The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

OilersNation Radio had the suggestion that, as a way to make good for the Colin Fraser situation that Dean Lombardi is upset about, the Oilers should write an apology on the back of an offer sheet to Drew Doughty.

OilersNation Radio had the suggestion that, as a way to make good for the Colin Fraser situation that Dean Lombardi is upset about, the Oilers should write an apology on the back of an offer sheet to Drew Doughty.

That would be amazing....but can the Oilers afford to give up 4 lottery draft picks for Doughty? :shifty:

Here's a trade that works for everyone:

LA gets: Luke Schenn (replaces the one they lost)

Tampa gets: Drew Doughty (Because....that's why)

Toronto gets: Steven Stamkos

It might need some tweeking, and I think Toronto over pays....but it could be a good deal!

Here's a question: you have 1st overall in a keeper hockey pool....who do you take?

For me, it would be between Crosby, Stamkos, and one of the Sedin's.

Crosby: young, tons of points, but concussion issue.

Stamkos: young, lots of points, but vanished in the second half of the year (AFTER I TRADED FOR HIM)

Sedin's: They're really good...and I can't think of a negative.

I'll be joining a keeper league this year, and I hope I have the problem of choosing first overall. Last year, I drafted 12th, and picked up one of the Sedin's.

That would be amazing....but can the Oilers afford to give up 4 lottery draft picks for Doughty? :shifty:

Here's a trade that works for everyone:

LA gets: Luke Schenn (replaces the one they lost)

Tampa gets: Drew Doughty (Because....that's why)

Toronto gets: Steven Stamkos

It might need some tweeking, and I think Toronto over pays....but it could be a good deal!

That trade really doesn't work for anybody except Toronto.

Here's a question: you have 1st overall in a keeper hockey pool....who do you take?

For me, it would be between Crosby, Stamkos, and one of the Sedin's.

Crosby: young, tons of points, but concussion issue.

Stamkos: young, lots of points, but vanished in the second half of the year (AFTER I TRADED FOR HIM)

Sedin's: They're really good...and I can't think of a negative.

I'll be joining a keeper league this year, and I hope I have the problem of choosing first overall. Last year, I drafted 12th, and picked up one of the Sedin's.

It really all depends on how the point system works out. If there' a ton of points involved with goalies, well, last year thomas was a fucking beast. Nobody shoots more than Ovechkin. Henrik Sedin will get you the faceoff points. Both sedins will always get you points in +/- (if there are points to be earned that way) I think I go with all of them over stamkos. Definitely a proven goal scorer and probably should have broken 50 goals last season, but he really dissapeared during the last 25 games of the season.

I'd take Crosby first, he'll get the you points and if he goes down with an injury, I see him being the easiest to trade because somebody is going to take a change on him.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Ruki, proposing that trade...and then proposing that TORONTO is the team overpaying is the most ludicrous fucking homerific thing said in the sordid history of EWB hockey threads, and that is a history that has had Gabriel, Basha and Chase post in it <_<

Ruki, proposing that trade...and then proposing that TORONTO is the team overpaying is the most ludicrous fucking homerific thing said in the sordid history of EWB hockey threads, and that is a history that has had Gabriel, Basha and Chase post in it <_<

I wouldn't be suprised to hear that Ruki was being sarcastic.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear that Ruki was being sarcastic.

Winner!

And Plubby, you suck.