The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Like Connolly's deal, it seems like too much money but the term is perfect. I hope MacArthur can play like he did last season. Playing with Kulemin and Grabbo, he was very good last season.

Given that he was making ~$2.5 million last year off the back of 30-35 point seasons, $3.5 is more or less what I was expecting. I'm a little concerned about what this might mean for Schenn, but I think it'll get done.

Who? Mac? He was making $1.1 million last year.

So according to Burkie, we're done unless we get a chance to upgrade. He's also not interested in making offer sheets on Stamkos or Downie, or anyone for that matter.

Looking at it now, I was happy with how the team looked at the end of the season last year, and if they were to go into this season with the same team, I would've been fine with it (post-new years team that is). Now, we've got rid of Lebda, and aquired Franson and Lombardi. Lebda was a hinder to the team last year, although I could have dealt with him, so Franson instead of him is a great improvement. We've also got Connolly now to center the 1st line, which I'm personally still unsure about but as long as he's able to dish that puck to Kessel and Lupul, and stay healthy for a bit atleast, I'm sure it'll go fine. Bozak will shine on the third line instead of playing on the 1st where he's not ready to be yet. The only downfall I can see in the whole situation is that we lost Tim Brent, and that sucks balls because Brent is one hard working SOB.

WE WANT THE CUP! :shifty:

So Schenn's agent is trying to use Doughty's deal as a precedent? He realises he's not Drew Doughty, right? Like, not even particularly close to Drew Doughty?

Where'd you see that we signed Dupuis?

Also, straight from @HennyTweets on Twitter

@Crocetti10 BB says talks still ongoing. Drew doughty negotiations may have a bearing on luke's deal.

Doughty to Toronto?

Burke said he wouldn't extend an offer sheet. He never said anything about working something out with the Kings.

Where'd you see that we signed Dupuis?

Also, straight from @HennyTweets on Twitter

@Crocetti10 BB says talks still ongoing. Drew doughty negotiations may have a bearing on luke's deal.

Doughty to Toronto?

Burke said he wouldn't extend an offer sheet. He never said anything about working something out with the Kings.

If we're going to go after RFAs, we may as well go for Stamkos :shifty:

But yeah, Schenn should not get what Doughty will eventually get. Closer to Marc Staal money?

I doubt Schenn would command as much as Doughty. They're two completely different styled players, but Doughty is much more integral to the success of his team. Based on his performance so far, and his potential, I'd say that Burke should cap a Luke Schenn contract at $3.5 per year, at the very most. The Leafs' back-end is very deep right now, and while Schenn is a good guy to have, he's hardly integral at this point in time. Perhaps in the future, he'll be a shut down guy commanding big bucks, and maybe that means that a shorter term deal is better for him to take at the moment.