The Great EWB Wheel of Time Re-Read

hugobomb

• 1 month later...

I'm onto Winter's Heart now, and I'm still loving this series. I almost don't want it to end :(

Quick question for those who have read this far/further:

In one of the earlier books, there was a character called Lord Luc. The way it was written seemed to imply that he was more important than it initially seemed and/or not what he seems. Does this get addressed later on? Or, indeed, have I missed it somewhere?

I'm onto Winter's Heart now, and I'm still loving this series. I almost don't want it to end :(

Quick question for those who have read this far/further:

In one of the earlier books, there was a character called Lord Luc. The way it was written seemed to imply that he was more important than it initially seemed and/or not what he seems. Does this get addressed later on? Or, indeed, have I missed it somewhere?

Safe Spolier:

Yes he does get addressed later and becomes more important as the later books (11-13) go

More in depth spoilers, might want to avoid:

It's heavily suggested that he "merged" with Isam at some point after the fall of Malkier. A sort of split personality but they're both bad guys. They fucking hate Wolves, though that might be more Luc than Isam (who seems to just go along for the ride, as it were.). You might have seen the wolves refering to someone called Slayer in the books, that ends up turning out to be Luc/Isam (Isuc? Luam?).

Perrins spends several books trying to take him out with varying levels of success. Luc/Isam kills Hopper in the World of Dreams which pissed Perrin off immensly, leading to huge fight in the World of Dreams during which they stumble arcoss Egwene who aims Balefire at Perrin in shock only for him to just wave it off. Moment of shock for her as Perrin just shown he has a better knowledge of the WoD than her. Perrin then proceeds to kick the ever loving shit out of Luc/Isam but isn't able to finish him off. That's where the last book ends in regards to that plotline.

He's generally refered to as Slayer during the later books.

• 3 months later...

I'm about half way through The Gathering Storm now. Amazing stuff.

Just got to the bit...

Rand balefire's Semirhage out of existence. Epic stuff.

Do they explain any further who Noal is? There's a bit in 1-2 books previously where Thom asks if he is related to Jain Farstrider and Noal - slightly taken aback/nervous - says that he's a 'cousin'.

Also, do they actually go to Shara? It gets mentioned a bit, but not much more than that.

• 10 months later...

So, I just finished A Memory of Light. Wow. Loved it. Has anyone else finished the series?