Deadliest Warrior Season 3

OctoberRaven

I was cool with less camera time to the experts because sometimes the experts make me want to tear my hair out. Aside from the Napoleon history guy all the experts in this episode didn't jerk it up, and I can accept it from the Napoleon historian because dude, he's a snobby Frenchman, that's awesome.

You thought the frenchman was snobby? When the american started talking about his rifles I thought he was the jerk ski instructer from an 80s movie. I 1/2 expected him to say stan darsh.

The Xfactor thing was interesting, and at least the person that was giving the factors gave reasons as to why.

Myself, I think the rifles section was horrid. There shouldnt be a shot limit, there should be a time limit. Period. Miniguns may not be accurate but I can tell you they will shred by the time they get done. If it takes one team 2x longer to fire 20 shots then they arent superior, they are dead men.

You thought the frenchman was snobby? When the american started talking about his rifles I thought he was the jerk ski instructer from an 80s movie. I 1/2 expected him to say stan darsh.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought he looked like that guy....

Anyone watch this week's ep?

X factors definitely matter in this one, as weapons-wise William The Conqueror was completely outclassed. Armor I think was the final straw.

Another problem with the catapult is... how the fuck can you possibly aim that thing? Improvised ammunition, and firing over walls... your options are blind luck or volley fire to get any damage done.

It takes the worst aspects of both the Ballista and the sling into one weapon.

Granted, but really it's just so much simpler and more efficient to use cannons, especially because when you get through the walls, they can still be used as an accurate weapon that can cut down infantrymen.

Really catapults make a lot more sense as counterseige weaponry, as you can have people on the battlements actually calling shots for you.

Anyone watch last night's ep?

EIGHT KILL DIFFERENCE. Which is less than two kills in the old system, making it almost a dead heat.

Claymores = teh badass

I noticed that hand to hand was both a weapon AND an xfactor. In one it was adead tie in the xfactor the rangers led.

Dont know how I feel about claymores. On one hand, youve got a mine thats spread in the dozens with zero concern for anything but mayhem, in the other a severly limited yet very functional mine that kills in mostly a single direction. Which is better? Well the claymore is certainly "deadlier" but I think its actually a little closer than all that.

Did I think the rangers would win? Yes. But this? Was a dead tie. 8 battles in 5000 you have to leave some margin for error.

Yeah, I'd like to see a clause that either calls it a draw if they fall within a certain margin of error, or that if it's within the margin of error they keep running simulations until a decisive advantage is one ("Tennis Scoring" if you will)

Pretty decisive one this time, Genghis wins by a full 10% margin.

Next week is the obligatory 'supervillains collide!' episode, which tend to be very interesting and among the better ones. ones (though I think if the current system was in place, the Vietcong would have creamed the Waffens).

Edited by OctoberRavenO

My bad, I use the quote tags to make spoiler tags and forgot to actually do that second part...

Well, they started off strong IMO to me. Napolean vs Washington was a logical matchup and showed that X-Factors actually matter this time around. Then Joan vs William the Conqueror proves that X-Factors cannot necessarily overcome clearly superior weaponry. Next week interests me as it's the Battle of the Bad Guys episode which are usually fun.

But in the end, I can't wait to see the zombies thrash the vampires.

Good episode.

Saddam won, thought Pol Pot had it. Surprised that Saddam's assault rifle actually ended up more effective... probably because it's not a friggin LMG

Loved the fight scene and how they did the testing this time around. Ending to the fight scene was AWESOME and a nice change of pace from the usual 'bosses face off for a bit' they've done.

EDIT- Took the page forever to load, fixed the tags

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Teddy Roosevelt's secret weapon: William Howard Taft, 300 pound former Republican President and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

TR Expert: Teddy would actually pick up Taft, and hurl him like a huge boulder at his enemies! And if that wasn't enough, Taft fucking up Roosevelt's policies would send Teddy into an Incredible Hulk like rage and he would just murder everyone with the big stick!

And Teddy wins.

:shifty: I enjoyed it; The Vickers jamming early on kinda fucked things up for Lawrence.

USA! USA! USA! USA!

Good episode this week. Next week is going to probably be a bleh one, but overall the season has been pretty good now they actually know what the fuck they are doing now.