The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah, my favourite is the topmost secondary logo. None are as good as the original, but at least those don't give off the sense they'll look horrible in 10 years (hi Columbus!).

I'd like to see the left and top right logos merged some how. As I like the top right logo best, but absolutely love "circled" logos like this one. Basically, I would like a deisign similar to my favourite jersey: http://www.hockey-jerseys.ca/images/st-louis-blues-third-jersey-rbk.jpg.

The logos themselves aren't bad, reminds me of the new WHA logo though.

Jets have unveiled their new logo.

110722_logos_news.jpg

Meh, anyone?

I HATE the wordmark. The "Winnipeg" bit is ok, but the "Jets" part looks too much like how they first taught us to write joined-up handwriting in primary school. Also, neither of the logos look like a jersey crest to me. Maybe I'll warm to it when it's in context.

I decided to scrap my old blog and start a new one. Here is the link - http://paradeplanningcommittee.blogspot.com/

Any other Leafs fans interested in being a writer on my blog? I don't expect any sort of regular contributions, I just think it would be fun to have more then one person posting. Even non-Leafs fans are welcome.

I decided to scrap my old blog and start a new one. Here is the link - http://paradeplanningcommittee.blogspot.com/

Any other Leafs fans interested in being a writer on my blog? I don't expect any sort of regular contributions, I just think it would be fun to have more then one person posting. Even non-Leafs fans are welcome.

I'm a Rangers fan, but I think I visited your blog last season and might have even posted a comment or 2. I'd probably check it out a lot more if it were to become more than just a leaf blog to be honest. I wouldn't mind finding something to post, but again, I'm not sure it would completely be about the leafs.

Anyway.. Rangers found a way to sign both Dubinksy and Callahan before arbitration. Dubinsky got 4 years @ 4.2 per year, while Callahan was signed for a 3 year deal worth just slightly under 4.3. I think we might have over payed a bit on both, but I don't think it's so bad where it's going to come back and to hurt us in the next 3-4 years. I feel we over payed about 500-750,000k combined on the contracts per year, which really isn't too bad. I think Callahan might even be our captain. We also brought back Eminger, but I'm not sure if he'll be our definite 6th or 7th defensemen. This off season was really all about signing Richards. We manged to do that while keeping the team together -minus Matt Gilroy, who I feel never got a real chance with us.

Toe, I have been looking to start writing/blogging about hockey...but I would not want to go anywhere near a blog with that name, even if I was not writing about the Leafs. In-joke blog names aren't a recipe for success.

^ Unfortunately, there's no joke in there, anywhere.

Honestly, If they have the cash, I say why not? As along as he keeps quiet with his negativity, the players around him can benefit from his veteran presence.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Even if they bring him back at League Minimum, they're still overpaying him... But I think they have to set that aside and put the best product onto the ice they can. If that involves Yashin, then they have to take it on the chin for a year, two, whatever it'll be and just do it.