Sim City 5

Herr Matzat

I don't understand why you're all so impressed. "Oh hey I can borrow power from the city next door, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR". It honestly seems more like the same old shit to me.

I don't understand why you're all so impressed. "Oh hey I can borrow power from the city next door, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR". It honestly seems more like the same old shit to me.

The graphics and the simplicity of the game are what impressed me the most. It also seems to have a much better layout. Being able to choose upgrades to your buildings is great. The core of Simcity shouldn't change. It should remain "the same old shit" but improved upon, because that's what works for this series.

Mostly digging the look. I love the cars, the little people, how they actualy go to work n shit. SimCity is not only about the core game and chalange but also about chilling and just seeing the stuff develop. Thats why it i great for example that you can have stuff like a superhero or villan in your city aswell... it´s just nice sweet touches, just to bad that they seem to be DLC heavy on this stuff.

It's got always online DRM and heavy Facebook integration, plus it's paytowin. You took one of the best single player ideas (you are a mayor, you make a city) and gimmicked it to fuck then plugged into it every bad gaming "innovation" that online access has brought.

Fuck this game and fuck Electronic Arts. I cannot wait for them to die.

The main point about this innovation is that you can´t get the full experience with an illegal copy and that you can´t resell your game so everyone has to put in a dime for EA.

I´ll just pirate this i guess, if it turns out to be brilliant i´ll pay. Esp. if you look at the sims you know how overboard they are willing to go with the DLC on this title and how outragous the prices might be. Better save than sorry.

• 2 months later...

When i played the beta (which wassent realy one houre since the severs craped out all the time and the game crashed a few times one me) i already thought that this is a bit easy. But if you look at this guy for example it´s a bit freaky how fast you can fill the tiny map and have a killer economy. (note, in the beta you have only one houre to build your city)

Might be more of a feelgood world builder than challenging game. I am also a bit disappointed that you have to buy the mac version extra (and it´s online only, so i guess it will stay high in price for a longer while)... i don´t know yet what i will do. Maybe get the PC version once it drops below 20 or 15$. I feel much better about having origin on my PC Bootsektor anyway since that has no personal data on it besides my steam account.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to anyone who has this: How bad is the downloadable content in a "This really oughta have been in the game to start with" sense?

We don´t know yet. But if you consider that there are already... 4-5 pices of DLC depending on if you preordert the game or bought the collectors edition there might be a ton of stuff coming. (most of the fear here is directed by The Sims 3 which is very much loaded with rather expensive DLC. - We don´t know yet how many city sets or superhero building alike gimmiks there will be and how much they´ll cost.
  • Like 1

MaxisMan is fucking useless, haha. I only got the limited edition, not the deluxe but I'm having a blast.

I'll create an EWB region later if nobody else does.

I haven't had to queue up once yet but I'm on Europe East 2 server. A lot of people queuing are on the NA servers and won't switch I imagine. Had one crash in 6 hours of gameplay and one issue where it stuck updating which was easy to solve.