EWR 2012 Stats Update: September ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Guest Owned by Quickquid

Raise Jim Cornette's charisma to 97. To this day he is one of the best talkers in this industry.

Cornette's very good, but not to the point where he'd be a 100 over household name after cutting 30 promos (which is what you're suggesting). 85 or so makes more sense.

I don't follow your argument. You are saying because of game mechanics, we should lower his charisma? Cornette is still one of the premier talkers in the business, right up there with Flair, Jericho, Rock, McMahon and Austin in my book.

...yes, I *am* saying we should make stats based on what they mean in practice in EWR.

Raise Jim Cornette's charisma to 97. To this day he is one of the best talkers in this industry.

Cornette's very good, but not to the point where he'd be a 100 over household name after cutting 30 promos (which is what you're suggesting). 85 or so makes more sense.

I don't follow your argument. You are saying because of game mechanics, we should lower his charisma? Cornette is still one of the premier talkers in the business, right up there with Flair, Jericho, Rock, McMahon and Austin in my book.

...yes, I *am* saying we should make stats based on what they mean in practice in EWR.

So if someone is a great high flyer, but they aren't over because WWE isn't pushing them, we need to lower their speed?

The fact is, Jim Cornette could easily get to an extremely high level of real life "overness" based off of his promo skills, just because he was never put in a spot where he was able to by management and the creative team isn't a testament at all to his skill. As a matter of fact, in real life he WAS at an extremely high level of popularity (more like disdain, since he was a heel) during his early NWA/WCW and WWF days. It's like saying Colt Cabana's skills should be lowered because he never received a push when he was Scotty Goldman.

Edited by KrisClassic
  • Like 1

So if someone is a great high flyer, but they aren't over because WWE isn't pushing them, we need to lower their speed?

The fact is, Jim Cornette could easily get to an extremely high level of real life "overness" based off of his promo skills, just because he was never put in a spot where he was able to by management and the creative team isn't a testament at all to his skill. As a matter of fact, in real life he WAS at an extremely high level of popularity (more like disdain, since he was a heel) during his early NWA/WCW and WWF days. It's like saying Colt Cabana's skills should be lowered because he never received a push when he was Scotty Goldman.

The argument by Quickquid reminds me of back in 2006-2008 when people claimed CM Punk wasn't good at promos and didn't deserve higher than Randy Orton in charisma because he wasn't given promo time in WWE and wasn't entertaining on the microphone and was overrated on the indies.

Seriously though, I'd leave Cornette at 94. While he is one of the best talkers in the business, I would put him just a cut below the true elites in the 96-100 range - like Jericho, Punk, etc.

Ric Flair is at 94. I'd put Cornette around that, or maybe bump Flair up to 95.

While on the topic of charisma, with Daniel Bryan's recent awesome work on the mic - catchphrases, segments with AJ, segments with Kane, segments with everyone else from Rock to Cena to Charlie Sheen (lol) - I think he should be around 90 or so in charisma. I know that's really high, but he's shown more charisma in the last year or so than guys like Orton, Del Rio, or a few others around the upper 80s.

• Like 1

Add them to WWE

- Baron Corbin

- Chase Donovan

- Memo Montenegro

- Mojo Rawley

- TAC

- Turn CM Punk heel

Stats are needed before workers can be added to the game. I do not do stats, as I am not very good at determining them. If you can find matches for those you listed to back up your stats, then they will be added at Bill's earliest convenience.

Are you his PA?

Are you a dick?

Yes.

• Like 2

I'm surprised Flair is at 94. I would put Flair at the least at 96 and Cornette at least bumped up to 95.

-Uncheck SS Look for Dave Crist. Check Fonz Factor. Raise his speed to 75. Change his gimmick in CZW to Psycho. Make him a mid carder for CZW and an upper mid carder for HWA.

-Uncheck SS Look for Jake Crist. Change his gimmick in CZW to Old School Heel. Make him a mid carder in CZW and an upper mid carder for HWA.

• Like 1

Jerry Lawler's girlfriend Lauryn Laine McBride released the following statement regarding his medical condition late Monday night: "Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack…he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable.

I don't know if Su Yung's real name is Lauren McBride, but yeah.

I checked in the latest update and New Jack/Lawler don't have a hate or dislike relationship at all...but based on New Jack's tweets yesterday, I think he might dislike Lawler...just a bit...Not sure if the Twitter rants of a lunatic are grounds enough for a relationship, but I've seen weaker reasoning for relationships in this thread.

Based on the game mechanics, pretty sure New Jack would hate being on the same roster as Lawler...and vice versa (mostly Lawler fearing his safety) which for me means it should be in the game.

Jerry Lawler's girlfriend Lauryn Laine McBride released the following statement regarding his medical condition late Monday night: "Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack…he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable.

I don't know if Su Yung's real name is Lauren McBride, but yeah.

According to google it isn't her ;) Remove the relationship

LaurynMcBride.jpg

Edited by arwrestling

I'm all for putting in Lance Storm as a worker, by the way. Stats:

Lance Storm

Storm

April, 43

Heavyweight

Already have his picture in staff.

B - 64

S - 59

T - 86

Stiff - 42

Sell - 81

Over - 64

Charisma - 78

Att - 88

Behav - 85

Check Booker, Trainer

Face, No Gimmick Needed, Non Wrestler

Canadian

Speaks

Primary: Canadian Maple Leaf (Submission)

Secondary: Superkick (Impact)

Check the last update he was in for tag teams and all relationships. Off the top of my head and from checking Wiki he should have loyalties with the following:

Chris Jericho

Justin Credible

Emma

Jillian Hall

Mickie James

Dolph Ziggler

Mike Dalton

Irena Janjic (raise her overness to 16)

Alter egos:

The Black Mamba

The Ideal Canadian

Lance Storm

Lance T Storm

The SWA Kid

-Lower Rhino's stiffness to 74.

-Raise Nick Berk's overness to 36.

-Add Masada to Evolve/DG USA. Upper Mid Card, Tweener, Bad Ass. Raise his stiffness to 85.

-Check High Spots for Mary Dobson. Add her to JCW. Make her Mad Man Pondo's manager.

-Raise Jon Davis' overness to 47.

-Raise Johnny Gargano's brawl to 73 and overness to 62.

-Raise Chuck Taylor's overness to 61.

-Raise Larry Dallas' overness to 42 and charisma to 71.

-Raise Ricochet's charisma to 67.

-Raise Samuray Del Sol's overness to 50.

-Add Fire Ant to DG/Evolve, Heel, Mid Card, Comedy Character. Add him to the Gentleman's Club (he is there as Orange Cassidy).

-Change tHURTeen's name to Lucky tHURTeen.

-Raise Bob Evans' charisma to 73 and overness to 45.

-Raise Mike Bennett's brawl to 70 and selling to 78. Change his secondary finisher to Box Office Smash (impact).

-Raise Cliff Compton's brawl to 68, speed to 46, overness to 52, and charisma to 80.

-Raise Jim Korderas' talent to 83.

Edited by KrisClassic

- I'd say Michael Cole deserves a stat raise. He handled the situation on RAW very professionally.

- Lower Bret Hart's charisma.

- John Cena's charisma needs to be the same as CM Punk's. Mondays segment proved that.

- Raise Kane's overness to 92.

- Raise Paul Heyman's charisma.

- Raise Sheamus's charisma by one point.

• Like 2

- I'd say Michael Cole deserves a stat raise. He handled the situation on RAW very professionally.

- John Cena's charisma needs to be the same as CM Punk's. Mondays segment proved that.

Professionalism was bar none and he should be commended for that. But providing medical updates and staying quiet for the end of the broadcast does not equate a higher commenting stat. Sorry, it is disrespect towards Cole but I don't consider what he did on RAW as being worth raising his stats for. Attitude or Behavior, maybe (I'd lean towards no tbh) but certainly not his announcing stat. To be very blunt, he was told to shut up and provide updates, and thats what he did. I respect the hell out of him for being able to do it, but it has nothing to do with actual announcing duties. When he can call a match and not be distracting or taking AWAY from the in ring action rather than adding to it, I'll consider raising his stat.

Edited by arwrestling

• Admin

Professionalism was bar none and he should be commended for that. But providing medical updates and staying quiet for the end of the broadcast does not equate a higher commenting stat. Sorry, it is disrespect towards Cole but I don't consider what he did on RAW as being worth raising his stats for. Attitude or Behavior, maybe (I'd lean towards no tbh) but certainly not his announcing stat. To be very blunt, he was told to shut up and provide updates, and thats what he did. I respect the hell out of him for being able to do it, but it has nothing to do with actual announcing duties. When he can call a match and not be distracting or taking AWAY from the in ring action rather than adding to it, I'll consider raising his stat.

Oh sorry, I wasn't aware that Bill had passed over the stat updates torch to you.

• Like 6

- I'd say Michael Cole deserves a stat raise. He handled the situation on RAW very professionally. As mentioned already, while he did professionally handle it, it wasn't within the scope of actual commentary. He gave medical updates and didn't say anything, and even said out of respect there would be no commentary, so it shouldn't translate into his talent.

- Lower Bret Hart's charisma. Why? 81 is the low threshold for having good charisma. I think Bret Hart showed he can still cut a decent promo. While he's a far cry from what he was in his prime, due to all the problems he's had, he still has an intangible quality to him, which goes beyond just overness - it's his personality, his charisma, his character - whatever the case may be, it's charisma, and I don't think he needs to be lowered.

- John Cena's charisma needs to be the same as CM Punk's. Mondays segment proved that. It was one segment out of several dozen the two have had where Cena finally looked on the same level as Punk. I still think CM should be a point or two above Cena in that regard, considering ON HIS OWN he cuts better promos than Cena, and while they each did a great job this Monday, Cena doesn't typically churn out the quality of mic work that Punk does.

- Raise Kane's overness to 92. Agree

- Raise Paul Heyman's charisma. To what? He should be around 93 IMO.

- Raise Sheamus's charisma by one point. lol why? I personally don't think he should be any higher than he is now. 84 is pretty damn good, and considering his promos - especially the one on RAW where he was a poor man's Stone Cold in that meeting - come off as stupid most of the time and it's hard to buy into them.

Comments in bold on the side....