Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

So, now with BOTH Arsenal and Spurs out of the cups, my eyes turn to the LAST EVER N.London derby at Highbury. The league race is tight at the moment, and I'm starting to think that 4th place might be settled there.

SO...

...anyone think we can win it? I'm full of confidence regarding Spurs this season, but even the loyalest supporter will have to admit we have a habit of chucking it away when it matters the most (League cup final against Blackburn? Last season in the league at 'Boro for the final UEFA Cup place?). Form wise Spurs and Arsenal are much closer than any season in the last 10. A lot is gonna hinge on the availability of Henry, Bergkamp, Davids, Mido and King.

Also I'm convinced that Sheringham isn't on his way back to WHL. But anyone think we'll make ANY signings before the transfer deadline? We've tradishonally left it to the last minute in January, but I was convinced that Jol would be bringing in a new striker, as Rasiak hasn't set the world alight (Though I'm still fervanty awaiting the day he will replicate his FM2006 form for me and score 13 in 15 appearances :lmao: ).

Edited by marksbros6

Counting down to the Arsenal game is the worst thing we could possibly do . Arsenal havent performed against the smaller teams maybe because they are thinking about Madrid . Were in the position that beating the smaller teams will put lest emphasis on the Arsenal game , however big it is .

Michael Brown looks set to move to Fulham for about £1.5m. Fair price I suppose. When he played he did his job, but unfortunately is way behind in the pecking order.

According to The Times, we are going to launch a late bid for Danny Murphy. Have to admit I was a bit disappointed when he didn't come last summer, but I feel he'll be a lot more tempted now considering the position we are in.

The other bit of news is from The Independent, they say that Athletico Madrid have told us that £20m will be enough for us to get Fernando Torres, although it will probably have to wait until the summer to be done. What a deal that would be! Although I'm sure we know that we've been linked with several big name players before only for nothing to happen so we will just have to wait and see.

If so then he'd be suitable cover for Davids on the left. After losing Davis and Mendes, and Jenas and Davids picking up injuries we were looking a bit light in CM. Huddlestone hasn't debuted yet, and I wouldn't want to be relying on him at a vital time in our season (Though I'm sure that he'll do well, it'd be nice to have the luxury of bringing him into the squad when we have a few points on Arsenal).

And it's official, Portsmouth are now the 'TH-Old-Boys FC.' Used to be Watford (Neilson, Vega and Baadsen) then West Ham (Etherington, Zamora and Sheringham) now we have Davis, Mendes, Pamarot AND Routledge in the squad. Surprised Brown didn't go there too.

Sorry to see Browny go , I thought with Mendes and Davis leaving he would at least make it onto the bench but there you go . Havent seen the new guy play so i cant really judge him .

The first ive heard of the Murphy deal was on here so i dunno how reliable the sources are and so on but when we didnt sign him before he said it was because we wouldnt garuntee him a 1st team place . i dont see him playing every week if he was to join now

2230: Just 90 minutes until the window closes and it looks possible that Charlton midfielder Danny Murphy could be on his way to Premiership rivals Tottenham.

Charlton boss Alan Curbishley reveals after his side's 0-0 draw against West Brom that "something could happen" between now and midnight but if it does it would be "of Murphy's making".

2230: Just 90 minutes until the window closes and it looks possible that Charlton midfielder Danny Murphy could be on his way to Premiership rivals Tottenham.

Charlton boss Alan Curbishley reveals after his side's 0-0 draw against West Brom that "something could happen" between now and midnight but if it does it would be "of Murphy's making".

From BBC.

According to Sky Sports, you got him. Apparently about £2m. He's a good signing for you actually. Will be interesting to see who your first eleven will be when they're all fit.

So, you want Danny Murphy to play in the reserves, despite that fact that he is a quality player and with raise the overall quality, just because he chose to go Charlton before Spurs?

Isn't that cutting off your nose to spite your face?