The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

That's because 'Britannia Stadium' actually sounds like a legit stadium name.

Sports Direct Arena is one step above 'Preparation H Arena'.

The primark bowl would actually be awesome. I'd laugh if whoever bought it just called it st James park and became heroes again. Stick a logo in the stadium like Ashley has and your away

I'm not convinced to be honest, as long as the sponsorship is visible all you'd miss out on is the little infobar pre-game on tv. The main reason we've lost out on sponsorship over the last few years is through references to Mike Ashley as a toxic brand (Adidas ceased our decade+ deal for that very reason), given that if that continues the fee will be a lot lower than the 8-10 million Llambias wants the goodwill from the city plus the prominent sponsoring might be worth it. o2 is the current rumour, lots of potential customers in the NE.

Best suggestion I've seen so far is the Steak Bake Stadium. If I could buy a Greggs chicken bake at half time it would be the greatest necessary evil of all time.

Oh, and Jeff Stelling has already said he's still saying St James Park. I love Jeff.

Edited by Colly

FA statement:

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has been charged with improper conduct by The FA, following media comments he made about the match official after his side's match at Queens Park Rangers on 23 October 2011.

Villas-Boas has until 4pm on 15 November 2011 to respond to the charge.

Inevitable.