EWB Fantasy Baseball

sahyder1

Board draft?

like we usually do football.

Also I always support a board draft. We have enough time to do it over the course of spring training so as long as registrations are all taken care of over the next week we're more than good. We should also take roster sizes to a vote too. And can we have a games started/played weekly limit? Too often people will pad stats by cycling through 3 or 4 back-end starters every week and 3 or 4 utility bats.

We'll put it up to a vote but I don't support limit on roster moves. You have to find the balance between starting and bench spots so people aren't able to park multiple #1 starters on their bench while rotating players off the waivers on days off but if someone is being active....why punish it?

Activity is one thing, but you can really make it so the better players win by putting a limit on games played in a full season. It forces you to decide whether you really want your backup 2B playing this game when your primary one is off. It makes you choose between different pitchers for starts, and really requires you to study matchups. It usually works better with Roto leagues though, so that is something people should consider when it comes to voting. H2H is much tougher to work out games started in because you force your way into the playoffs early by front-loading your starts, then coast for a few weeks and stockpile so you can basically do unlimited moves again in the playoffs. All in all, I hope people have experience with different kinds of leagues or have read up on them when the vote is held.

Board draft?

like we usually do football.

Also I always support a board draft. We have enough time to do it over the course of spring training so as long as registrations are all taken care of over the next week we're more than good. We should also take roster sizes to a vote too. And can we have a games started/played weekly limit? Too often people will pad stats by cycling through 3 or 4 back-end starters every week and 3 or 4 utility bats.

We'll put it up to a vote but I don't support limit on roster moves. You have to find the balance between starting and bench spots so people aren't able to park multiple #1 starters on their bench while rotating players off the waivers on days off but if someone is being active....why punish it?

Activity is one thing, but you can really make it so the better players win by putting a limit on games played in a full season. It forces you to decide whether you really want your backup 2B playing this game when your primary one is off. It makes you choose between different pitchers for starts, and really requires you to study matchups. It usually works better with Roto leagues though, so that is something people should consider when it comes to voting. H2H is much tougher to work out games started in because you force your way into the playoffs early by front-loading your starts, then coast for a few weeks and stockpile so you can basically do unlimited moves again in the playoffs. All in all, I hope people have experience with different kinds of leagues or have read up on them when the vote is held.

Midget, that's why we all love the board draft. 24 hour limit to get your pick in, or you can send a list to the GM by round. So you don't get stuck with one of those bad auto-drafts that leaves you with 4 good guys at one spot and 1 good one at another.

Example, it's round 4 and you're going to be picking 3rd. You have plans and are both worried about the ability to get on that day and want to keep the draft moving along at a quick pace. You send the GM the top 3 guys you want since even if 2 are taken the 3rd won't.

• Like 1

Midget, that's why we all love the board draft. 24 hour limit to get your pick in, or you can send a list to the GM by round. So you don't get stuck with one of those bad auto-drafts that leaves you with 4 good guys at one spot and 1 good one at another.

I could probably swing that. Now sahyder may get a taste of what it was like running a decent Pop Prom :shifty: