Deadpool: The Game

apsham

Ugh, the multiple thought box gimmick that ruined him for me in the comics.

Nolan North was magnificent as him in Wolverine vs. Hulk or whatever the direct-to-DVD animated movie Deadpool was in was.

• 11 months later...

I hope I am not the only person playing this. It can be cringe worthy at times but I've laughed pretty hard playing it and I think it is one of the better comic to video game crossovers I have ever played. It definitely captures the spirit of the character well.

As a game, Deadpool is basically an average combo button mashy brawler with some gunplay. As a Deadpool game, it's a hoot. I've basically just been grinning for the entire 45 minutes I was playing it earlier. It's stupid, it's mental, it's dumb, but I'm really enjoying it.

I posted that in the General Gaming thread. Enjoying it a lot so far.

I pre-ordered it over a month ago, but apparently the online store I ordered it at will only sell from tomorrow on, and whilst they usually send the games in the mail a day earlier, I still haven't gotten an e-mail confirming they sent it. Getting a bit worried here, because I want to play this so freakin' bad.

I just beat it in one sitting. It's not terrible, but in the same vein as Lollipop Chainsaw, entertaining first playthrough, zero point in a second.

And if you're afraid of Clowns, do NOT play a certain section of the game. It is pure nightmare fuel.

I really love it except for all the cursing and dick jokes

....you know who Deadpool is, right?

I jumped back into my game this afternoon and it turned out last time I stopped playing, I was only half an hour from the end. Anyway, decided to mop up a couple of achievements early in the game and ended up halfway through a second playthrough. Fuck the reviews, this game is a shitload of fun.

• Like 1

I own like 20 something issues of Deadpool at least. I remember him as funny, crazy and a bad ass, but I don't remember him talking about tits all the time, or shitting his pants or telling people to "talk to his dick" or saying fuck a bunch. I mean I guess some people could argue that's what the character would be like if Marvel didn't have rules about that sort of thing but I just don't like it.