EWB Fantasy Football B-League

Guest jaywhyte

Sleeper A draft term for a NFL player that an owner believes is going to have a breakout season. These are usually players who are not rookies, but they can be. For the most part they are not well known NFL players. For example, Edgerrin James would not have been a sleeper for the 1999 season, because many people knew he was going to have a good to very good season. However, Kurt Warner would have been because very few people expected much performance from him, yet he was the leading player in most leagues in 1999. Usually sleepers are drafted in the middle to late rounds of a draft.

Yes, I know what it means. There is the clear definition for you since apparently I don't know good enough English to speak. I put 'usually' in bold because it's not a definite. Freeman could have dropped 3 more rounds and nobody would have thought anything of it.

I'm sorry I don't explain things well enough for you guys. I think you KNEW what I meant when I typed that though which is no reason to speak up and be a jerk. :)

Edited by jaywhyte

You really think Josh Freeman could have dropped to round six of a 14 team draft? And no one would have thought anything of it?

This is why I said it wasn't worth it.

Guest jaywhyte

You really think Josh Freeman could have dropped to round six of a 14 team draft? And no one would have thought anything of it?

This is why I said it wasn't worth it.

When 1 QB is only starting, possibly. I've never done this format so I don't know. I have played in leagues where 2 or 3 QB's accumulate points for your team and you have a salary and whatnot. I haven't played a draft league in a long time so I'm sorry for my ignorance.

Freeman isn't a sleeper. He was the 13th drafted QB in a league with 14 teams, and he's coming off of a big year. Similarly, DeAngelo Williams has already had an 18 TD, 1,500+ yd season and was a "bargain" when I drafted him in the 2nd round last year.

A legit sleeper was when I took Hakeem Nicks in the 5th round last year coming off of a year where he had 47 rec, 790 yds and 6 TD, and he exploded into an elite receiver who probably led our league in PPG and might have been the top receiver in fantasy if he hadn't been injured.

Manning Up will roll the dice on Hakeem Nicks, WR, Giants in hopes that he will have a breakout season.

That was my best prediction since I had the Giants beating the Pats in the SB on a late Eli Manning TD strike that would win him the MVP over on smart marks. Granted, I was being facetious, but it was pretty awesome nonetheless :shifty: