The PC Megathread

Benji

Because, meh, why not.

I've been playing a lot on and off on my PCs lately (mostly Broken Sword, Sims 3 and Football Manager) and figured that a few other people must do to.

Just downloading The Witcher Director's Cut now since I've heard good things about it. Anyone play many games online?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing a lot on and off on my PCs lately (mostly Broken Sword, Sims 3 and Football Manager) and figured that a few other people must do to.

I've just done a run through Broken Sword 1, 2 and 2.5 (a fan made game). Can't bring myself to play 3 or 4 though.

I bought Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves The World on Steam recently and have been having fun with those.

I also got Beneath a Steel Sky free from GOG which I'm playing through now.

Giving the Sims 3 another go, since I didn't give it enough of a chance when I originally played it. Currently in the process of "acquiring" the expansions/stuff packs, so more fun later on.

I'm tempted to dig out the Sims 3 again too.

I never got in to it as much as Sims 2 because when I started 2 my sister had most of the expansions anyway so it didn't feel bare at the start.

Yeah, I guess the big turn-off I had to the Sims 3 was the lack of crazy shit you could get. It's remarkable for customization, though.

Not to mention, last night I had one of my Sims get the Fertility reward (Male). He beds one chick on a date, then, next time she visits, she's fully knocked up, and gives births to twins. The kicker? She wasn't moved in, and still isn't. Later I will find out if the game has child support :shifty:

My absolute favorite thing about Sims 3 when I had it was playing with genetics. I had a blue-haired son that I married off into another family. Lo and behold, he and his wife have three blue-haired kids, who a few generations down the road get around and have blue-haired babies in three or four different households. I had a monster of a legacy-type game going with something like nine generations of Sims living in the house at various points, and I had a massive foyer with paintings of all of them. Then my memory card went kaput. Boo. :(

My absolute favorite thing about Sims 3 when I had it was playing with genetics. I had a blue-haired son that I married off into another family. Lo and behold, he and his wife have three blue-haired kids, who a few generations down the road get around and have blue-haired babies in three or four different households. I had a monster of a legacy-type game going with something like nine generations of Sims living in the house at various points, and I had a massive foyer with paintings of all of them. Then my memory card went kaput. Boo. :(

Reminds me so much of the time I made octuplets with exactly the same beards. My town was filled with people marrying their second cousins... fun times :lol:

Guest JukeboxHero

DOSBox?

Never heard of it until you told me.

I got Oregon Trail to work with it. I had a great run on the game last night. That took me back.

But I'm still having trouble with SimCity 2000. I'll figure it out, I'm sure. I have a city on my old hard drive that I've played with since 2003. I don't plan on stopping now.

Some games just seem to refuse to work with Windows 7. Civilization II, I'm looking at you <_<

But yeah, generally:

DosBox works well, mainly with (gasp) Dos based games. I got Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds (one of these was released in 1988!) to run fine.

There's also all kinds of different things you can do to try to get things to work properly. Compatibility Mode and Run as Administrator are your friends here. Also, in some cases there might issues with the resolution, such as trying to run (original) Diablo.

Just post them here and we'll try to figure it out on a case by case basis.