Slender

apsham

I've seen a playthrough. Not that scary but that might just be because it's unfinished.

Buuuut

Start at 6:05

• Like 1

This isn't based off the Slender Man myth, is it?

Because fuck that guy, he's boring. Give me something actually scary pls kthnx

Burn in a fire. Slendy is awesome.

• Like 1

*yawn*

I won't deny that a lot of my antipathy for Slender Man comes from him being a blatant ripoff of the Tall Man from the Chzo Mythos.

• Like 1

I got bored with the game after about half a minute.

Did the Marble Hornets series pick up any after the first season? I thought it was pretty interesting and pretty scary in parts, but it seemed to lose its way, like the writers hadn't really thought up enough stuff in time. I was also disappointed that it wsan't actually an ARG, especially as I'd read massive forum threads of people trying to work out codes and such in the totheark videos.

I got bored with the game after about half a minute.

Did the Marble Hornets series pick up any after the first season? I thought it was pretty interesting and pretty scary in parts, but it seemed to lose its way, like the writers hadn't really thought up enough stuff in time. I was also disappointed that it wsan't actually an ARG, especially as I'd read massive forum threads of people trying to work out codes and such in the totheark videos.

I thought it was an ARG? I'm enjoying the direction that they're taking it in - there was a huge gap in time for story reasons where I think they figured a lot of stuff out.

It certainly presented itself as such to begin with, but as far as I could see from the forums that were discussing it, nothing ever came of anything they put forward. There was a bit of interaction with a couple of characters through Youtube messages and tweets, but that doesn't really count as a 'game'.

It's not really an ARG, I think the creators wanted it to be at first but changed their minds.Anyway, follow everymanHybrid if you want some more interaction.

Everyman's alright, but there's a bit more of a learning curve versus Marble Hornets. Hornets started as an ARG and still contains a couple of elements in regards to interaction (Twitter primarily), but it's much more an unconventional series. Second season of MH has been character development with a few spookier moments. They're winding down what is ultimately the third season, but there is talk the creators are wanting to do something else at the end of the season only to come back to MH later. Which means we'll get some sort of cliffhanger, they'll go onto other things, and we'll never get a resolution.

Of the three major Slenderman Channels that I've seen (MarbleHornets, everymanHYBRID and TribeTwelve), I'd say EMH is my favorite followed very, very closely by MarbleHornets. TribeTwelve has some legitimately amazing moments but it's mostly overshadowed by the cast's mostly poor acting. That being said, nothing in any of the other two series got to me quite like TribeTwelve's 'airplane scene' when he's on his way to do the crossover with the EMH crew. Fucking terrifying, especially the little girl in the background after the 'attack'.

But yeah, I enjoy the pacing and interactivity of EMH the most, and the crossovers with other creatures besides Slendy are a welcome sight as well. MH has that creepy factor down the best, but EMH has the most going on to keep it interesting.

Oh my god, The Rake in EMH is fucking horrifying. The one thing I like about EMH that MH doesn't do is that characters fucking die and they die in a bad way.

One of the creepiest 'cameos'-- though not yet a true cameo-- is the whole shit surrounding Jeff and the allusions that he's becoming "Jeff the Killer". I really hope that winds up going somewhere. Also, Evan's character is definitely one of my favorites. He's not the stereotypical badass who gets destroyed in a horror flick, he's actually smart but is getting driven out of his mind, but has the survival skills and physical strength to hold his own. I love how they've developed his character.

But yeah, Kirkles, if you haven't checked out TribeTwelve and you want something to freak you out, look for the clip where he's flying off to meet the EverymanHYBRID crew. That airplane scene is one of the best Slenderman moments I've seen, and that's even counting the Slenderman 'reveal' in EMH or his appearance at the end of Marble Hornets' first run, both of which in themselves freaked me the fuck out.

I'm going to start on those videos here in a minute.

Edit:And I hope they don't involve Jeff The Killer. I've always disliked that Creepypasta. He's like a crappy,emo,teen version of The Joker.

I wouldn't be against SCP involvement though.

They could pull a Nolan and do a gritty reboot of Jeff the Killer :shifty:

It's just, I mean, when you freeze frame on the last video Jeff is in when shit goes crazy on him and he turns the cam on himself, the dude looks like a fuckin' psychopath. If he turns on the EMH crew during any of their next videos I'm almost positive he's gonna go that route.

And yeah, any SCP involvement would be incredible. Well, at least, the non-ridiculous SCPs anyway.

*yawn*

I won't deny that a lot of my antipathy for Slender Man comes from him being a blatant ripoff of the Tall Man from the Chzo Mythos.

Tall Man is a better video game character if you want a grand story but Slenderman is just so much more terrifying. See the thing is The Tall Man has an explanation, a backstory, a name. Slenderman has no explanation or backstory other than "He steals children and makes people die/lose their minds/get sick in his presence". How did he come to be? No one knows. Why does he do these things? No reason, he just does. The Slenderman just is. He's like a force of nature.