Deadliest Warrior Season 3

OctoberRaven

Guest J-Money808

I'm still waiting for a hawaiian warrior to appear on the show <_< . what they goin say? "oh we did a Maori warrior so we don't have to do any other Polynesian warriors". Hawaiians/Samoans/Tongans/Fijians all have different weapons and styles in the way they battle. And how the hell they goin have Teddy Roosevelt and not King Kamehameha?? Damn show.

Edit: also on wikipedia it says that Hannibal is gonna have a war elephant as his weapon. Now that's awesome.

Edited by J-Money808

If Roosevelt doesn't win fuck this show forever, I will never watch it again.

But yeah, thank god the computer simulation bullshit is gone and hopefully whatever their criterion for fights is now will factor in more than just weapons so we don't get more bullshit like Alexander the Great losing to Atilla the Hun totally because of weapons.

This pissed me right off. Alexander would have smashed him. :@

A few things I'd like to see:

More consistent testing. Having one side's weapon tested against a ballistics gel dummy and the other's against a pig carcass is bs. Do the same damn test for both weapons.

No more siege weapons unless its a full scale war. I *might* be able to buy it during a 5 on 5 squad battle, but using them in one on one matchups is bullshit.

No more slings! Slings suck. If one side has a sling, don't bother airing the test (which they still have to conduct so they can feed into the computer) and just go ahead and give the edge to other team's weapon unless its something lame like Shaka Zulu's poison spit.

Spartans vs. Spetsnaz. Make it happen!!!

Barry won't let that happen because the WALL OF BRONZE!!!!! bullshit will never hold up when the human Terminator Sonny Puzikas is involved.

And Rider, I'm totally agreeing, but the original simulator obviously had a lot of flaws. For example, CIA vs KGB essentially boiled down to the SMGs, everything else was just there to show the cool real life spy shit both sides used. And the camera gun is is a shitload better than the breifcase gun for stealth kills; camera gun can easily pass an inspection, breifcase gun, open the case, gun's right there.

Oh, and Atilla was the man, him vs Alexander was one of the few things they did that I agreed with...

Why else would they have completely ignored the fact that the Samurai would have won entirely with the kanabo?

And because he was Japanese, right?

Uh-oh. Mass combat. Not a good sign for George.

I liked it. They actually add in the man behind the weapons now, and the weapons tests were virtually identical. Also 5000 sims instead of 1000.

Result in spoilers:

It was actually a standard squad battle, five on five. Washington BARELY won by the slightest of margins.

I'm not looking for a result here, but was the episode good or should I skip it?

It was good in the sense of watching things get blown to shit :shifty:

Spoiler warning here, I will not spoil the actual results, but the new stuff on the show they have.

They've overhauled the whole system more or less. They take into consideration a hell of a lot more than they did before, which was just stats based on a handful of weapons. This factors in logistics, tactics, leadership, intimidation, morale, etc. They also run 5,000 simulations, instead of the usual 1000.

Subspoiler for the episode:

America, Fuck Yeah! Ahem. That being said, I guess the context in the fights would be the big deciding factor; even though Washington gets the win based on victories, it's still a pretty slim margin; which makes this more of a tie in my book. I thought Washington would be destroyed, though, considering the better cannon that Napoleon had and the sabres.

In a battle between the two, on a more or less even field, Napoleon would win; Washington's tactics were more along the lines of knowing when not to fight (like against the British in New York; if he decided to fight them, I'd probably spell color with a 'u' :shifty:, and basically knocking out supply lines. In a war, though, it's much harder to say; Napoleon would probably still win since the British generals over here weren't the sharpest knives, in spite of constant numerical superiority.

Also, on a side note...Yorktown? I mean, really? Aside from Cornwallis fucking up, there was also the fleet of (French :shifty:) ships that blocked him in, which was the deciding factor.

Well, attempting to make a real life person's abilities measurable by a number kind of tends to be that way.

Wait - why in the name of god did they bother timing the mid-range weapons, if they're going to entirely ignore that when it comes down to their decision? I know they're trying to make decent TV by making it look as close as possible.. but eh. I should really stop looking for logic in this show.

The "edge" doesn't matter at all in results. Reload time and such however is factored into the simulator in all likelyhood, so I would say that, yes, their timing it does matter.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Are we really going to put everything in spoilers? We should just accept from now on, after an episode has aired, that if you enter this thread without watching it you'll see people talking about the results, so watch it first.

Napoleon should have won IMO. Washington getting the edge in the sword battle was ridiculous. The French one was way more versatile, was also deadly with every strike and could also thrust. They just wanted Washington to have the edge.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Are we really going to put everything in spoilers? We should just accept from now on, after an episode has aired, that if you enter this thread without watching it you'll see people talking about the results, so watch it first.

Napoleon should have won IMO. Washington getting the edge in the sword battle was ridiculous. The French one was way more versatile, was also deadly with every strike and could also thrust. They just wanted Washington to have the edge.

It's the 48 hour rule; Spoilers till 48 hours have passed since the original airing.

Quasi: The Edge doesn't matter. At all. What it says is that it's what appears to be the more effective weapon of the two based on the testing, but the results won't always follow that, though.

I would have called the swords even myself, though I can see why they gave Washington's sword the edge: Because it was utilized specifically as a counter to the traditional saber.

I would have liked it if they actually demonstrated the parry tactics they spoke of, but perfectly even tests seems to be a new norm here.

I also noticed that they give less camera time to the experts. Not sure what to make of that so far, as some of the experts in the first two seasons have been pretty entertaining in of themselve (Speficially Sonny Puzikas, but others the Maori dudes were awesome too)