24 - The Movie

Herr Matzat

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=50728

Finally! 24 Movie To Start Shooting Next Spring With Script From THE WOLVERINE Writer

In news which is sure to please many fans of the now cancelled Fox television series, a big screen adaptation of 24 is finally moving ahead. Tony Scott is no longer in the running to direct, but read on for details.

When 24 was cancelled during its eighth season, it was brought to a close in a way which left the door wide open for the long talked about movie. Admittedly, the show spent its last few years struggling to live up to the high benchmark set by the incredible fifth season, but fans were desperate to see a conclusion to Jack Bauer's story despite how unlikely that has seemingly become as time has gone on. Well, Deadline now reports that Mark Bomback (The Wolverine) will turn in the latest, and possibly final, draft of the script in the next few weeks. Imagine Entertainment and Fox have five directors in mind as of right now - Tony Scott pulled out due to other commitments - and pre-production is expected to be a very quick process with the studio aiming to start shooting in April as soon as star Kiefer Sutherland is free. The movie will be produced by Brian Grazer, who will also serve as producer of the 2012 Academy Awards.

It´s my biggest guilty pleasure, so i am thrilled!

I read this on the Shows facebook page so it´s worth a bit.

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

I'm looking forward to it. I loved 24, hopefully it'll be big and silly and over the top in the true spirit of the show and be something genuinely worth watching again after the pretty lame last few seasons.

Love 24, can't wait for this. I'm one of the few that don't think the show turned to shit, with the exception of the horrible 6th season, I always loved the show. Yeah, seasons 1-5 were definitely in their own league as far as greatness goes, but seasons 7 and 8 weren't bad.

I enjoyed 24 for what it was, but I can't see myself paying to see a movie of it for a couple hours. As enjoyable as it was, it was enjoyable for the entirety of a seasons story arc. I'll watch it once it becomes available on Netflix or gets played on a pay channel or something depending what the plot for it is.

Edited by Vitamin E

I got into 24 after Season 8 ended (not sure if that was a blessing or bad timing) and I blitzed the entire series in about 2 months or less. It is now my favorite TV show of all-time. Nothing else came close to hooking me like that. Every other show seems like a bore in comparison.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the movie and will see it in theaters, but I would still rather they just do another season.

Currently slowly re-watching the entire series and am on Season 3 now. I wish somebody I know would watch it along with me but all my friends heard the hype/hate for the series and never actually watched it, so they just assume it's a cheesy CSI type drama.

Edited by Universal

Love 24, can't wait for this. I'm one of the few that don't think the show turned to shit, with the exception of the horrible 6th season, I always loved the show. Yeah, seasons 1-5 were definitely in their own league as far as greatness goes, but seasons 7 and 8 weren't bad.

This. Though I'd go as far as to say that season 7 was up there with the best seasons, 8 was an improvement on 6 but not quite as good as the others. I don't even think 6 was that bad, it just didn't meet the high standards set by the previous 5 seasons.

Also, they can call it 2.4 and make it last 2 hours and 24 minutes. Problem solved.

Edit: Actually Universal has given me an idea. EWB 24 rewatch?

• Like 2

I liked Season 7 for the most part. Season 8 was on it's way to being the worst season till the last 6 episodes or so where it completely made up for the rest of it. Season 6 was still good I thought, just the forced family crap was a bit much and they took a few weird directions with the story.

5 was the best but I have since found a new appreciation for season 1 and how great it is, however, there isn't 1 season I would call perfect since there is usually 1 or 2 stupid story lines, usually involving Kim.

This. Though I'd go as far as to say that season 7 was up there with the best seasons, 8 was an improvement on 6 but not quite as good as the others. I don't even think 6 was that bad, it just didn't meet the high standards set by the previous 5 seasons.

Also, they can call it 2.4 and make it last 2 hours and 24 minutes. Problem solved.

Edit: Actually Universal has given me an idea. EWB 24 rewatch?

Yeah, Seven was actually a great season imo, but I wouldn't put it with the first five. Eight was good too, started off slow, but once it got going, turned out real good for the most part, even though I didn't like the ending. But there was still plenty of good, especially a couple of the swerves.

Six is the only one I truly disliked. It started off real well, don't remember when it started sucking, but the first few episodes were good stuff, but it got real bad, and to this day, I still think Curtis' death was beyond stupid.

If I were writing 24: The Movie, I would think Kim being part of the story would give way for the most believable scenarios for Jack Bauer to return. Every season gave a reason for Jack to get involved and I think Season 8 fell short of that a bit. While yes, they were able to write him into the storylines but I think if there was a straight-forward reason for Jack to return (such as Kim being in trouble), it would avoid a ton of exposition explaining another reason for him to be involved in a scenario that could kill him given he has nothing to lose from staying off-the-radar and nothing to gain from fighting more baddies.

The whole Die Hard 4 (another series that did a good job of getting the hero into the story without it feeling forced, before the last installment) "There is nobody else to save the world right now" shit is not good enough.

Edited by Universal

If I were writing 24: The Movie, I would think Kim being part of the story would give way for the most believable scenarios for Jack Bauer to return. Every season gave a reason for Jack to get involved and I think Season 8 fell short of that a bit. While yes, they were able to write him into the storylines but I think if there was a straight-forward reason for Jack to return (such as Kim being in trouble), it would avoid a ton of exposition explaining another reason for him to be involved in a scenario that could kill him given he has nothing to lose from staying off-the-radar and nothing to gain from fighting more baddies.

The whole Die Hard 4 (another series that did a good job of getting the hero into the story without it feeling forced, before the last installment) "There is nobody else to save the world right now" shit is not good enough.

I don't know about Kim being involved, but I think they'll just have a situation where CTU or the President, etc, has to call in Jack. I don't think they'll have him still be in hiding.

As for more 24 talk, I got all the DVD's last month real cheap over on Amazon (except for season6), going to start watching them all soon, just wanted to ask you guys, how would you rank the seasons? I'm doing this from memory, as I haven't watched any of them since they first aired, but as of right now.....

1. Season 4

2. Season 2 (doesn't get enough love, but I loved it when it first aired, except for the Kim storyline, interested in seeing how it'll hold up.)

3. Season 5

4. Season 3

5. Season 1

6. Season 7

7. Season 8

8. Season 6

Season 5 (Too good to put anything else above it, IMO)

Season 1 (Perfectly paced and well-done)

Season 2 (I also feel this season is underrated. I blew thru this one because of how exciting it was.)

Season 7

Season 4

Season 3 (Always had trouble starting this one, even when I first watched it. Felt like I missed a season. Gets good later on but the slow start was a turn-off compared to Season 2)

Season 8

Season 6

Edited by Universal