Football Manager 2012

Lineker

I am a club icon at Parkvilla for double domestic trebles and probably the whole still being in Europe in the New Year thing.

Started a new game as Blackpool, but set it to start in January 2012, just so I could get right into the games.

Their defence last year was absolutely solid. Seriously, all it's taking is some time with match prep, and a few more attacking options up front, and we should be able to clinch a play-off spot.

Alfredo Tavelera scores two penalties to bring us a 3-2 win away to Benfica!

Liverpool are up next in the 2nd Knockout Round.

He's pretty awesome. What league are you in?

I am in the german second league. I just moved up but have been plaing good enough to be Nr. 1 for the winter break. Thats when i picked him up. It´s amazing how easy it is to do good if you just look at every youth player they offer you. I did not buy one player yet (how would i with a transfer budget of 10k >_>), all youth players on free transfers because some ideot club let them go. o_O

He's pretty awesome. What league are you in?

Just sold Reina for 50 Million!

Tunisia just won the World Cup, beating Euro Champions Russia, Portugal, Netherlands, England and Germany!

Mother+of+god+_0e29a0446d96d138e7f1b06aa63261cf.jpg

I wish I could ever get a decent return for my talented players. Even when City comes knocking they always try to eff me over by offering stuff like offering 10 million for Aaron Ramsey.

Most of my transfers that are outgoing are over 48 months. I've got £70m transfer fund that I'm barely touching, and got quite a bit coming in every month from players.

This season so far I've got 50 million for Reina off Arsenal

27 million for Jose Enrique off Schalke

25 million for Lucas Leiva off Atletico Madrid

Past years I've got 14.5 million for Skrtel, 14 million for Downing, 15.5 million for Johnson, 18 million for Agger, and about 50 million for dead-weight like Aquilani, Cole, Adam etc.

I usually offer my players out with payment over 48 months for the nearest 0 or 5 that's higher than double their value, and usually someone comes up with an offer near there. I wouldn't have got 50 million for Reina if it was up front, and I don't need the money now so it's the best way, imo.

bamber.png

This is my "striker". At least thats what i used him for in league 2. (he won about every price there was including most goals scored) Now that i am in the first Bundesliga i use him as right midfield player... he kicks ass, i wonder how long i can hold him.

I have no idea why i ever bought players in FM. Free youth transfers are ridicules.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I wish that scouting thing stipulated what rating the player would be at different levels, not just for your club. Because I've bought a few players at 4 star potential, won a few trophies and they then go down because my team's got better, meaning I wasted my time with these guys that are now 3 star to 3.5 star potential when I want 4 star guys >_>.

I usually just have my scouts in various regions with no set search parameters. They usually come back with a nice mixture of players including a lot of tasty regens.

Atm I've got a scout in Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, North America, North Africa, South Europe, two in South America, two in Central Europe and two in UK & Ireland.

Yeah if I'm with a big club with a lot of scouts I send one to each region, they usually come back with a good spread of ages of players. In the more obscure regions they rarely come back with players above 2 stars but it's good to have your overall knowledge quite higher, means less stats are masked I think.

Sturridge left as a free agent just before I returned to Chelsea and is now at Everton. That's okay, I'm fine for ST/AMR types.

Went on a deadline day spree which saw me buy two DMs, one of which being Aled Allen who I signed for Juventus a year earlier. The other Juventus player that I'll be signing for a second time is Ricci Hazell (who had Serie A's most assists in his debut season with me), joining in January. Sadly I haven't got anywhere near enough money to grab the £35m+ rated Moses Ochieng... Other purchases include a new goalkeeper and a new right-back.

Trying to fund more of an overhaul by selling some of my unused players, including midfielder Okeke who's great and all, but I've switched back to a 4-2-3-1 like I played at Juve and have no need for the MC position. Real Madrid, Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain all *APPEAR* interested to part with roughly £30 million for him, but none of them are making any response (positive or negative) to my sale offers. Maybe because it's mid-autumn and the next window's a few months away? I dunno.

At least the three players that Chelsea signed (whilst managerless - thus emulating the true experience of Chelsea Football Club) just before my arrival are doing okay, although Oscar keeps getting injured. Vincent Leroy seems a particularly decent buy as a 23 year old French poacher/trequartista type and is actually scoring more than Neymar at the moment. Lukaku continues to infuriate me - I may sell him next summer and get a more poacher-ish replacement if he doesn't improve.

Topping the Premier League with seven wins from eight. Lost 2-0 to Arsenal in my second game but they're currently 10th in the table so lol, whatever. Reigning champions Liverpool and Alan Shearer's Blackburn Rovers are currently the hottest on my tail.