Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Glad Davids is staying. I still don't think he has the legs to be effective over a WHOLE season, saw him against WBA last season and he had a shocking game, but for the start of the season and our first European games he could be vital. Him and Zokora in central midfield would be a solid partnership, with Lennon and maybe Zeigler (providing we don't sign another LM before the start of the season). If he's rested at opportune times then I don't see why he could't be there at the end of the season too. And we have plenty of cover in the middle of the park.

I think Chimbonda will probably sign in the next two weeks as well, and then the main weakness from last season is plugged, we'll have two solid full-backs in Assou-Ekkoto and Chimbonda. We've also got some good covering players in Lee, Stalteri and Ifil (Lee and Stalteri won't get caught out as much if they only have to play a game or two as cover, or in rotation).

Ghaly seems to have been getting some good reviews. Anyone got any info on him. Havn't seen him play, and wondering what his position in the midfield is.

I think we'll probably line up in a 4-4-2 for the start of the season, but 4-3-3 seems to be a realistic alternative (a PROPER 4-3-3 with 3 strikers, as opposed to the Chelsea version with Cole and Robben as more 'attacking wingers' effective though it is). It would be interesting to see how other teams would respond to Keane dropping deep and Defoe and Berbatov staying up front. It's good to have a couple of effective systems to play.

Also on the plus side I can see Defoe getting recalled to the England squad, in light of there really being no other strikers available (proven at international level anyway) I can see Crouch and Defoe forming a good partnership for the first few european games while Rooney serves his ban and Owen gets fit again. Lennon looks to have a shot on the right flank too if Beckham is going to 'concentrate on getting fit for Real Madrid' before returning to the England fold.

Just about the only downside I can see at the moment is the injury to Ledley King. Fortunatly Dawson has gone from strength to strenght in central defence, and Davenport had an impressive debute last season too. so hopefully they will be solid till the captain can return.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

I think Chimbonda will probably sign in the next two weeks as well, and then the main weakness from last season is plugged, we'll have two solid full-backs in Assou-Ekkoto and Chimbonda. We've also got some good covering players in Lee, Stalteri and Ifil (Lee and Stalteri won't get caught out as much if they only have to play a game or two as cover, or in rotation).

It's been rumoured that since Wigan have rejected multiple bids from us for Chimbonda, we're looking into Lucas Neill. I'd prefer Neill myself but we could really do with at least one of them before the first transfer deadline. A left midfielder is also needed, I don't think Ziegler's good enough to be our starting left midfield and if he is chosen there, that will likely be a weak point in our starting 11.

Ghaly seems to have been getting some good reviews. Anyone got any info on him. Havn't seen him play, and wondering what his position in the midfield is.

I believe he's central midfield. I haven't seen him or heard much either, but he did set up two of Berbatov's goals in pre-season in the one game and what I have heard has been positive.

Guest Chasing Ringy

I'm fairly certain Benoit Assou-Ekotto will be our starting left back. I mean he should be, he's better than Lee and of the little I've seen of him in France, he was class.

Of what I've seen of him in Holland and the Egyptian national team, Ghaly is a holding midfielder with a killer pass and a good tackle. I'm glad we're hanging on to him, he's not that old and could be used.

• Admin

Hull City have secured the services of Tottenham Hotspur's highly-rated young winger Mark Yeates on a season-long loan deal.

The two clubs agreed a deal on Monday afternoon and the player is due to link up with his new team-mates on Wednesday, when he will undergo a strict training regime to get him up to full match fitness as he has missed a large chunk of pre-season.

As a result Tigers boss Phil Parkinson has refused to consider handing him a debut against Derby County at the KC Stadium this coming Saturday.

Good for him, He's behind Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, and IMO, Dixon, so give him some first team action before next year.

Also, I'm torn on which shirt to get :(. Probbly the white one, I like the brown one, but I can't see me wearing it out and about.

Hull City have secured the services of Tottenham Hotspur's highly-rated young winger Mark Yeates on a season-long loan deal.

The two clubs agreed a deal on Monday afternoon and the player is due to link up with his new team-mates on Wednesday, when he will undergo a strict training regime to get him up to full match fitness as he has missed a large chunk of pre-season.

As a result Tigers boss Phil Parkinson has refused to consider handing him a debut against Derby County at the KC Stadium this coming Saturday.

Good for him, He's behind Keane, Berbatov, Defoe, and IMO, Dixon, so give him some first team action before next year.

And behind Barnard too I would have thought.

Also, I'm torn on which shirt to get :(. Probbly the white one, I like the brown one, but I can't see me wearing it out and about.

Stop being a cheapskate and get both ¬_¬

Guest Chasing Ringy

Can anyone tell me why one of our U18 strikers by the name of Radwan Hamed has been in the intensive care unit for the better part of a week?

I've just been browsing various sites and they've mentioned it, but I haven't seen why.

Well, lets hope for a bit of that tomorrow against Sheff U!

Cheers for posting that link, quality vid.

As an aside, anyone think we'll make any more signings before transfer deadline?

Personally I reckon in typical Spurs fashion we'll sign Chimbonda at 11.55 at night on deadline day! probably for about 5.5 mil.

Still wondering about the left side. Is Davids gonna play there all season or do you think we'll bring in an actual left-winger?

Long time reader first time replyer to this thread. I've been a spurs fan for 10 years now.

Anyway To answer the question above I think we all sign Simon Downing. I just have that feeling about it. Mind you though, it is going to be expensive.