NBC is going to show Olympics live starting in 2014

sahyder1

Link

They won the broadcasting rights up to the 2020 games. ESPN and Fox had said they would air everything live. It's about damn time this is happening though. I don't think it'll hurt their prime time ratings all that much as people who were at school, at work or sleeping will watch prime time anyways. NBC just has too many platforms not to take advantage of this.

I was trying to count earlier and I got NBC,MSNBC,CNBC,Bravo, USA, Syfy and Versus and I'm sure I'm still missing a few.

Don't they also have that Universal HD channel as well?

That they do but that isn't available everywhere. They also have a Universal Sports as well. I used to get them on Cablevision but don't get them on DirecTV. They air swimming, ski,figure skating and stuff on those over the course of the year.

Guest Neon Noodle

I don't know why, but I'm assuming NBC still mostly tape-delayed and primetime, while Versus under its new name takes a more active, 24-hour approach, CNBC and MSNBC and so forth get occasional events in their entirety.

I don't know why, but I'm assuming NBC still mostly tape-delayed and primetime, while Versus under its new name takes a more active, 24-hour approach, CNBC and MSNBC and so forth get occasional events in their entirety.

I'm sure NBC will have their big prime time jingoistic show be their major event but I could see them airing stuff during the day after the Today Show. A lot of this live stuff will be online only but it is still a major step forward from where we were.

So basically the major events will be aired live and then at nights on NBC we'll get them shown again in primetime? That surely seems like the best way to go about it for all parties involved.

Yeah, the way I'm reading it EVERYTHING will be live whether it is on one of the NBCU networks or on nbcsports.com and they will still do a big prime time show which their advertisers love.