The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

I got confirmation from Henny that we did indeed sign Dupuis. Right after, he retweeted James Mirtles tweet.

@_mBuck one year-e way deal at 650 per if he makes the team.

Leafs sign Philippe Dupuis on a one-year, two-way deal that pays $650,000 at the NHL level. Pencil him in as fourth-line centre.

Looking forward to him hopefully playing as well.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Where'd you see that we signed Dupuis?

Also, straight from @HennyTweets on Twitter

@Crocetti10 BB says talks still ongoing. Drew doughty negotiations may have a bearing on luke's deal.

Doughty to Toronto?

Burke said he wouldn't extend an offer sheet. He never said anything about working something out with the Kings.

If we're going to go after RFAs, we may as well go for Stamkos :shifty:

But yeah, Schenn should not get what Doughty will eventually get. Closer to Marc Staal money?

I was thinking around 3.8 (which is really only 175,00 cheaper than Staal, who has a 3,975,000 cap hit average. I don't think Schenn has earned the rep staal has, but I think the cap hit will be similiar.

Burke doesn't need to worry about the defence ... The back end of the team is solid as hell with Reims in net and Monster backing him up, and the top 6 right now would be Dion, Schenn, JML, Franson, Komisarek and Gunnarson plus they have Aulie right there too. Giving something up or throwing a ton of money at Doughty isn't something they need.

Connolly will definitely help Kessel out up front, and anything we can get from Lombardi is a steal, but they still need another top 6 center. At the very least though, with the addition of Connolly, Bozak will be able to drop back and be a solid second/third line guy and will probably end up producing more from that position then he would playing top line minutes at the moment.

Still don't think Burke is done though, and if Kadri can FINALLY produce what he was projected to do then that will be another solid forward that will be able to produce without the pressure of being on the top line.

Either way, Go Leafs Go! We've finally gotten rid of the John Ferguson Jr. errors, mistakes and down-right idiotic moves.

if Kadri can FINALLY produce what he was projected to do

This here pretty much symbolizes why people laugh at Leaf fans.

Why? He was a point producer in junior, came up and tore up the preseason but was left back to get bigger and presumably better ... But, he hasn't progressed at all. He needs to produce this year in some way, shape or form or the team will move on, much like Pogge was the next goalie but ended up busting, traded to Anaheim and continues to do nothing of note.

You're suppose to have faith in prospects, and if Kadri can produce the way he was projected too then it's another threat they have to put up points ... I'm not talking about a 100 point season, but a solid 15-20 goal season and finishing in the positives in his +/- is what the Leafs need out of him.

MPH is right here. Kadri is still young and developing. He shouldn't be expected to do much this year other then adapt to the game at NHL speed and continue to grow.

Most Leafs fans do expect him to score 50 and dominate right now. Playing on the third line with sheltered minutes should let him gain confidence, but anything more then 30 pts will be a bonus. Its less about stats and more about his mental development right now.

Burke doesn't need to worry about the defence ... The back end of the team is solid as hell with Reims in net and Monster backing him up, and the top 6 right now would be Dion, Schenn, JML, Franson, Komisarek and Gunnarson plus they have Aulie right there too. Giving something up or throwing a ton of money at Doughty isn't something they need.

Connolly will definitely help Kessel out up front, and anything we can get from Lombardi is a steal, but they still need another top 6 center. At the very least though, with the addition of Connolly, Bozak will be able to drop back and be a solid second/third line guy and will probably end up producing more from that position then he would playing top line minutes at the moment.

Still don't think Burke is done though, and if Kadri can FINALLY produce what he was projected to do then that will be another solid forward that will be able to produce without the pressure of being on the top line.

Either way, Go Leafs Go! We've finally gotten rid of the John Ferguson Jr. errors, mistakes and down-right idiotic moves.

1. Aulie has great chemistry with Dion, no way they should break that up. The odd man out there is either Komi or Gunner (who just re-signed, so doubt he will be the #7 d-man)

2. Kadri is a kid! Last year was his first year in pro. Give him a year to adjust to it :/ Not every player can be Crosby right out of the gate.

Guest mr. potato head

Kadri progressed from not playing in the NHL the previous year to being a solid third-liner by the end of the year. At that rate of progression, he'll be topping the NHL scoring charts by 2014 at the latest.

Perhaps I explained myself the wrong way ... I don't expect Kadri to come in and put up 50 goals and dominate the league or whatever, but I do think he needs to do something on the big club this year ... As somebody said 30 points would be a good season, really just contributing to the big club at all would be solid, but if he comes up and has NO impact and gets sent back down how can the team not consider him a bust?

I don't have a problem with Aulie playing on the big club at all, he played extremely well when he came up last year, I just don't see Aulie taking Komisarek's starting place and Wilson loved Gunner last season, which is why I had Aulie as the 7th ... Ideally, Burke will be able to move Komisarek for a forward.

Either way, I'm glad there are other TML fans on here, and again, I think explained myself poorly regarding Kardi because I don't expect him to come up and dominate, I just think he needs to come up and do something positive and stay on the big club.

Guest mr. potato head

If he just keeps up his NHL points-per-game ratio from last year he'll finish right around 30. Plus he'll be a 20-year-old rather than a 19-year-old, so I'd expect him to snuggle comfortably on the second line by year's end.

I think the fact he made a push for the team with that awesome pre-season and he was only 18 really has me feeling like he's been around forever and hasn't done much ... Which is unfair, you're right ... I'm excited to see what he can do this year though, I know he has the skills so I hope he has a great season.

Perhaps I explained myself the wrong way ... I don't expect Kadri to come in and put up 50 goals and dominate the league or whatever, but I do think he needs to do something on the big club this year ... As somebody said 30 points would be a good season, really just contributing to the big club at all would be solid, but if he comes up and has NO impact and gets sent back down how can the team not consider him a bust?

I don't have a problem with Aulie playing on the big club at all, he played extremely well when he came up last year, I just don't see Aulie taking Komisarek's starting place and Wilson loved Gunner last season, which is why I had Aulie as the 7th ... Ideally, Burke will be able to move Komisarek for a forward.

Either way, I'm glad there are other TML fans on here, and again, I think explained myself poorly regarding Kardi because I don't expect him to come up and dominate, I just think he needs to come up and do something positive and stay on the big club.

Because he is 20 years old? :/

Kulie didn't have his break out year until he was 24. Reimer was 23 before anyone paid any attention to him. MacArthur was 26.

So seriously....give the kid a break. Kadri may be a bust in the future, but not right now...have some patience with him.