Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

TKz

So yeah, thought there might be some people interested to watch a video about what's in the new COD that actually shows something other than identical gameplay to the last MW. Don't get me wrong, I loved MW2 and thought it was far better than Black Ops, but we know what the game's like... clips of that aren't really new.

Looks like a fairly standard Survival mode, though it's part of Spec Ops so it's good to see that coming back. Also nice to see the Riot Shield making a return and that this looks a lot more like MW2 than Black Ops.

Also, Attack dogs strapped with explosives!

Sorry for continuing to buy games from a franchise that's put out consistently good titles for years in a row now, with gameplay that we enjoy! But hey, I forgot it's not cool to like Call of Duty openly on the internet.

Even though I planned on getting BC3 over this for the fall since BC3 looked a shitload better than just another COD title (which is what it seems like all is released these days rather than a mindblowingly awesome new game), if I had the money I would get both. COD4 I loved on the PC (though that may have been because I tended to only play on the same two maps for the most part, one of which I could "glitch" my way to a rooftop and snipe from behind an AC vent or another). MW2 was amazing playing with friends, especially on Rust in custom games.

I've always enjoyed those two games just because it seems like they, and other realistic FPS's, I can really enjoy sniping in (though I still suck), whereas my other FPS of choice, Halo, I need to run and gun and cant just sit around waiting to snipe people.

I imagine MW3 will be at least as good as COD4 and MW2, which would be good enough for me if I got it.

Sorry for continuing to buy games from a franchise that's put out consistently good titles for years in a row now, with gameplay that we enjoy! But hey, I forgot it's not cool to like Call of Duty openly on the internet.

You couldn't be any more incorrect. I had no idea people were so defensive about video games. Please actually use some common sense before simply passing me off as an internet tough guy or a troll. I am honestly just astonished that you could possibly conceive the thought that I am trying to be cool on a message board by "hating" on Call of Duty, when I was simply asking for an explanation on how you guys aren't bored of this repetitive series.

Edited by phenomenal_waffles
  • Like 2

You couldn't be any more incorrect. I had no idea people were so defensive about video games. Please actually use some common sense before simply passing me off as an internet tough guy or a troll. I am honestly just astonished that you could possibly conceive the thought that I am trying to be cool on a message board by "hating" on Call of Duty, when I was simply asking for an explanation on how you guys aren't bored of this repetitive series.

After how many instances of sex did it become boring and repetitive?

• Like 2

But that's like saying that WWE is repetitive. You don't get the same match and the same stories over and over. You get variety.

COD has new single player (shit goes KaBoom), new Spec ops (shit probably goes boom) and new multyplayer (shit goes way boom!)

So yeah, very repetitive, aside from all the new stuff.

Thing is,

MW2 was okay at its core, but the perks, the bugs, the glitches, the attachment abusing etc made it shit.

Black Ops was mediocre.

World at War was mediocre to shit.

The last great COD game was COD4.

COD games are always good, both offline and online, it's just the players that ruin it. Black Ops was an awesome game for a few months, but then everyone settled into their routines and now you see 90% of the population with Ghost, ak74u/Famas and grenade launcher. MW2 is fantastic. The gameplay is so much fun, but again, the players chose to be extreme asshats and ruin it with the noobtubes. I can't stand playing normally, so I use an outside program with dedicated servers, meaning that you'll get kicked if you use 'em in most games. Since I found it, nothing but fun. WaW is very much a 'you love it' or 'you hate it' game, but nobody has a choice now since the players have decided that hacking it to shit is the way to go... and likewise for COD4. which has a lot of hackers.

I'm picking up MW3 asap because the COD franchise always delivers. Just gotta' get in early before the playerbase figures out what the 'best' everything is - even if it still doesn't get them to the top of the leaderboards - and ruin it.

MW2 was all sorts of wonderful. I did always noobtube/scavenger on Favela - but dammit I made difficult tube shots too. It wasn't always "toob from close range".

I have never tubed on Black Ops to my knowledge. It is reasonably uncommon on Steam.