Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Looks like the Hammers are doing us a favour at the moment. 2 goals to the good with 35 minutes played against the Gooners. One by Bobby Z!

Hopefully they'll be able to at least take a couple of points off Arsenal.

EDIT: the Spurs-old-boys-club weigh in with 2 goals to knock 3 points off the Gooners. YAY.

We're forever blowing bubbles...

PRETTY BUBBLES IN THE AIR...

Edited by marksbros6

Id personally have

LM : Ziegler

RM : Lennon

DM : Davids

AM/Everywhere : Tainio / Jenas / Murphy ( When hes apologised for being a cock and joining a shit club like Charlton )

I feel Carrick is very average and we could do with Edgars experience

And even though we lost against Fulham , what annoyed me more was it was a horrible game to watch aswell .

• Admin

IMO, Tainio has been our best midfielder this year, followed by Janes, then Lennon, then the rest. DAvids has not impressed me, to be honest.

I'd perhaps go with

GK: Robinson

DR: Stalteri

DL: Y.P. Lee

DC: King

DC: Dawson

RM: Jenas/Lennon

LM: Davids/Ghaly

MC: Tainio/Huddlestone

MC: Murphy/Carrick

AMC: Keane

FC: Defoe/Mido

Something like that.

Oh, and don't expect Y.P. Lee to plaing on Sunday. The Spurs site says he has flown back to South Korea to be with his family as his father died.

Edited by Messiah-Dice

I'd try for:

GK: Robinson

RB: Stalteri

LB: Y-P Lee

CB: King

CB: Dawson

RM: Jenas/Lennon (Jenas for box-to-box play and shooting ability, Lennon for pace and delivery).

LM: Davids/Jonnie Jackson (Come on J.J!)

DCM: Carrick/Ghaly/Tainio

ACM: Murphy

(Carrick is a great midfielder IMO, but according to reports he's been playing below-par lately)

CF: Mido

CF: Keane

I'm hoping that either Defoe starts against Charlton partnering Keane or Lee Barnard gets a chance to play. He's scored 17 goals or something in reserve outings this season, he must be worth a shot. Then again maybe Rasiak will be on form for the match. I always wanted him to do well, but his last-minute signing did seem to smack of desperation, and he seems to be finding the step up to the prem hard. Hopefully Murphy can weigh-in with some midfeild goals to help us stay 4th.

Lennon wasn't at his best crossing against Fulham, by all accounts, but out of all our LM/RM players (Davids, Jenas, Tainio) he's the only one who's a 'leg it to the byline and cross it in' type of player. Without a doubt he's more known for his pace, but he's a tradishional type of winger, 'bomb it down the flank and cross.'

Davids seems to prefer to build up play more slowly (though he has explosive bursts of pace on occasion he can't do it for most of the match like Aaron). Jenas CAN cross, but doesn't have the explosive pace to get him into the best position in the first place.

The only other 'out-and-out' wingers would be Zeigler (pacey, dribbler, good cross, shame he's on loan), Jackson (long time favourite of mine, unspectacular player, but does his job well) and Routledge.

a) Murphy's a cunt, a moody cunt and a lazy moody cunt, in that order.

b) I hope he does play on Sunday simply so someone like Alexei Smertin can home in on him and break his leg.

c) Murphy's a cunt because he fucked us about time and again, then signed when we didn't have a chance to get a replacement for him.

d) He's a lazy cunt because I don't think he EVER played at his full capacity for us.

e) He's a moody lazy cunt because he threw tantrums when he wasn't in the team, and did so at Liverpool as well.

f) You can fucking have him. I'm just glad we didn't get Gardner in return.

...hmmm. Someones got a bit of a downer on our new no. 8. For the record I'm hoping he can fire us into Europe, regardless of being any alleged combination of 'moody' and 'cunt-ish.'

And Murphy isn't eligible to play against Charlton. Shame. I can remember them recalling Konchesky from loan and playing him against us the next day a coupla seasons back.

On the plus side Davids might play, Tainio might be available, and Lee Barnard is in the squad.

Barnard on the bench! Great news! I just hope he gets twenty minutes at the end, hopefully when we're starting to really move away from Charlton (after 2-0 at half time!)

Get the crowd behind him and make him believe he can make a career at the Lane...