Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

I can't get my head around why Spurs don't start with Keane. He's just one of those players that defenders can't seem to get sussed out. He'd be a big loss if he left.

Edited by Turbonegro

Grrrrr Robbie Keane is amazing and he's still only youngish (24 - I rmember cos he's only a couple of months older than me).

I don't blame him getting frustrated when he came to Spurs to start rather than sit on the bench.

I say play him even if it is behind the front two.

He does little things that make me think he's amazing, but there's no point in having him if he can't play with Defoe. I wouldn't mind a situation where he did play behind the front two, but that would mean sacrificing width (and Andy Reid) to play 3 central midfielders - ie Carrick Davis Mendes. Or, if you kept wingers, it would mean we'd be pretty vunerable in the centre of midfield.

I'd sugest signing Darren Bent, if Bobby Zamora hadn't been such a fuck-up. I think we have all the youngersters we need, it's time for some experience - (although I doubt it) a Beckham, for example. We've lost Sheringham, Redknapp, Keller and even Rebrov, who all had oodles of experience at the top level and (particularly Teddy and Redknapp) were top pros, and that undoubtedly helps the youngsters. Question Keller and Rebrov's performances, but they had to be good to have around the place.

In the summer, Spurs have to be looking at a centre back good enough to play with Ledley King. I still hope Tony Gardner will come good, because he has all the natural ability, he just looks incredibly lost most of the time - and he's a huge physical presence. I'd also suggest a new right winger, replacing Simon Davies - aparently Everton are willing to pay £5,000,000 - so I'd take that. Another striker, particularly if Keane is sold, is a must - someone strong, who can play off Defoe preferably. Fuck it, just sign Alan Smith. I also wouldn't mind a new right back, until Kelly is ready for week in, week out football.

Edited by fineintent

I imagine we will be seeing Mr.Dawson this week due to injuries , Reading Jol's fitness report we have 3 centre defenders fit for todays game being King , Bunj and Dawson .

Anthony Gardner is not good enough for Spurs nor is Jackson . Gardner was beaten to the header a number of occasions buy Leon knight since that point i have no faith in him .

And fineintent you included Carrick in your starting 3 central players leaving out Michael Brown ?! Are You Crazy ? Browny has been our midfield since Jol took over and decided that he wanted to play that Stroller / Poser / Tosser Carrick .

Im begging for another attempt to sign Rosicky for the summer

Vitally important win yesterday giving that Middlesbrough, Charlton and Liverpool lost. If Man Utd and Arsenal make the FA Cup final then 7th is good enough. We still have some crucial games against the teams around us like Liverpool, Villa and Middlesbrough so as long as we pick up points from them we'll be fine. I can see it being a 0-0 against Liverpool on Saturday.

I imagine we will be seeing Mr.Dawson this week due to injuries , Reading Jol's fitness report we have 3 centre defenders fit for todays game being King , Bunj and Dawson .

Anthony Gardner is not good enough for Spurs nor is Jackson . Gardner was beaten to the header a number of occasions buy Leon knight since that point i have no faith in him .

And fineintent you included Carrick in your starting 3 central players leaving out Michael Brown ?! Are You Crazy ? Browny has been our midfield since Jol took over and decided that he wanted to play that Stroller / Poser / Tosser Carrick .

Edited by The Slickman

What a game!

3 quality strikes, Edman's especially was awesome.

Xabi Alonso is the best player we have signed since John Barnes. What a player, his 50 yard passes to feet are unbelievable.

We should have won that match, with the chances we had. I knew Robbie Keane would score against us.