Land of the Dead... ?

Mysterio2000X

From Comingsoon.net

George Romero is set to direct Land of the Dead, a horror film that picks up on the zombie saga he hatched with Night of the Living Dead and continued with Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. Variety says the film, from Romero's own script, will begin production in October in Winnipeg or Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh was the site of shooting for Romero's original 1968 zombie trilogy.

In the film, the zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers.

The drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

Romero had been developing Diamond Dead, a black comedy musical that's being produced by Scott Free and Andrew Gaty, and he also scripted an adaptation of the Stephen King novel The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, which he may direct for Canadian financier Don Archibald and Lions Gate.

I'm all for this, as im a huge fan of Romero's movies, and Zombie movies in general. I hope he doesnt have the movie as funny as the Dawn of the Dead remix, but if he does i wont mind, as i loved it.

From Comingsoon.net

George Romero is set to direct Land of the Dead, a horror film that picks up on the zombie saga he hatched with Night of the Living Dead and continued with Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead. Variety says the film, from Romero's own script, will begin production in October in Winnipeg or Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh was the site of shooting for Romero's original 1968 zombie trilogy.

In the film, the zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers.

The drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures.

Romero had been developing Diamond Dead, a black comedy musical that's being produced by Scott Free and Andrew Gaty, and he also scripted an adaptation of the Stephen King novel The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, which he may direct for Canadian financier Don Archibald and Lions Gate.

So umm.. do you think it's legit, or not? I'll love this no matter what happens, I'm a huge fan of zombie movies.

I hope Romero doesn't jump on the running Zombie bandwagon because that's what it sounds like.  :ohwell:

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN!? Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the dead...ALL directed by Goerge A. Romero. A remake of his movie was what started the fad, so I can see how he can bandwagon his own creation

I thought the reason the zombies could run because they weren't completely dead yet. After a while, their bodies would finally begin to slow down. It was just luck if you'd get attacked by a slow zombie, or a a person who had just been attacked, and turned zombie. I personally don't mind that idea...that the fresh zombies can run, but after a while they'll begin to slow down.

28 Days Later I enjoyed, and it worked that the zombie/mad humans could run, because they weren't really zombies, just very VERY mad.

I personally love zombies, and think they are cool...

I hope Romero doesn't jump on the running Zombie bandwagon because that's what it sounds like.  :ohwell:

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN!? Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the dead...ALL directed by Goerge A. Romero. A remake of his movie was what started the fad, so I can see how he can bandwagon his own creation