EWR 2011 Stats Update: December ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Following the news about Lesnar's retirement from UFC, and finding Cro Cop in the November data, it got me thinking as to whether or not UFC should be added as a promotion, and just giving them a load of MMA stars? Seeing as their popularity is consistently rising. Only reason I can see not to is that they're MMA rather than wrestling, but their near enough aren't they?

Not really. There aren't nearly enough crossovers to justify that. There's a handful of wrestlers who have recently tried crossing over (most failing) to MMA, but not so much in the opposite direction. If we added UFC and their fighters then you'll have about 80 MMA guys who in real life are just as likely to join wrestling as they are to join football or astrophysics.

Following the news about Lesnar's retirement from UFC, and finding Cro Cop in the November data, it got me thinking as to whether or not UFC should be added as a promotion, and just giving them a load of MMA stars? Seeing as their popularity is consistently rising. Only reason I can see not to is that they're MMA rather than wrestling, but their near enough aren't they?

Not really. There aren't nearly enough crossovers to justify that. There's a handful of wrestlers who have recently tried crossing over (most failing) to MMA, but not so much in the opposite direction. If we added UFC and their fighters then you'll have about 80 MMA guys who in real life are just as likely to join wrestling as they are to join football or astrophysics.

Fair argument, I suppose. Just had me thinking.

Since UFC isn't a pro wrestling company, it doesn't belong in a pro wrestling simulator. At the time PRIDE was put in EWR, I think they may have still had some pro wrestling matches occasionally - or maybe not, I'm not sure if they had any in 2003 - but at any rate, I don't think MMA orgs should be in a pro wrestling simulator. They are entirely different.

Raise Paul Lauria's age to 37. He's been wrestling for about 20 years.

Molly McShane was born in December. Source: http://www.glorywrestling.com/gg/MollyMcShane/MM.asp

I think her age is probably closer to 44 and here's why: The above link says she's been active for 21 years... This was last updated in February 2008, so it's closer to 24 years. That means she probably stared wrestling in 1987, and assuming she was 19 or 20 around this time, that'd make her 43 or 44 today.

Just so you know, while her profile is unchanged since 2008, the years active thing changes every year if I remember correctly. So 21 would be from 2011, not 2008.

Part of the problem is, I'm pretty sure that Glory assigns December 31st as a "default" birthdate. Both Cagematch and Genickbruch list her birthdate as December 31st, though, so we can probably make that change (unless, of course, they got their info from Glory...). Cagematch also says she started wrestling in 1990, so I'm pretty sure that arwrestling is right that the site elevates that number as time goes on.

Also, for everyone wondering, I should have the update out by Friday evening, if not before. I apologize for the delay, but ended up seeing some people over the holidays that I hadn't planned on, meaning time away from the computer.

-Bill

Molly McShane was born in December. Source: http://www.glorywrestling.com/gg/MollyMcShane/MM.asp

I think her age is probably closer to 44 and here's why: The above link says she's been active for 21 years... This was last updated in February 2008, so it's closer to 24 years. That means she probably stared wrestling in 1987, and assuming she was 19 or 20 around this time, that'd make her 43 or 44 today.

Just so you know, while her profile is unchanged since 2008, the years active thing changes every year if I remember correctly. So 21 would be from 2011, not 2008.

Part of the problem is, I'm pretty sure that Glory assigns December 31st as a "default" birthdate. Both Cagematch and Genickbruch list her birthdate as December 31st, though, so we can probably make that change (unless, of course, they got their info from Glory...). Cagematch also says she started wrestling in 1990, so I'm pretty sure that arwrestling is right that the site elevates that number as time goes on.

Also, for everyone wondering, I should have the update out by Friday evening, if not before. I apologize for the delay, but ended up seeing some people over the holidays that I hadn't planned on, meaning time away from the computer.

-Bill

You don't owe an apology for anything. You'll want to update stuff after Raw tonight anyway, I'm sure. Take your time, man. It's a busy time of year - we all understand. And those who don't can just deal with it.

EDIT: I'd raise Violent Jade's stiffness from 5 to 20.

-Raise Azeem the Dream's brawl to 38, technical to 49, stiffness to 42, overness to 14, and charisma to 61.

-Check SS Look for Kazuchika Okada. Raise his brawl to 66, speed to 40, stiffness to 58, and charisma to 52.

-Raise Go Shiozaki's brawl to 76, stiffness to 70, selling to 78, and overness to 41.

-Raise Hirooki Goto's brawl to 73, technical to 71, stiffness to 50, selling to 58, and charisma to 56.

-Raise Jerome Robinson's overness to 20.

-Raise Wil Maximo's overness to 34.

-Raise Joel Maximo's overness to 41.

-Lower Joe E. Legend's overness to 45.

-I'd remove JJ Dillon from the workers list and put him as a road agent or writer, with a talent in the high 80s for whichever he is put as.

-Add D Edwards to the game (as a referee):

D Edwards

Male

June

Open contract with MCW

Wages: 19,000

Talent: 83

Backstage: 100

Edited by KrisClassic

Michael Kovac's stats seem messed up. Raise his stiffness to 55, selling to 60, and raise his brawl to 50 and lower tech to 70.

I don't think he really deserves fonz factor, either.

I think Kovac's tech is fine as it is, he is a pretty good technical wrestler afterall.

But I totally agree with the rest, maybe even raise his brawl to 55-60!

Edited by TPO

I'd like to strongly nominate 2CW to be added to the game. They run monthly and have crowds of 200-500 every show. Their current roster includes Eddie Edwards, Sami Calliihan, Brodie Lee, Colin Delaney, Cheech, Marcos, Portia Perez, Davey Richards, Slyck Wagner Brown, Kevin Steen, and has featured guys in the past few months like Jim Duggan, Nigel McGuinness, Terry Funk, the bWo, Delirious, Jigsaw, and the Kings of Wrestling. It also was featured in several categories for the PWInsider year end awards. I HIGHLY recommend adding it to the game to replace one of the smaller, less updated promotions (I'm looking at IWA and IWC). If interested let me know and I will provide the stats.

Edited by KrisClassic
  • Like 1

-Remove Chris Hero's touring commitments with NOAH.

-Remove Delirious' touring commitments with NOAH. Make him an active wrestler again with ROH.

-Change Paul Burchill's gimmick to Bad Ass.

-Deactive Callihan and Dickinson and Elgin and Callihan.

-Lower Terry Funk's wages to 66,000.

-Lower The Iron Sheik's wages to 48,000. Lower his attitude to 70 and behavior to 50.

-Raise The Sandman's speed to 24 and technical to 19. Lower his stiffness to 72.

-Check High Spots for The Miz.

-If not done already, vacate all of JAPW's championships. They are relaunching in the coming months.

-Raise Kip Gunn's charisma to 78.

-Raise LuFisto's overness to 46.

-Lower Charlie Haas' speed to 54.

-Raise Rene Dupree's brawl to 73 and speed to 40.

-Raise Corvis Fear's brawl to 64, speed to 71, and technical to 67.

Edited by KrisClassic

Tick shooting for Lamar Braxton Porter. He has a black belt in Kenpo Karate.

Add a friendship between Maxine and Layla El as well as Maxine and Kelly Kelly.

Add a friendship between Chris Jericho and Diamond Dallas Page.

Ryan Sakoda should be American instead of Japanese. Raise his charisma to 45.

Make Raquel Diaz heel. Raise her charisma to 70.

Add dislike between Ultimate Warrior and Kevin Nash.

Add Chris Master as alter ego for Chris Masters.