box, where if you punch a move in progress, they both drop to the mat and then get back up, then it's going to be rubbish.

• Like 1

Multy-man matches will be better coz I'm sick of losing when someone gets pinned whilst I'm trying to hit the ballin' elbow

The only difference is that now when you're trying to hit that Ballin' Elbow, it'll be hit wherever the opponent lays. There's nothing about you being able to stop doing moves whilst you're doing them.

Multy-man matches will be better coz I'm sick of losing when someone gets pinned whilst I'm trying to hit the ballin' elbow

The only difference is that now when you're trying to hit that Ballin' Elbow, it'll be hit wherever the opponent lays. There's nothing about you being able to stop doing moves whilst you're doing them.

I know but there would be more of a chance of it being broken up and if the cpu is ment to be more "intelligent" they would notice someone standing up before making a pin right?

I know but there would be more of a chance of it being broken up and if the cpu is ment to be more "intelligent" they would notice someone standing up before making a pin right?

The ballin' elbow would take as much time as ever. Why would someone stop getting the pinfall just because you stood up?

The ballin' elbow would take as much time as ever. Why would someone stop getting the pinfall just because you stood up?

I've over complicated this. My bad. Basically I mean that it's better that moves can be broken up and used the ballin' elbow as an example.

I bought into the hype on these games for a few years. Ever since HCTP, the first SvR wasn't bad, all the games in the series have been slow and boring. I finally gave up on them after the 09 version, and until I see some gameplay videos on this new WWE '12, I'm just not going to believe the hype.

What the fuck is the Ballin' elbow? Is that MVP's move?

If so, who fucking cares? He won't be in 12. I don't think. shifty.gif

The Ballin' Elbow is an example for like, every move with an animation that sets up the move by moving the opponent. Lionsault, Five Knuckle Shuffle and so on.

But the Ballin' Elbow has a hideously-long animation. At least with the 5KS or the People's Elbow, it's there and done; the Ballin' Elbow's got a good five seconds of posturing alone. The animation takes almost 15 seconds.

Then again, you really should make sure your opponents are down and out if you're using a move like that in a match with more than two people.

Edited by TenaciousG

Meh. The few gameplay vids I've seen make it look like the same game. The camera also looks really jittery. Hoping it's just a one-off deal via early build and that it'll look more polished once E3 rolls around. The graphics also look downgraded for the second year in a row, unless it was vids of the Wii version they were showing.

I'll continue to track the development. But after years of getting hyped up, buying the game day of release, and then abandoning it and getting buyer's remorse within 2 months - it will be a tough sell. I'll likely give it a rent before I buy it this year. Of course, I expect they'll announce some sort of amazing changes to WWE Universe that will convince me to buy the game, and the cycle will continue.

I've seen gameplay footage, it was on the DVD-VR boards. It was taken off YouTube by the user, though.

It really didn't look all that impressive. But it's still an early build of the game, so the basics are there, just need to be improved.

Yeah, it got removed from YouTube but it basically was just showcasing Orton. Showed a punt along with the ability to pound your fist/taunt in the lead-up to the RKO. Like I said, the camera and angles seemed shaky. Also the sound effects for big moves could get a little irritating as was the case in SVR11, hoping there's an option to turn it off.

Looking forward to seeing if the E3 vids look much different. Pics/vids have shown Orton, Cena, Miz, and Del Rio to be the first guys confirmed - so chances are they'll be playable at E3. Would love to see Del Rio's entrance and armbar.

• Like 1