Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Have to say, that goal from Solano was amazing.

6 defeats in a row, tut.

Sorry, when did you last win in the league?

Bugger. That is all I can say right now - how the fuck we aren't in Aston Villa's position, I'll never know. Read my first few posts in this thread, I was such an optimist. Now we'll be lucky to not get sucked into the last 10 games relegation battle.

Because Villa are better than Spurs.

Which is why we won. And you lost - again. And why should Spurs be in Villa's position? Who finished 6th last season? Exactly.

I meant with the players we have had at our disposal for the past, say, 5 years we should be doing a lot better than coming mid/lower table. Take Villa, under Graham Taylor they were underachievers, O'Leary comes in, things shake up and now your performing superbly.

I wasn't arguing the result, we were piss poor, but with players like Robinson, Paramot, King, Davies, Carrick, Mendes, Defoe and Keane we should be challenging for Europe with Villa and Everton, not battling to avoid relegation with West Brom and Norwich,

You're right though, with the amount of money you've speant you should be up there. That was my argument bout boro, speant loads and until this season hadn't achieved (ok carling cup, but come on). I'm well happy with villas form this season but this time last year we were hovering over relegation, then we turned things around and came 6th. You never know, same could happen with spurs. I hope not though, I'd love to see Defoe slap a transfer request in as soon as you went down like he did at west ham.

Everyone said O'Leary couldn't take us any where without money, but so far he's done class. Three great buys in Mccann, Sorrenson and Solano all on cheap. And with Lausen on his way back from injury we could actually get a european spot this season. Just need a couple of players in the January window and I reckon we'll be sorted. I just hope it isn't a roll reversal this season, like I said this timelast year we were hovering above relegation and now we're in 5th, we best not slip all the way back down again after christmas!

I agree really. When you look at the players Tottenham have, you should REALLY be doing better. I mean you have, Robinson, King, Naybet, Davis, Keane, Defoe and Carrick. They are all quality players that I think could get in any team in the premiership imo.

But, as you have done for the past 20 years, you under achieve. not that I mind though.

lol me either, love to see the yids go down. I reckon the key is getting in a good british manager, not one of these relatively unknown foreigners. Look what Harry Redknapps done at Portsmouth and since they've brought in that new executive director of football or what ever his title is, they've started going down the shitter. Beat man utd 2-0 one week then lose 3-0 to us the week after?

Edited by WS1

I was at the game on monday night (Im a Villa fan, not Spurs) and it looks like Spurs are in a bit of trouble at the moment and it's vital that they stop this rut as quick as possible. They seemed to be lacking in confidence, Santini's strange departure hasn't helped either.

And on a side note, Michael Brown is crap.

I haven't been cheerful for a while but today I am.

A good win for Spurs, Arsenal lose in the last minute....heh heh Chelsea for the league.

If we could just get a run together...

And Keane's finish (unfortunately from offside) just shows his quality.

And the winning streak continues...

Michael Brown's assist was absolutely stunning, I'm hoping he can bring the kind of form he showed in Division 1 to the Premiership permenantly. Defoe and Keane looked lively, and it was a solid, not spectacular, victory.

Hopefully we can do something with this - I've had enough of same old, same old. I really don't know how ambitious this club is now - I read Jol saying he'd be delighted to finish 11th.