Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Loads of people have done it. There's often loads of diaries on sortitoutsi and all the other fm sites etc. with them doing that.

Furthest I've got is to the Championship from BSN/S, but it gets so boring and money is always tight.

Yeah, plenty of people have done it. I just find it a bit tedious with the lack of money available. I usually just take a team as far as I can without major overhaul and then get myself a slightly better job, that way it's the same experience really.

Into my 4th season at Liverpool and all we have to show for it is a FA Cup and the Champions League cup last year, although that isnt that bad. In 11/12 we finished 3rd, in 12/13 we finished 2nd and in 13/14 we finished 3rd, so we are challkenging for the Title, just the Defence is letting us down a bit at times.

This is my Squad though (Regens with have a Link to a Screenshot)

Jose Reina

Erwin Hofmann - http://i1110.photobu...3/GKHofmann.jpg

Glen Johnson

John Flanagan

Fouad Merahi - http://i1110.photobu...23/CBMerahi.jpg

Jack Robinson

Jamie Carragher

Andre Wisdom

Sebastien Coates

Jose Enrique

Adam Vaas

Jamie Ness

Cedric Chazalon - http://i1110.photobu.../CMChazalon.jpg

Patrick Kuijpers - http://i1110.photobu.../CMKuijpers.jpg

Steven Gerrard

Ezequiel Lavezzi

Mauro Zarate

Lukas Podolski

Martin Kobylanski

Andy Carroll

Im thinking of making this save a Journeying game, where I journey around the world and try help different teams in different leagues. I want to experience foreign leagues and maybe have alot of fun there before the next FM, so Liverpool wont be very long term.

Have started another new game hopefully this one will be long term. Started as Dortmund and am trying to bring in Ballack and Kalou on frees. Trying to get another striker as back up to Lewandowski but my budget is 5-6Mill any ideas?

I'm managing Botafogo in Brazil at the moment, and I have a striker called Sebastian Abreu who might be worth a look. He's been a very consistent goalscorer for me. At 35 he won't exactly be leading the line for years to come, but as a short term back up, valued at just 450k, he's worth a gamble. His physical stats are impressive considering his age, and his mental and technical stats are great. If you go for him, let me know how he gets on!

Have started another new game hopefully this one will be long term. Started as Dortmund and am trying to bring in Ballack and Kalou on frees. Trying to get another striker as back up to Lewandowski but my budget is 5-6Mill any ideas?

I'm managing Botafogo in Brazil at the moment, and I have a striker called Sebastian Abreu who might be worth a look. He's been a very consistent goalscorer for me. At 35 he won't exactly be leading the line for years to come, but as a short term back up, valued at just 450k, he's worth a gamble. His physical stats are impressive considering his age, and his mental and technical stats are great. If you go for him, let me know how he gets on!

I love Abreu, scored that outrageous penalty for Uruguay in the World Cup quarter final, I'll whack a bid in for him.

I just had my greatest win in my FM Career.

Started a career save and was hired by Xerez. Rough started until October 30, and then we reeled off 6 straight to get to 8th. Now we have an away match against 1st place Las Palmas and this happens.

2m6q39g.jpg

Herrero is one of my central mids while Robuste is one of my central defenders (and I had to put a right back in that spot as my other central defenders are hurt). I ran around the house like a mad man after the two late goals.

• Like 1

Going to have another crack at the Olympics now, just holidaying to the date as I type. Tried it once for the challenge in the Cube and got knocked out in the semis but that was with all the restrictions in the rules. I reckon it'll be easy to win without those.

Abreu wasn't interested but managed to bag Balotelli on loan for the season paying only 30% of his wages! My four loaned players are Anderson, Jonny Evans, Giovani dos Santos and Super Mario. Anderson and Super Mario are the only two who will regularly start. Evans is back up for Hummels/Subotic and dos Santos is in because he is versatile.

I just had my greatest win in my FM Career.

Started a career save and was hired by Xerez. Rough started until October 30, and then we reeled off 6 straight to get to 8th. Now we have an away match against 1st place Las Palmas and this happens.

Herrero is one of my central mids while Robuste is one of my central defenders (and I had to put a right back in that spot as my other central defenders are hurt). I ran around the house like a mad man after the two late goals.

What skin are you using?

After winning the World Cup with Holland I've gone to Stoke in November, and they were in a shambles. Millions in debt and a team of half decent players that were either unregistered, or shit players that were registered. I had £15m to spend despite being in debt though, and by the time January got here I signed Hoilett from Liverpool for 4m (bargain. He's played 5 league games and scored 4, had 5 assists and got 4 MoM awards), Elkeson for £5m (some Brazilian that Valencia bought for too much and flopped), Javier Saviola at £120k for backup, and a couple of other random backups for £1 and £200k. I've got Blaszczykowski and Ever Banega coming in on frees at the end of the season, and some regen from Real Madrid too.

Lot of potential in my team, along with a strike force of Crouch, Defoe, Saviola and Andy Carroll!

Funny in my Barca game how my first and second teams are so radically different. I'm forced into playing an absurd 3-6-1 because I don't have spare sidebacks, and I'm using a side attack style with crosses as opposed to my typical pass ball to open man, let him beat keeper one-on-one schtick I use for the first team.

I've gotta say though, the set pieces are a pain in the ass. The game makes a big deal about corners in the commentary, but they just might as well gift wrap the ball and hand it to the keeper because my players are worthless in the air. Free kicks suck too, its a direct shot every time that either misses or is a rainbow shot that gets caught easily by any reasonably sober GK.