2011 PGA Championship Thread

Starvinho

Woods missing the cut will be great so we don't have to watch every single one of his shots despite him being way off the lead on the weekend. What the heck happened to Ishikawa? Scott would have been one of the guys I would have rooted for this weekend if it hadn't been for Steve Williams.

McIlroy's group is one of the featured ones on DirecTv right now.

Edit: McIlroy just hurt his wrist on the 3rd hole. Not good at all. Hopefully it isn't too serious. TNT is saying he's allowed 15 minutes of medical time. They are already talking about him not being able to finish.

Edited by sahyder1

Bollocks. I forgot all about this. I said I think Westwood will win this time but he's a fair bit off the pace already.

+1 after the first round of a major hardly kills your Major hopes....especially when you look at the names that are currently on the first page of the leaderboard.

Brandt Snedeker was assessed a two-stroke penalty on Friday for being 2 minutes and 15 seconds late for his 8:10 a.m. tee time.

Not the best way to start a round.

Edited by sahyder1

Didn't get to watch the morning action at all. Shame about McIlroy's triple bogey which is putting him right at the cut line at +3. Him at even par going would have been cool and worth following. Davis Love III is at -4 right now two off the lead. Tiger Woods is definitely missing the cut (awesome!). He's dropped two more shots today and is now at +9. He just had one ugly bogey on the 7th.

Tiger Woods looks like he's shot. I guess that driver to the face a couple of Thanksgivings ago took his mojo for good.

I don't like accusing people of PEDs but sooner or later the PED talks will begin again right? Galea (I think that's his name)has admitted to giving HGH to American customers but has not yet admitted to giving it to A-Rod and Tiger who are two of his clients. Something is up. He is a completely different golfer since that point.

Edit: Tiger just ended up in the water again.

Edited by sahyder1

I'm all for saying Tiger juiced up, but I can't imagine that HGH or steroids helped him drive the ball more accurately or make clutch putts. There are smaller guys hitting the ball as far, if not farther than he ever did, but Tiger can't hit the ball where he's trying to on a regular basis anymore and that's why he looks like a scrub these days.

Edited by naiwf

I'm all for saying Tiger juiced up, but I can't imagine that HGH or steroids helped him drive the ball more accurately or make clutch putts. There are smaller guys hitting the ball as far, if not farther than he ever did, but Tiger can't hit the ball where he's trying to on a regular basis anymore and that's why he looks like a scrub these days.

I don't think it would have helped him all that much with the driving either but if he was on the HGH and is off of it now it would help explain him not recovering from injuries. All the golf beat writers keep saying Tiger just doesn't have the same intensity in practices and just the way he goes about his business on the course and on the range.

You would've figured once everything had been reported about him he could actually go out there and play even better then before as he isn't living two lives anymore.

Earlier this week CNBC's Darren Rovell ran a poll asking if Tiger would even win another tournament (not a major) again and some people were ripping him for it but Tiger isn't even close to being competitive right now.