The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Steve Kean LOL. I doubt many thought he would get a result against chelsea. But he is terrible. The owners are either stupid or keeping him out of spite.

That said Newcastle fans wanted Pardrew out at the start of the season....so you know.....

Steve Kean LOL. I doubt many thought he would get a result against chelsea. But he is terrible. The owners are either stupid or keeping him out of spite.

That said Newcastle fans wanted Pardrew out at the start of the season....so you know.....

No, no we didn't.

• Like 1

No, no we didn't.

Yeah I don't think anyone wanted him out. Except for maybe that wacky fan from Brazil we had for a while here who wanted to get rid of Tiote and sign Wayne Bridge at right back. :lol:

Absolutely love the fact the North Stand is now the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand. You could tell watching it just how much it meant to him. The statue is apparently being built by the same guy who did the Busby and Charlton/Best/Law one which is awesome too. Expecting the entire club to be renamed when he reaches 50 years in charge :shifty: .

No, no we didn't.

Yes. Thats the general impression i got. In Pubs. On Forums. He was a puppet etc etc

Edited by jocky

There was general distrust of the situation due to the way Chris Hughton was sacked last December along with the press rumours of Pards being Ashleys gambling buddy, but there certainly was never any desire to get rid of him.

Last season we achieved 12th (unluckily in the end, conceding a lightning hat trick last 20 minutes of the season to drop out of the top half) after promotion, and Pardews tactical nous won the fans over with some good results even after the sale of Andy Carroll. I don't know who these people in pubs are, but they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer, and I'd be inclined to believe they don't go to St James Park very often.

Am I the only one beginning to tire of the 'Steve Kean out' brigade? I'll freely admit that he really struggled after taking over last season, and that hung over into the beginning of this one, but performances have improved a great deal in the last few games, and the players have said they're fully behind him. Chanting that you want the manager out when you're taking the game to Chelsea just seems a bit unfair to me, and flying the banner with the aeroplane seems like a petty attempt to humiliate the man... I mean, I understand the discontent, but are they still going to be chanting if they win the next two games with two terrible performances?

I agree. He's probably not the best manager in the world, but he's inherited a largely awful Allardyce side (Hoilett, Samba and maybe one or two others aside) and just been told to get on with it by a board that makes Mike Ashley look positively benevolent. Rumours of Beckham and Ronaldinho ended up looking a bit silly, did they bring anyone of quality in in the summer?

With that squad and a lack of investment it was always going to be a tough season, but putting all that aside what does the protest achieve? If Kean goes who in their right mind takes the job on? And what magic button can that person press to achieve anything better than just making 17th with that team?

Edited by Colly

I agree. He's probably not the best manager in the world, but he's inherited a largely awful Allardyce side (Hoilett, Samba and maybe one or two others aside) and just been told to get on with it by a board that makes Mike Ashley look positively benevolent. Rumours of Beckham and Ronaldinho ended up looking a bit silly, did they bring anyone of quality in in the summer?

With that squad and a lack of investment it was always going to be a tough season, but putting all that aside what does the protest achieve? If Kean goes who in their right mind takes the job on? And what magic button can that person press to achieve anything better than just making 17th with that team?

If Football Manager is anything to go by, then it'll be Alan!

Yeah Steve Kean inherited a squad that doesn't belong that much higher in the league than they are now. Then they lost key players during the transfer window (such as Phil Jones) and no-one of note comes in so it's really unsurprising. The players seem to be trying hard though and performances are definitely improving. He'll get it together. I doubt Blackburn would get anyone much better in at the moment.

If any of you actually watch him speak, or know the reasons he was hired in the first place, you will see why we hate him!

Basically he aims his press conferences directly at Venkys, making everything seem rosey, which has alienated the fans.

He also met the Venkys in India shortly before Sam was sacked, stabbing him in the back. So no trust at all.

He also provokes the fans at every opportunity.

There are a lot more things going on that might not be obvious to outside fans, but it isnt just a case of us picking on a new manager. 32 games, 6 wins...

He also met the Venkys in India shortly before Sam was sacked, stabbing him in the back. So no trust at all.

So what you're saying is when his employers request that he meet with them, he should refuse?

They didnt request it though. They dont request the monthly meetings either, he goes on his own accord. His agent is also Jerome Anderson, who is suspected as being the one actually running the club (his agency, Kentaro and Sem, are in deep transfer wise).

Oh and in a court of law, under oath, he accused his own fans of spiking his drink.

Then we have Phil Jones, who personally stated to some of us that he left because of Kean.

Yeah, we should all love the guy. 32 games, 6 wins.

So what you're saying is when his employers request that he meet with them, he should refuse?

And even if he did stab Sam in the back, can anyone say they would have done anything different? I mean, maybe I'm just a terrible, selfish person, but if I'm someone who clearly has an appetite to become a manager, and I get told in a meeting that I'm in line to become boss at a Premier League club? I'd take that opportunity every day of the week, backstabbing or not.

I've not tried to say that he should be manager of the season, because obviously the record isn't great, but why try to piss all over a clearly improving team? If the fans were treating me the way they are Kean, I'd be provoking them at every opportunity as well, even if it is a little unprofessional...