nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

I was going to say that but I couldn't remember if it was you or not that he refused to go to. Still seemed like a dumb decision on his part though, yeah I get that he wanted to play for the biggest club of the three but when Fergie said no, he might as well have just gone to play for Donny rather than rotting away on the reserves team bench (does he even get on the reserves bench?) >_<

I was going to say that but I couldn't remember if it was you or not that he refused to go to. Still seemed like a dumb decision on his part though, yeah I get that he wanted to play for the biggest club of the three but when Fergie said no, he might as well have just gone to play for Donny rather than rotting away on the reserves team bench (does he even get on the reserves bench?) >_<

Agreed, it is stupid. Not that I mind, we got Carl Ikeme in and then David Button, who have both been more than capable and a massive step up from the calamity keepers Woods and Sullivan.

Touche.

I love Sully but the man should have either retired or dropped down a couple of levels 1-2 years ago. He is still an excellnt shot stopper but he is so slow now, he can't kick a ball nor can he command a penalty area. Which is a shame because he used to be one of the best, and even as recently as 2009-10 still had a lot of these attributes. I will never forget how commanding he was at Wembley, don't think I've ever celebrated a goalkeepers catch as much as I did towards the end of the final at Wembley.

I've spoken to a few Huddersfield fans and most of them are actually not too bothered by the sacking (though they were all "fuck off you're not having Clark" when Grayson got sacked <_< ), apparently he's dropped a ridiculous number of points from winning positions and didn't seem to know how to change a game if they were losing. Then again Huddersfield fans do tend to be the most fickle fans in the country.

Was it a better performance from the team? Gonna try and catch them on footie league show tonight and see if Warnock made a difference to the team or if it's just that "New boss, just like the old boss".

First half they were better, second half we were probably better. Apart from McCormack's offside goal and when Becchio had a chance from the 6 yard box, we didn't sound like scoring.

I really hate the callers they get in on Yorkshire Radio "We have to pay for our wages! We don't want to end up like we did 10 years ago". Yes we're the only club that pays wages and there is no middle ground between spending fuck all whilst selling your best players and spending £7m + £35k per week on Seth Johnson. Fair play to Bates, he can get people to believe his utter shite.

Was it a better performance from the team? Gonna try and catch them on footie league show tonight and see if Warnock made a difference to the team or if it's just that "New boss, just like the old boss".

First half they were better, second half we were probably better. Apart from McCormack's offside goal and when Becchio had a chance from the 6 yard box, we didn't sound like scoring.

I really hate the callers they get in on Yorkshire Radio "We have to pay for our wages! We don't want to end up like we did 10 years ago". Yes we're the only club that pays wages and there is no middle ground between spending fuck all whilst selling your best players and spending £7m + £35k per week on Seth Johnson. Fair play to Bates, he can get people to believe his utter shite.

Apparently it wasn't offside, it was disallowed for not crossing the line. My bad.

What a pathetic individual. I'm glad Chappers stood up to him and dealt with it how he did.

As for Bournemouth...I am very disappointed at what that club is turning into aftr respecting how they managed to do so well on such a shoestring budget for the last few years.