NHL 13

Ruki

The computer scores the easiest goals on me too. Or some from the blue line, while I miss on breakaways. I always end up shooting and going too high, or going over the side.

I use auto shooting, so I don't got to aim, but I keep missing the easiest shots.

The super goalies for the computer while your goalies lets in soft wristers from the blue-line is so frustrating though. I still have to play on Rookie cause even though I out-shoot the opposition 30-5, I still end up in 1 goal games.

It's this. I thought I was just being dumb to begin with, imagining it to justify not beating the AI. But I'm not. And there are times where it is physically impossible to take the puck back from the computer. Like I'll come in and essentially commit a charging penalty, which never gets called as I'll just glance off the side of them and/or fall over myself. Yet I'll be perfectly still next to an opponent who is also perfectly still, and drop like I've been shot.

The game that caused that post was a 10-2 drubbing at the hands of the Penguins, but lots of gamers have been scores like 7-4, 9-3 etc. I'm horrendously outshot and I'm just at a complete loss as to how to fix it. I did have a much better game straight after the Pens one where I was tied 1-1 with Vancouver and ended up losing via shootout, but generally, I'm fucked. And no amount of practice will get me used to the skating. It's just all or nothing, I either bomb around and can't hang onto the puck when I deke, turn or notice someone looking at me, or I'm so slow I can't find any space and get smacked around.

The skating is way easier if you've played hockey. It's weird but I absolutely kill my friends who never played growing up and it's because I know what speed to use to turn and what not.

And if you're stopped try a cycling game. It's also a lot easier to do this year than previous years because of the skating.

Edited by Clawson

Anyone got some tips for properly cycling the puck around? I am not a hockey savant so the most I often do is skate into the offensive end and either shoot, pass/shoot or a combination of that.

Often when I try to play a pass back to the point my defender just looks at it as it slides back into the neutral zone and most of the times he can't catch up in time and the other team takes it into my zone for a breakout shot.

I haven't played much of this years game, probably because I have become addicted to NCAA 13 and my work schedule means I am usually not home when the regular group gets on. I have this Friday off though so I should be online for a few games.

Either I'm starting to get the hang of a bit, or the AI's easing up on me a bit so's I won't give up entirely. Beat Phoenix 5-3 in Phoenix. Although I did lose the other leg of the home-and-home on some ridiculous bullshit. Oh hey, you're on the PK? Any opposing shot conceded = goal.

I'm sorry, but I play Hockey and the Skating in this game has absolutely no relevance at all to how I skate on the rink. The complete slow down on a small cut is ridiculous. The mile wide turns when going full speed is also ridiculous. I do like the explosive take off, but I feel there needs to be more of a middle between 12 and 13. The skating in this game is not as realistic as they were hoping for. When it's quicker to stop and make a small cut, something went wrong. I don't really have a problem scoring. Usually I get 3,4,5 goals per game. I use manual aim though as I find it easier to rip them high corners on the angle. I think some people are having problems with scoring because they're so use to the easy cross over passes from previous NHL games - The AI is smarter and doesn't allow them nearly as much. I switch between Pro and All star depending on how much I just want to relax and play. Sometimes All star gives me more stress and I'd like.

Sorry if it sounds dumb, but I sometimes shoot on a breakaway and it goes way over the goalie, or it goes way into the right over left.

And these are easy shots I'm taking. Does it matter what direction you move the joystick when you shoot? I'm using auto aim, if it helps.

Sorry if it sounds dumb, but I sometimes shoot on a breakaway and it goes way over the goalie, or it goes way into the right over left.

And these are easy shots I'm taking. Does it matter what direction you move the joystick when you shoot? I'm using auto aim, if it helps.

This also depends on the player. In general, the harder you shoot, the less aim you have. Only players like Ovechkin, Crosby, and the other elite scorers, can shoot as hard as possible with good aim.