The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

When he retired from the NHL, Vanbiesbrouck took over as the head coach and director of hockey operations for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds.[83] In February 2003, the team had a record of 18-24-4-3.[84] A month later on March 7, the Greyhounds lost 6–1 to the Guelph Storm. After the game Vanbiesbrouck used a racial slur in expressing his anger with Trevor Daley (now with the Dallas Stars), a black player and Greyhounds' team captain, to two of Daley's white teammates. Daley was told of the remarks by his teammates and was advised to leave the team by his agent Bobby Orr. Daley returned home to Toronto and informed the commissioner of the OHL about the remarks. The day after Daley left the team, Vanbiesbrouck resigned his positions as coach and general manager, and sold his ownership stake in the team.

Source - Wikipedia

• Like 1

Guy still has it. He should rejoin the Avalanche, they could use his drive next April.

• Like 2

Anyone else thing Carolina's actually shaping up somewhat? Brent and Kaberle are both good additions as ex-Leafs, I'd say. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

With that said, LEAFS -> CUP! :shifty:

I don't think Carolina has improved at all. Eric Staal is a premier player and having Cam Ward means the Hurricanes are always going to compete for a playoff spot. I am not a fan of their defence, and Kaberle is not going to help them in their own end. Losing Erik Cole this off-season could hurt them, since I don't see them having much offensively after Eric Staal.

If Jeff Skinner builds on his previous season and the team is healthy all season, I think Carolina could make the playoffs.

I think Carolina should take a risk on Zherdev. He's not going to grind, but he'll get you 20 goals playing a full season. He's got of pontential, just hasn't found right place.

Edited by thisgamewelose

Guest mr. potato head

Devils hire Peter DeBoer as head coach. Good move, he nearly got a bad team into the playoffs in his first year and then managed to stay out of last place despite having the worst team on paper for two years. I see the Devils making a good push for the playoffs next year, at the very least.

Anyone else thing Carolina's actually shaping up somewhat? Brent and Kaberle are both good additions as ex-Leafs, I'd say. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

With that said, LEAFS -> CUP! :shifty:

I don't think Carolina has improved at all. Eric Staal is a premier player and having Cam Ward means the Hurricanes are always going to compete for a playoff spot. I am not a fan of their defence, and Kaberle is not going to help them in their own end. Losing Erik Cole this off-season could hurt them, since I don't see them having much offensively after Eric Staal.

If Jeff Skinner builds on his previous season and the team is healthy all season, I think Carolina could make the playoffs.

Carolina did add Chris Durno...

The rangers locked up Dubinsky for 4 years /4.2 per year. Not a bad contract considering most reports said he wanted 5 million per year. I can live with 4.2 I guess a comparable contract would be Ladd getting 4.0, or brooks Laich. I'd take Dubinsky over ladd and Laich, although Ladd hit 29 goals last season.

I'm kind of surprised we didn't sign Campoli, we have the cap space and the contract would've only been one year so it would be off the books by the time we had to re-sign Sharpie.