Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

They deserve to finish 4th, as they have been the better team, but if Arsenal win in Europe, Arsenal deserve the European spot.

As a journalist in the Mirror stated, if only purely for the fact that its the "Champions" League, and Arsenal would at least have fulfilled that aspect, unlike a Spurs side who will have finished 30-odd points behind Chelsea.

Oh, and I probably would have kicked it out (and I'm gonna hold my hands up and say I haven't seen the incident....I'd just do it because thats kinda what people do....if the injuries had been more serious, for example, simple things like that could make a big difference, I guess)

If a player in my team had fouled and injured a player on the other team I'd have kicked it out.

If two players from the same team ran into each other and the referee had asked them if they were okay and then motioned to me to play on, then I'd have played on....

If two players from the same team ran into each other and the referee had asked them if they were okay and then motioned to me to play on, then I'd have played on....

But then you could argue that the player on the ball wouldn't know that the ref had asked them if they were ok, would be aware of the collision and the players down, and than has actively chosen not to kick the ball out.

I guess its just one of those gray areas.

The only people saying there was any controversy are Wenger and people who haven't seen the incident but heard him say there were injured players when we scored and should have kicked it off. Everyone else agrees it was the right thing...

Wengers post match comments he sent to gooner newsletter subscribers were hilarious...

Dear Arsenal supporter,

Our 1-1 draw in the final North London derby at Highbury leaves us needing Tottenham to drop points to give us a chance of finishing in fourth place.

I don't think the race for fourth is over, but I do think Tottenham played well against us, especially in the first half.

The major talking point on Saturday was Tottenham's goal which was scored after Emmanuel Eboue and Gilberto collided inside our half and Eboue stayed down injured.

They collided with each other and with a player from Tottenham but it doesn't matter who they collided with. When a Tottenham player went down we kicked the ball out, when our player went down they didn't.

At the moment, people are usually fair enough to kick the ball out and respect the convention, even though there is no rule to make teams do that. If it becomes a rule, the difficulty is that players can gain time and cheat with the spirit of the game.

I remember the incident at Highbury against Sheffield United when Kanu kept the ball and we scored a goal. We took advantage on that occasion and then asked for the match to be replayed.

Finally, Philippe Senderos has a knee problem and had to go off on Saturday. I don't know the extent of the injury yet but I think he will be out for Tuesday in Spain.

Thanks for your support.

It's quite common to do it on the continent apparantly.

Anyway anything he says about it now are mindgames to get us to take the eye off the ball against Bolton. We got the draw away making two games against Arsenal this season we drew when we should have won. Let's move on to Bolton and West Ham

Guest muddatrucker

The only people saying there was any controversy are Wenger and people who haven't seen the incident but heard him say there were injured players when we scored and should have kicked it off. Everyone else agrees it was the right thing...

I never used to hate Wenger (I never liked him) but this is really getting on my tits . Do we really need to go through all the times Mr Pires has randomly jumped on the floor in games and won free kicks ? . Wenger cannot complain that any other side cheats when his team have the biggest reputation for diving .

I never used to hate Wenger (I never liked him) but this is really getting on my tits . Do we really need to go through all the times Mr Pires has randomly jumped on the floor in games and won free kicks ? . Wenger cannot complain that any other side cheats when his team have the biggest reputation for diving .

Well thats kind of bullshit since if that was the case the debate wouldn't be happening, but once again as far as the incident goes, I don't care.

I don't really think theres much difference between kicking the ball out when you injured the player or the player injured themselves though, I'm for definite that if Robbie Keane had stubbed and broken his toes whilst running for the ball and play carried on you'd be all "they're dirty for not kicking the ball out". To me, Spurs fans always seem to be the ones having a pop at Arsenal, thats why for the most part you're a bunch of intolerable cunts.

What?

There's no issue of diving here.

And I think Chelsea have a much bigger reputation for that.

Except for the vast majority of people who voted in the Sky Sports News poll, as I mentioned. To say there is no debate about it and that is as simple as you being right and anyone else being wrong (as it comes across as) is stupid.

And I agree with Mudda in so far as if this was Spurs players who were injured/collided/down on the pitch (whatever way you want to put it), you'd have expected the ball kicked out for treatment. Hell, if it happened to my team, I would have.Its just one of those instances where there is enough of a grey area about the situation that you can't really NOT expect Arsenal fans to be pissed off and people NOT to feel you should have kicked it out.

EDIT: And because he started to get up before going back down again MUST have meant he was play-acting? Maybe, just maybe he got up and went back down due to him being hurt more than he realised (as happens in....well, most games)? He isn't exactly going to remain standing if it hurts to stand, is he?

Edited by rvdwannabe

I wouldn't have expected the ball to be kicked out if two Spurs players ran into eachother.

I agree with what the (not as funny as he thinks) fantasty football writer in the Daily Telegraph said when he lambasted the arguments against the goal, firstly saying are we suppoed to stop play if a player just gets tired and needs a sit down? He then said that Wenger calling Jol a liar for saying he didn't see it shows that he obviously must have a very short and/or selective memory...

Still both managers are showing why they're good club managers, standing up for their club AND players.